Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 10:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The Sims 2 Crashing
my game used to crash but it was very rare
now my game constantly crashes with one specific life I moved her out of her old house the crashing took longer to happen in the new house I also timed the crash my game lasted 3 minutes and 38 seconds but than it crashed :/
I deleted inteen but it didn't do anything

Thanks for reading everyone
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 10:33 PM
Crashing also happened in my other save :/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 10:46 PM
Did you delete your cache files?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Did you delete your cache files?

* ty for the response ♡♡♡ *

my groups.cache folder is read only so I'm able to clean it out
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 3:21 AM
This is the Accessory.cache, Groups.cache along with also the files made by Body Shop- cigen and content registry found inside the Sims 2 folder under Documents. There is no groups.cache folder as such.

If the crashing is confined to one particular sim sorry but she may be corrupted. I would run Hood Checker and select remove to see what it can mop up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 4:45 AM
Maybe there is some cc on the sim - hair, clothes? I had some crashing with a couple of outfits over the years.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 5:10 AM
Corrupted content will cause crashing although I would expect it to crash either on trying to load the lot or as soon as it loaded or when you click on the sim/tell her to do something and she moves not after 3 1/2 minutes-but who knows. The time that I had a corrupted clothing file I could not open elder male in CAS or in BodyShop either, it would crash as soon as I tried. A piece of corrupted cc would be preferable than a corrupted sim. Then you just have to delete the content.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 5:48 AM
Perhaps a 50/50 will be a good start.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
This is the Accessory.cache, Groups.cache along with also the files made by Body Shop- cigen and content registry found inside the Sims 2 folder under Documents. There is no groups.cache folder as such.

If the crashing is confined to one particular sim sorry but she may be corrupted. I would run Hood Checker and select remove to see what it can mop up.

I used HoodCheccker and http://thumbs.modthesims2.com/img/5...48-5Results.JPG << this showed up when it was done ?
What do I do next ?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 9:04 PM
You didn't delete sims/graves or move an occupied lot (sims/graves) to the bin at all did you? You need to use the remove function on Hood Checker.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:58 PM
You didn't delete sims/graves or move an occupied lot (sims/graves) to the bin at all did you? You need to use the remove function on Hood Checker.

Thank you ! I played Pleasentview for about 30 minutes straight ! The problem must only be in Desire Valley :/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 9:40 PM
Could be your hood is corrupted.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 11:19 PM
Could be your hood is corrupted.

Oh no (
Thanks alot for your help everyone
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 11:38 PM
Have you tried Desire Valley since using Hood Checker?

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 1:34 PM
Have you tried Desire Valley since using Hood Checker?

I'll try it out again ty
Mad Poster
#16 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 7:16 PM
I've also had random crashing problems recently. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with CC because I haven't added anything recently that could cause that now. According to the logs, the exception is either due to:

"Exception module: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll.
Exception address: 0x768808b2. Section:Offset: 0x01:0x000ff8b2."

Or, it's something else referring to the executable:

"Exception module: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe.
Exception address: 0x00418929. Section:Offset: 0x01:0x00017929."

No idea what any of these errors could be referring to. I don't have the UC and am running on Windows 10. I deleted caches to see if that's would fix it, but it didn't work. It doesn't just happen in one neighborhood. It's the entire game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 8:59 PM
MMAA Maybe try grabbing that file off your disk and replacing it.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 11:05 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 4th Dec 2017 at 8:54 PM.
MMAA Maybe try grabbing that file off your disk and replacing it.

I ended up reinstalling M&G, so we'll see how that works out. Thanks!

ETA: Still crashes, but not as frequent as before. Yet for the same reasons/exceptions above...

ETA2: It seems as though Jessa's method here: http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...2&topic=21931.0 has fixed the crashing issue, so perhaps the OP could try it out...