Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 Help (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551)
-   -   Game freezes while loading when there are mods. (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=393276)

mikomik0z 27th Feb 2010 3:12 AM

Game freezes while loading when there are mods.

My game crashes while loading when i put the mods in.
My game works completely fine when there are no mods&framework installed.
I install my framework( all the resource.cfg and stuff) through the framework installer tool on modthesims.

I have patched my game to the latest versions, including HELS.
All my mods are in the mods/packages folder in the uh.. installer-monkey-format.

I have also followed the instructions in the stickies,
one of them telling me to copy and paste the .dbc files from my documents to sims 3, but i don't have any .dbc files..
I have also deleted the cache files in my documents, game still freezes while loading.

Anybody knows what went wrong? ._.

I also tried moving half of my mods away, leaving only tshirts and hair, game still crashing when loading...

ellacharmed 27th Feb 2010 6:45 AM

You have to update your mods - they have to be compatible with your game version.
If after you've removed mods/hacks out and it crashed on having custom content, you have corrupted or broken content - use Delphy's Dashboard to find and fix.

mikomik0z 28th Feb 2010 12:54 AM

Got my mods working,
but my game freezes at pop-ups/alt-tabs.

I found out that the downloadable version of HELS freezes at alt-tabs.
Is that true? o:

If that is true, means i gotta wait for the next patch / till they fix the freeze..
right?

mikey 28th Feb 2010 2:10 AM

You can either wait for a fix and not use Alt-Tab and disable any popups from windows or Uninstall High End Loft Stuff ONLY and then reinstall High End Loft Stuff but don't install the patch which changes your game version from 3.0 to 3.1. It's actually the 3.1 patch that causes the problem.

I'm using 3.0 High End Loft Stuff (No Patch) and the Alt-Tab/popup problem is no issue.

ellacharmed 28th Feb 2010 6:15 AM

werismyki, same qn I asked in the other thread:
You can run BG-1.10/WA-2.5/HEL-3.0? And no base game not compatible error message?

mikey 28th Feb 2010 3:39 PM

I have 1.10/2.5/3.0 and run the game without any error messages. Not sure which message you are referring to. I know the 3.1 patch was supposed to fix a couple of minor issues with HELS, but I have yet to run into those as well.

With the HELS installation and no patch fix, I can run the game and use Alt-Tab or the Windows key without issue, freezing, or error messages if that's what you are asking.

ellacharmed 28th Feb 2010 5:59 PM

Yep, that's what I wanted confirmed!
Thanks, werismyki.

I suppose it is because 3.1 is for a stuff pack.
If I run mismatched games on different patch versions eg: 1.8/2.4 or 1.10/2.4, or any other combinations that are on different patch levels, I get a "base game not compatible with the expansion, please update" sort of error.