Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 2

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Greater Gaming World (Closed) (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=571)
-   -   Best Video Game Endings (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=443615)

Segagrey 26th May 2011 9:17 PM

Best Video Game Endings

A few months ago I decided to pop open my old PlayStation and have a go at Metal Gear Solid. It took some time getting used to the controls again, but I found my groove and quickly got back into it. I never finished the game, and thought I owed it to myself to complete such a classic. Needless to say I rediscovered why it is referred to as such. The ending was remarkable, especially for a game released so long ago. Then again, it was probably just the MGS fan in me that came to that conclusion. >.> Regardless, it struck me.

The title for this topic is somewhat misleading...To elaborate: What video game do you consider to have the most memorable ending, in your experience? Did it make you cry? Did it make you re-evaluate your life? Did it make you want a refund?

Tell, tell :]

Personally, Final Fantasy VII, Shadow of the Colossus, and the afore mentioned MGS are my favorite endings. VII, because it was just so damn epic back then, and Colossus and MGS because they were...just kind of beautiful, really.

maxon 27th May 2011 10:35 AM

I can probably think of a few that made me want a refund.

Shoosh Malooka 27th May 2011 11:12 AM

Well, okay.

Most recent game with a very good ending I've played is Hitman: Blood Money for several reasons:

1. You have to figure it out because...

2. It was a really good ending in spite of the fact that the final battle was a nuisance.
3. That horrible song is replayed in the ending credits, this time with a capable singer.

Quote:
most memorable ending, in your experience

Chrono Trigger. I just remember one little part of it, but it gets stuck in memory.

runeon 28th May 2011 8:10 AM

Silent Hill 2 ending.
Just because the protagonist is finding his dead wife all this time, only to find out in the end that he is the one who killed her. lol

Rileyjcquinn 28th May 2011 9:08 AM

I have a few
1. Mass Effect 2
2. Portal 2
3. Halo 3
4. Crysis

Shoosh Malooka 28th May 2011 9:09 AM

I was afraid of this. Now there is no point for me to play Silent Hill 2, not that I even know what gaming system it is for. This topic makes me realize that it's the simple endings that stick. Half Life 1, Witcher 1, Neverwinter Nights... I can't remember those. But I do remember the ending to No One Lives Forever 2. Also, the age we were when we played those games is also relevant.

Esmeralda 28th May 2011 11:17 AM

The ending to 'The Longest Journey' and the 'good' ending to 'Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption' always bring a tear to my eye.

The ending (among the several you can choose from) in 'Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines' in which you give everyone the finger, always cracks me up.

I love the creepy endings to 'Phantasmagoria - A Puzzle of Flesh' and 'System Shock 2', though the ending to SS2 is somewhat annoying because it looks like the promise of a sequel and there never was one, dammit!

Lance 28th May 2011 11:32 AM

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Sacrifice
That was very sad for me, to watch the pyre after 80 hours of living with that self-based character.

rcranger9 29th May 2011 1:37 AM

Definitely Monster Hunter Tri for the wii. It is absolutely amazing graphics.

scoopy_loopy 29th May 2011 5:20 AM

The Prince of Persia. (2008) -- I love that ending.

Segagrey 29th May 2011 8:58 AM

I loved the endings to Ridge Racer 4. It's the only racing game I've played that had an interesting story...multiple ones at that. Paired with it's music and overall presentation, it's easily the best in the series to this day.

The original Tenchu's ending sucked for me...Watching my favorite character die, though for a good cause, was not fun.

Deadspace just...lol I was like D8

Johnny_Bravo 29th May 2011 11:15 AM

Portal 2, I haven't played it, but I've seen serveral videos and..yeah. I also like the ending of GTA 4 (both of them because they're quiet the same)

TRIriana 29th May 2011 12:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
I was afraid of this. Now there is no point for me to play Silent Hill 2, not that I even know what gaming system it is for. This topic makes me realize that it's the simple endings that stick. Half Life 1, Witcher 1, Neverwinter Nights... I can't remember those. But I do remember the ending to No One Lives Forever 2. Also, the age we were when we played those games is also relevant.

That's only one of the possible alternate endings.

Lance 29th May 2011 3:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TRIriana
That's only one of the possible alternate endings.

That's not an ending even, that's a plot point.

Cheese678 31st May 2011 6:41 AM

Halo Reach had a very sad ending.
I remember wanting to get a refund at the end of Call of Duty: Black Ops. For a kind of cool story mode, the ending was inevitable. I mean, every Call of Duty main character (almost) lives at the end of the games.
There was also LittleBigPlanet.

Captain THPS4 31st May 2011 12:29 PM

Sonic Adventure 2's ending is definitely memorable for me because of Shadow's sacrifice. Also because of Tails giving a cheesy response to Dr. Eggman's question of whether his grandfather really meant to try and destroy everyone by saying "I don't know, but what I do know is, we all did it together!" And then Eggman just says "You're right." I think that might have been a prelude to the whole "real superpower of TEAMWORK" in Sonic Heroes.

The multiple endings for The Sims Bustin' Out were all hilarious, Malcolm Landgrabb finally got what was coming to him.

Sonic 06's ending was also good because everything gets reset, meaning that horrible game never happened.

clynnc19 11th Jun 2011 5:01 PM

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Bioshock 2
3. Final Fantasy X
4. F.E.A.R 2 (So shocking I don't think I'll ever forget it)
5. Halo Reach

Cruzy 16th Jun 2011 1:49 PM

Mass Effect 2, the ending to that pretty much guaranteed that i'd be buying the next in the series.
Uncharted 2, because I love those sappy sweet endings.

kennyinbmore 16th Jun 2011 2:03 PM

For me it's easily Resident Evil 2. You finally make the train to get out of Raccoon City to safety and then find there's a humonguous monster of all monsters you have to kill first on the train with you. Classic!!! It sucks that the franchise went downhill after that one though. I'd rate GTA 4 a close second to that one though

kiwi_tea 16th Jun 2011 4:59 PM

Quote:
Silent Hill 2 ending.
Just because the protagonist is finding his dead wife all this time, only to find out in the end that he is the one who killed her. lol

I know it's an old game, but... ...spoiler tags much?

Segagrey 16th Jun 2011 6:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Silent Hill 2 ending.

I know it's an old game, but... ...spoiler tags much?

I was like: "Hmm. Well that's one game I can't play now." lol.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. I've never had so many plot twists thrusted down my throat. Save for when I watched Lost and Heroes.

qpldmff 16th Jun 2011 6:35 PM

I typically don't ever get to the ending of a game.

mokado 5th Sep 2011 11:19 PM

Mafia. Hands down. The first game that nearly made me cry. *shivers*. That game was better than pretty much any movie out there, plot-wise.

Farenheit was brilliant too, though not as much.

GTA IV.

GigaRevival 5th Sep 2011 11:32 PM

1. The original Deus Ex (I haven't finished the new one yet, so no comment)
2. GTA IV
3. Portal (haven't played 2 yet)
4. Dead Space
5. Mass Effect 2
6. Half Life 1 and 2
7. Metal Gear Solid 3
8. Metroid
9. God of War
10. Uncharted 2

That's all I can think of right now.

Rawra 6th Sep 2011 12:27 PM

Syberia 2. I literally shed a tear to that ending. It's my favourite game, along with Fahrenheit, which also had quite an impressive ending.