Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 Where can I find...? (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=559)
-   -   Homeschool (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=354060)

missa405 9th Jul 2009 6:56 PM

Homeschool

I'm looking for a way to homeschool my sim kids. I remember in sims 2 there was the simlogical school mods that let you customize the school, be a teacher/principal etc. Is there anything like that out there yet? Also I would like to find some church items with custom interactions.

Canoodle 11th Jul 2009 4:32 AM

Not yet. The game is in it's infancy. It might be a long time before this things are available.

purpleshoes 5th Nov 2009 1:11 PM

Right now I'm playtesting the following solution: just go into the school lot and delete the school building. (There was also a way to just break the school in Sims 2, which was what I used - what can I say, my sims are unschoolers). This makes the schoolbus stop coming. You can't do school-type interactions at home, but they can still read skill books, paint, play chess, and so forth? I do not know yet how this affects how they grow up. I will report back, since this is the top search thread for "homeschool".

purpleshoes 5th Nov 2009 1:35 PM

After playtesting for a while

It looks like growing up with "no school in town" is the same as growing up when your grade is a C: a trait is randomly assigned "due to your indifferent study habits". So it might be necessary to use a cheat to remove any negative traits that show up. I am super-excited; now I can finish building my interstellar Sim spaceship without having to teleport the kids off every day!

twallan 9th Nov 2009 10:52 PM

The Careers Mod contains a home schooling career.

It is available via the link in my signature.

Cheers.

edejan 9th Nov 2009 11:28 PM

If I start a medieval hood and delete the school in that town will it affect any of my other saved games?

CamiKitti 7th Jan 2010 5:24 AM

There is one. Try simlogical.com and click on sims 2. go to insitution and try it.

syion 8th Jan 2010 11:44 PM

yes there is a mod for that get Twallan's career mod you can be home schooled and there are other school types and his super computer
http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?board=105.0

azanto 6th Aug 2010 3:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by twallan
The Careers Mod contains a home schooling career.

It is available via the link in my signature.

Cheers.

i downloaded the mod, and everything works fine EXCEPT the homeschool thing. the teens can go to ROTC etc and have focuses at school but not be homeschooled. any suggestions?

twallan 6th Aug 2010 7:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by azanto
any suggestions?

Homeschooling requires that you download and submit your homework via the computer. I gather you are doing so and it is still not working ?

If you have further issues, feel free to post in the appropriate thread at my hosting site.

Cheers.

azanto 6th Aug 2010 7:45 PM

Homeschooling requires that you download and submit your homework via the computer. I gather you are doing so and it is still not working ?

i actually can't have my teens register at the town hall. they can do other things though and they can register for unemployment.

azanto 6th Aug 2010 11:59 PM

If you have further issues, feel free to post in the appropriate thread at my hosting site.

Cheers.

sorry. i figured it out. i can enroll from the computer. great mod, btw!

Kaylea2013 1st Apr 2013 1:47 AM

I am having trouble getting my kid signed up for homeschool, can anyone help me?

allycat279 1st Aug 2013 12:10 AM

Kayla,

Twallan hasn't replied to you yet but, you can enroll your children for homeschooling if you have twallans career mod you can get it on the nrass website under careers and the school pack.

Chou,

~Allycat~

Kniga 10th Apr 2015 4:47 PM

I have StoryProgression, MC, too Carees and School. And it dont work ... I click on computer, nothing... I send my kid in townhall. NONE! please help I delete Cache files and restar my game too!

2 disagree but nothing help I reset storyprogression... I set on general/careers/school taht asing homeschooling true and I can not enroll homeschool for my sims kids

Luckk 10th Apr 2015 8:05 PM

You should head over to NRAAS since you are having problems. They can help you out better since that is where the mods are hosted.

Gecko_sis 6th May 2015 7:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by edejan
If I start a medieval hood and delete the school in that town will it affect any of my other saved games?

No it won't. You can also add the school back in and it won't effect anything.

insanemonkey2326 30th Jun 2015 11:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by edejan

no it wont