Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   Vampires in pets? (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=458567)

layla-mai 22nd Oct 2011 12:24 AM

Vampires in pets?

I've been playing this family for 3 sim weeks, my sim knows everyone (kept using testingcheatsenabled to make friends) and yet I haven't had a vampire.
I've put a bar in and I set the lot to a vampire spot or whatever it's called.

I'm sure when I had a quick mess on to test the game, I saw a vampire. Is there a way to get them to appear?

(I have Late Night installed)

NekuRokzU 22nd Oct 2011 1:27 AM

if you have thr Nrass Mastercontroller, you can simply convert a few people into vamps. using the occult setting.

coltraz 22nd Oct 2011 2:13 AM

Am I the only one thinking of Bunnicula right now?

jenieusa 22nd Oct 2011 2:26 AM

and too think i do everything to get rid of them....

koololdster 22nd Oct 2011 2:32 AM

I keep having Sims turn into Vampires. What's up with that???

coltraz 22nd Oct 2011 2:53 AM

I don't have Pets installed yet, but I've never actually seen a vampire in my custom neighbourhood, either. However, I know there is at least one around, as I've seen the "Hunted" moodlet appear on a playable. I don't know how common it is to come across them, but I had been running this town for a lot more than 3 Sim weeks before I finally did. 3 Sim weeks isn't all that long. You should keep waiting! It's more fun that way. Or, you could always download a Sim version of Sookie. That oughta bring some vampers out of the woodwork, surely.

maven2379 22nd Oct 2011 3:06 AM

I have seen several vampires around, there were none when I started. I have a sim who is a daycare worker in Appaloosa Plains, when the guy would first bring the kid he wasn't a vampire then suddenly one day I heard the "swoosh" noise they make when they are running quickly, and there he was a vampire. I don't really like vampires in my ordinary hoods, but they are everywhere I can't seem to get rid of them!

Axe Gaijin 22nd Oct 2011 10:16 AM

A whole bunch of people in Appaloosa Plains have already turned vampire or celebrity (or both) in my current game, so working as intented.. *sigh* this game just sucks without mods to get rid of anoying stuff like that.

Well that's one less I guess, apperently it's more important to play guitar and scold my Sim for raiding the fridge at your party where you serve no food, then it is to feed yourself.

Pepperbutt 22nd Oct 2011 3:30 PM

I've seen a few. None happened right away, but my sim had a bake sale, one day they were normal, they came back the next day with the red shadow around their icon in the relationship thing. I kinda wish you could like. Make less people vampires, percentage wise. They take over the whole thing. /:

layla-mai 22nd Oct 2011 4:14 PM

Thanks for the replies.
I've still not seen one... Weird.

I didn't realise the MasterController let you change that, so have done that now. Thanks!

Melba 1496 22nd Oct 2011 4:22 PM

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424796

This mod saved my sanity. I really dislike vampires....but I don't have pets yet.

layla-mai 22nd Oct 2011 4:29 PM

I love being a vampire on it lol, dunno why. Although I do think there are too many after a while of playing usually

edejan 1st Nov 2011 3:59 AM

I have only ever come across vampires when I play Bridgeport which I haven't for a long time. They never spawn in my other towns as far as I could tell.

Srikandi 1st Nov 2011 4:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by edejan
I have only ever come across vampires when I play Bridgeport which I haven't for a long time. They never spawn in my other towns as far as I could tell.

That's odd, edejan... they SHOULD, unless you have a mod preventing it.

I've had em in AP, and every other town I've played since LN was released.

Freja 1st Nov 2011 6:12 PM

I have problems with too many vampires. They spread like a plague.

Zokugai 1st Nov 2011 6:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Freja
I have problems with too many vampires. They spread like a plague.

Vampires spread faster than chickenpox in a preschool. There's a few mods on MTS that will (for instance) stop Story Progression from making vampires convert other vampires, so they won't turn unless you do it yourself. That should help you out.

edejan 2nd Nov 2011 11:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
That's odd, edejan... they SHOULD, unless you have a mod preventing it.

I've had em in AP, and every other town I've played since LN was released.

The only mods I have are AM and Twallans MC and story progression. I don't "think" those should impact vampires. Maybe they do. I can't make heads or tails of what story progression does (I know what it's supposed to do but I can't see any change in the game) so maybe I have something wrong checked.

meowcatmeowkitty 3rd Nov 2011 1:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by edejan
The only mods I have are AM and Twallans MC and story progression. I don't "think" those should impact vampires. Maybe they do. I can't make heads or tails of what story progression does (I know what it's supposed to do but I can't see any change in the game) so maybe I have something wrong checked.

Story progression does affect vampires and other supernaturals, it keeps them at a set percentage of the population. The default is 50, but that can be changed at the computer and the Town Hall, I think.

If you don't see any difference ingame using when Twallan's story progression, it's probably installed improperly. The first time you log in with it installed, it asks you about it. Unless you specially configured SP to not notify you about anything or switched it off in the world you're playing by accident, you should by default be getting several notifications. Is it in the correct folder? Do you have any CC that could conflict with it? Do you have CC installed via mods folder? Does any/all of it work probably?

Shimrod101 3rd Nov 2011 6:29 PM

The NRaas Story Prog mod does not allow the auto-vampire generation by default. Vampires can be immigrated into a hood by turning this on in the immigration options.

LittleBird64 6th Nov 2011 4:54 PM

I've had vampires show up in pretty much ALL of my neighborhoods. At first, I thought they were only in Bridgeport, so I actually saved a vampire family to the library and moved them into one of the other neighborhoods. But vampirism does spread like a nasty virus and before long, almost everyone in town is a vampire. So I decided to start a new game in Barnacle Bay with no vampires. It stayed vampire-free for quite awhile, until one day, a random vampire was spawned into the neighborhood. Next thing I know....all my sims friends were being turned into vampires and it went on from there.