Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 4 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=669)
-   -   Lifespan in the Sims 4? (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=534128)

xBabyKingx 12th Sep 2014 11:01 AM

Lifespan in the Sims 4?

I still don't have the game my self so I'm just curious, how long is the lifespan in the game?
Is it adjustable like in TS3? I've heard that the kids life stage is quite long (13 days?) so how long are the others?

nightspore 12th Sep 2014 11:48 AM

Semi-adjustable - there are three settings: short, normal, long

Baby 3 days
Child 13 days
Teen 13 days
YA 20 days
Adult 20 days
Elder variable

Long lifespan multiples each of the above by 4 (too long IMHO, should be more like 2x, although you can switch between long and normal to approximate this)

xBabyKingx 12th Sep 2014 11:57 AM

Alright, thanks :p

nightspore 12th Sep 2014 11:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by xBabyKingx
Are the one's listed above from the short one? Or from the normal? Kids' and teens' spans are okay but adult is kinda short. And yes 20x4 is too long for sure!

oops - meant to specify that - they're the normal ones; never even checked to see what the short ones were.

xBabyKingx 12th Sep 2014 12:02 PM

So basically, if my sims have a kid on the first few days of the adult lifestage they will probably not be around anymore to see their grandchildren... well I hope we can come up with mods to help out.

emino 12th Sep 2014 1:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by nightspore
Semi-adjustable - there are three settings: short, normal, long

Baby 3 days
Child 13 days
Teen 13 days
YA 20 days
Adult 20 days
Elder variable

Long lifespan multiples each of the above by 4 (too long IMHO, should be more like 2x, although you can switch between long and normal to approximate this)

It is too long if you only play a single family. Like me I like to play three main family, and rotate them every few days. And the long one works perfectly.

china_doll13 13th Sep 2014 5:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by xBabyKingx
So basically, if my sims have a kid on the first few days of the adult lifestage they will probably not be around anymore to see their grandchildren... well I hope we can come up with mods to help out.

You can also age up child through adult with a birthday cake if you get bored. Not sure about baby (have only adopted) or elder, which I was not able to "age" into death. Had to wait and see with elders. They seem to die pretty quickly on normal age length though...

AngelFrouk 13th Sep 2014 7:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by china_doll13
You can also age up child through adult with a birthday cake if you get bored. Not sure about baby (have only adopted) or elder, which I was not able to "age" into death. Had to wait and see with elders. They seem to die pretty quickly on normal age length though...

The crib has an opion to age the baby up from the minute it is born.
For elders, there's a cheat you can use to kill them off...