Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 Help (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551)
-   -   Social worker never came - Can't edit town (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=475460)

BubbelsDarling 3rd May 2012 6:36 PM

Social worker never came - Can't edit town

Ok so basically a while ago i fired my maid because she was eating soup instead of working, and then after a while I realised they never sent a replacement even when I cancelled it and ordered it again, but I ignored it...

Later I decided to get rid of my dog and put it up for adoption, but the social worker never came and I am trying to move my sims to another neighbourhood, but whenever I go to edit town I am told 'You cannot enter edit town while a social worker is removing a pet' and I've tried getting the master controller and debugger to get rid of the dog and everything I try - even killing it using master controller, I still can't go onto edit town and it's driving me crazy, someone please help

Nysha 3rd May 2012 6:40 PM

Have you tried using MasterController's reset lot or reset everything features?

BubbelsDarling 3rd May 2012 6:44 PM

I used reset lot multiple times and it didn't do anything - but where is reset everything?

Belzader 4th May 2012 5:53 AM

City Hall (Nraas\MasterController\Town)

BubbelsDarling 4th May 2012 4:56 PM

ahhh I fixed it, kinda... :S

I somehow used mastercontroller to switch families and then went to edit town and used the debugger to move them then switched back to the family's house and they moved to the clipboard thing and then merged them with another household and got rid of the dog and got my sims boyfriend, so now i'm finally moving to another neighborhood :D

AlbaFlores 15th May 2012 7:44 PM

Hey guys! I have the same problem - but I even don't know how to reset a lot or reset everything. It would be great if you gave me detailed instructions on how to solve my problem. Thank you very very much!

Nysha 15th May 2012 8:10 PM

Download MasterController frrom nraas.wikispaces.com, then follow Belzader's instructions - click city hall, click NRaas and so on.

Main_Sims 3rd Jul 2012 8:38 PM

I fixed it!!!

I was having trouble with this same problem! I tried to put up some puppies for adoption but the social worker never came. I wasn'table to edit my town either. I installed the Master Controller mod, and did city hall/nrass/master controller/town/total annihilation/service NPC/all option. It "unstuck" the social worker and everything's back to normal!

anniedancingprincess 16th Jul 2012 10:01 PM

I was having the same problem and it took me a few real days to notice it. I have to female sims who are married and wanted their first child so I adopted one for them. She was delivered and then I moved the family to a different house. Then they wanted another baby. That's when it all went downhill. The maid stopped coming, things were breaking and the repairman never came. I finally noticed when they wanted to go to France and I couldn't even select travel. So I tried what everyone said to do. I got the mastercontroller and tried annihilating all NPCs. Didn't change anything. Then I used the mastercontroller to switch households. It got me into edit town. I evicted the problem family and then placed them in the exact same house. Mistake. Got the problem again. I guess I'll move them into a new neighborhood...ugh

bross2 15th Jan 2017 1:48 AM

I made an account just to reply to this. I was so distraught after this happened to me. I adopted a horse then decided against it and after receiving it, put it up for adoption. The horse was taken away but then my game glitched to where I couldn't edit the town or move. I don't use mods so I was very worried. However, I exited the game, then started again but this time under the start up menu, started without the Pets expansion installed. In game, I was then able to move. Instead of moving though, I just created a new lot and moved my entire house to it. I exited the game again and then rechecked the Pets expansion. The problem is fixed! I can now edit the town and move and nothing important changed or was compromised - my Sim daughter had the equestrian trait which has now been replaced by schmoozer and any furniture I had that was from the pets expansion was replaced but these are small fixes. My house is now across the street from before but that's okay too compared to when I thought I was going to lose my whole game haha! I imagine if you have other pets in your game that you don't want to lose then this option might not be ideal as it might make you lose your pets. Any pets that were in my game now no longer exist, including the gravestone of a dog my family had. But again, small compromise to me to fix such a big glitch, luckily I didn't have any active pets. Good luck, everyone!