Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 2 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Anyone still play Sims 1? (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=428940)

WooHoo31 23rd Dec 2010 4:34 AM

Anyone still play Sims 1?

I've never played it for PC before, but I think it looks really fun despite the graphics, that I think I'm going to buy the Complete Collection online somewhere.

So, anyone still play The Sims 1? Sorry if this thread isn't appropriate for this board, but there's no Sims 1 board...

somethingelse 23rd Dec 2010 5:22 AM

i let my son play it. he LOVES killing off sims and making HUGE graveyards.

i should look into which ones he should leave alone so it wont kill his game

lazzybum 23rd Dec 2010 7:24 AM

I made a thread a while ago with almost the same title, except the words arent in the same order xP

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=416844

I have it on my computer and I play sometimes when im realllyyy bored. But I dont like how it changes my monitor setting to 16bit after it play it in window mode

simsamu 23rd Dec 2010 8:39 AM

My niece plays it constantly her dad wont let her have sims 2 or 3 as she is only seven. Even in the sims 1 there are deaths a plenty and every child gets taken by the social worker, she still loves it. She is allowed to play sims 2 when she is here with me as long as she is chaparoned but she did tell me she prefers sims 1 I think what she prefers is me not sitting behind her forcing her to look after them.

jrhk72 23rd Dec 2010 9:11 AM

I stopped playing it for a bit but still have it installed on my USB drive for use when I get the urge! I absolutely love Magic Town!!! And the rabbit holes you use to get there. I have all but the "Superstar" expansion. It just didn't call to me. I've got like 3 discs of CC as well. And there are many objects for the aging thing. One, I think it's an end table, you can change the age of a sim, change them into a pet, or visa-versa! Fun to do when they're being annoying!!!

PolterGeist44 23rd Dec 2010 10:37 AM

I had it installed but later uninstalled it. Oh, I remember how Sims 1 was loaded with custom content on my old computer and my brother got the SimSlice stuff for it. I had an ultimate cheating object, it was some sort of brass decorative object which gave you magic money and such stuff. All expansion packs are currently just sitting at my desk, though.

Maranatah 23rd Dec 2010 10:56 AM

I have the complete collection installed and I still play it now and then. After all, it's a legend

LuvNstuff 23rd Dec 2010 8:47 PM

Yes, I play it consistently. However I do get scared by the occasional danger themes. It's why I always keep my Sims on vacation
Though I love the music.

el_flel 23rd Dec 2010 9:25 PM

I have the Complete Collection. It's still fun (and brings with it a sense of nostalgia) but so much harder to keep them happy compared to the later versions!

You should give it a try, you can get it pretty cheap now.

ruairidempsey 23rd Dec 2010 10:12 PM

I still play, and its brilliant! But it will get boring once you get too rich, which happens alot

la_mamba_negra 24th Dec 2010 12:26 AM

The first time I played was when I got the Sims 1 while trying to get the Sims 2 "legally", but i ended up getting the Sims 1 (the internet's way of telling me "no illegal Sims 2 for you"). Regardless, I loved it a lot! It was fun and reminded me of playing dolls online. Ever since then I have been a Sims junkie, although I do miss the Sims 1 *sigh*

karrie85 24th Dec 2010 1:46 AM

I never played The Sims for computer before. I was started out in the sim world through The Sims for x-box. I was a tween at the time and my sister and I went to a move and game rental place and we rented it because it looked really neat. I absolutely fell in love with it. When Sims Bustin out came out I fell in love with that one too. I played those games for HOURS. However, I was extremely disapointed when The Sims 2 came out for game systems and there was no option to have children. It really took way for the game. Finally, my boss gave me her copy of double deluxe like 2 years ago because she never had time to play it and ever since then I've been hooked on the sims 2 for computer.

I purchased The Sims for gamecube like a year ago though at a game store that sells really cheap used games and still have a load of fun with it. The Goth family in that game is the funnest to play! Of course.. now that I have a computer and the Sims 2 I could always recreate the Goth family the way it was in that game and play it. That way I don't have to dig out the gamecube (though I could probably play it in the wii). LOL

koololdster 24th Dec 2010 2:36 AM

Funny Sims 1

I just reinstalled it and started playing families. The humor in the Sims 1 is lacking in both the Sims 2 & Sims 3.
I love the messages the Sims get when they call someone late at night and the kooky messages that happen when they recieve a phone call.
It is harder to get your Sims to fall in love and harder to make them happy, but the simplicity of it is a treat.

Fancy Pants 24th Dec 2010 2:56 AM

My dad sent me my old Sims 1 disks in the mail with my Christmas gift today, I plan on loading it up and taking a trip down nostalgia lane. It's exciting times, let me tell you.

I miss phone messages. : ( I was so dissapointed to find they didn't continue that in the next two games.

I remembe really loving the music that went with it. Sims 2/3 music simply can't compare! I do like how they have Simlish renditions of popular music on the in-game radio though, that was cool beans.

Overall, I have fond memories of the Sims 1. It was so quirky, and so were parts of the 2nd (anyone remember Strangetown? Heck yes!) But I feel like it's getting less and less so as the game progresses and the audience demographic grows. Blah.

Fancy Pants 24th Dec 2010 3:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by simsamu
My niece plays it constantly her dad wont let her have sims 2 or 3 as she is only seven. Even in the sims 1 there are deaths a plenty and every child gets taken by the social worker, she still loves it. She is allowed to play sims 2 when she is here with me as long as she is chaparoned but she did tell me she prefers sims 1 I think what she prefers is me not sitting behind her forcing her to look after them.

Sims 3 is a better game for your little bit to move up to next than Sims 2. In Sims 3, the sims will wave around with pictures of what they need if their needs drop too low- it's a very easy game to follow.

Also, it's not raunchy or morbid at all. The sims are pretty hard to kill off, even when you don't take care of them (also, there's a cheat to keep their needs high, so you can just turn them loose without worry.) I'd judge it okay for a seven or eight year old to play, for sure. Take it for a test spin yourself sometime.

PS - She'd probably turn out okay even if you let her play Sims 2/3 without supervision. Don't sweat the small stuff, clearly you're a good parent raising a good kid.

simsamu 24th Dec 2010 8:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PinkGraffiti
Sims 3 is a better game for your little bit to move up to next than Sims 2.
PS - She'd probably turn out okay even if you let her play Sims 2/3 without supervision. Don't sweat the small stuff, clearly you're a good parent raising a good kid.

Thanks very much for your advice it's much appreciated. x

Lance 24th Dec 2010 8:35 AM

I think The Sims 3 was rated "T" for a reason, so you are not supposed to let 7-years old play it without supervision.

karrie85 24th Dec 2010 9:03 AM

Personally, I think ratings and the such are up to parents. The rating is simply just a warning.. I'm pretty sure it's not a law. Trust me, there are more horrible and corrupting PG things out there than in any of the sims games. Also I think sims give a chance for kids to learn responsibility. I'd rather have my kids taking care of family's and focusing on careers than out playing in the street, or watching wrestling or something.. lol

lazzybum 24th Dec 2010 9:03 AM

I find Sims 3 require more learning since its more complicated, so I wouldnt recommend it for a 7 year old. Especially how much text there is to read with opportunities, how to manage jobs like in Ambitions, etc. Plus the fact that Late Night added very revealing lingerie that even I was like "woah... ew..", and even dancing on tables, giving your simmies bigger boobs, etc...

Lance 24th Dec 2010 9:11 AM

karrie85, we are not talking of what other PG-rated games contain. We are talking of PG-games are rated PG because until 12 a child is not supposed to play it alone. And that's not a law, that's common sense.
PS And I was watching wrestling when I was a kid. With my father. That was fun!

karrie85 24th Dec 2010 11:32 AM

LOL Lance I watched wrestling when I was a kid too. I was just saying, there are worse things out there then a virtual life game.

simsamu 24th Dec 2010 12:31 PM

Wow didn't mean to start a debate everyone so sorry for hijacking the thread. I really appreciate everyones comments and concern for the well-being of my neice. You needn't worry though she is a beautiful, clever well balanced child who is adored and anything she does on the pc is monitored and all games vetted before hand. Kids grow up so fast these days, the age of innocence seems to be diminishing at an alarming rate nevertheless we try to protect her as much as is sane to do so and I think the woohoo and some of the more risque wants and animations are just inappropriate for her age so she will need to content herself with sims 1 for a few years yet.

Nissun 24th Dec 2010 12:50 PM

I installed it on my netbook computer. I had to borrow my brother's external DVD reader. I only use the netbook for internet browsing, but decided to install some old games for those moments without an internet conection.

I've only installed livin largue, house party, and hot date so far, though I have ALL of them. Awww, yeah. And the earliest editions, too. The "House Party" cover still has the pictures of sims, not the silhouettes one they released later.

lizard49 24th Dec 2010 5:21 PM

I still have Sims 1 installed on my machine. I have all the expansions & tons of custom content. Haven't played it for about a year, but I just can't bring myself to delete it!