Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 1:35 AM Last edited by Jathom95 : 15th Jun 2018 at 2:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mister Simmy
Sunset Valley is classic.

Y'know, a post on the first page made me think of how a lot of people don't really like SV and wonder why others do. I think it's really because despite being somewhat ugly and plain by default, it still encapsulates that feeling of small town charm and sense of community perfectly. Quaint is a good way to describe it. Yes, everyone in town needs a makeover and every house needs to be flipped, but it still has its charm nonetheless.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Y'know, a post on the first page made me think of how a lot of people don't really like SV and wonder why others do. I think it's really because despite being somewhat ugly and plakn by default, it still encapsulates that feeling of small town charm and sense of community perfectly. Quaint is a good way to describe it. Yes, everyone in town needs a makeover and every house needs to be flipped, but it still has its charm nonetheless.

I know, it does. It's nice and quaint. The reason I couldn't download riverview at first was because I use google chrome. It worked on Microsoft Edge. I'm playing reverview right now. It's great.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 1:12 PM
Sunset Valley holds nostalgia for me, it's where I learned the ropes. Played in Cottonwood Hills for a while as well, which is a charming SV remake. Moonlight Falls, apparently a favourite in this topic, is the one I've spent the most hours in by far; it's unique enough and ran smoothly for quite a while on my not-too-beefy rig. Also, it's one where placing diving lots worked out well.
I adore Sunlit Tides, which my sims only moved to this week, but I can already tell it's going to be marvellous.
Isola by Rflong is another favourite that can even be modified to hold a small town if you get tired of just being stranded.
Devil's Port - love the concept, never ran well on my PC... but then neither does Bridgeport. Still, looks gorgeous.
Honourable mentions would have to be Lucky Palms and Enekjaer. Love them both, but somehow didn't stick around for too long.

omnis mundi creatura
Mad Poster
#29 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 1:35 AM
I love to play mostly in custom worlds for multi-generational legacies like Gibsons,Winfield,Oak Leaf,Glenvale County,Evermore Falls blank,Deery Meadows lite,Storybrook County lite,Sunset Valley2,Beach City and Logan which is in testing and just about ready for live play.I love the blank worlds the best for playing in as I've never had any trouble with them and adding lots hasn't been any problem for me.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 7:36 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:35 AM. Reason: lakme, who had been a Space Pony, isn't any more.
Sunset Valley is where I live. The only other place I play is Heaven's Peak of Fentonparkninja. Those places are enough for me & I haven't used them up.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 7:45 PM
I usually like custom worlds the best (Auberon, St. Claire, Reyes County, to name a few). My favorite EA worlds are Roaring Heights, Monte Vista, Isla Paradiso, Hidden Springs, and Lucky Palms.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 4:58 AM
Sunset Valley is first, because I like the fifties Americana feel. Lucky Palms is next because of the desert setting, and then for "rural' plays I like...eh, the one with the lake and the swamps. I do have a Bridgeport save, but manalive those elevators and subways get old.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:38 AM
If we are sticking to EA Worlds only, I would say either Bridgeport or Isla Paradiso (Is that spelled right?)

If we are able to go a bit off from base worlds, Alpine County! I love the mix of city and rural areas. I am using this same idea in a custom world of mine. Well, all of them actually.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bobgrey1997
If we are sticking to EA Worlds only, I would say either Bridgeport or Isla Paradiso (Is that spelled right?)

Wait, you can get Isla Paradiso to run without pausing every few minutes?
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 5:00 AM
Kinda.

I did find a way to make the game run smoother. All custom content, and even some store content, can be extracted from their Sims3Pack file into individual .package files and then merged into larger package files. For example, until recently, I had almost 700 GB of content squished into only 10 package files. This gave me a solid 45-60 FPS almost all the time!

My trick with Isla Paradiso is to live on a boat out at sea and ignore the rest of reality!
It seemed to work for me.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#36 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 8:22 AM
Same here. IP doesn't run as smoothly as other worlds but it is more than just playable for me with all EPs, most SPs and some 2 GB of Store content. I did make a few changes like closing some of the problematic ports and fixing some lots, use ellacharmed's fixed version (although without much noticeable change) and play with story progression and aging off. I also learned my lesson that in this world every additional Sim you add to the existing population does have an impact on performance so I didn't add that many.

First game lasted some 70 weeks, second game I quit after some 60, and the third is now in week 20 or so. Only the first one is really broken - it didn't survive the jump from the IP to the ITF patch; the second I merely abandoned because I didn't like what I had done there over the weeks anymore.

Isla Paradiso is probably the only world where I still forget how much time I spend in it.
Theorist
#37 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:54 AM
Kinda.

I had almost 700 GB of content

What?!? You mean 700 MB right?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
What?!? You mean 700 MB right?

No. I have a 1TB Harddrive, and it was almost full: 3/4 was Sims 3 and all it's content (including mods), then there was system files, and other miscellaneous stuff.
Is 700GB of Sims a sign of obsession, hardcore gamer, or extreme fan, or all?
Theorist
#39 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:47 AM
I dunno but I’m sure it’s a record!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#40 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 12:24 PM
Yeah I haven't gotten quite that far. I have a couple of terabytes in video recordings and probably 100 gigs of screenshots too, but I'm not sure those count. All my game docs and installs barely add up to 100 gigs.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#41 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 2:25 PM
I have loaded up 3 again and didn't want to use any EA world. I installed my own Stranda and will use Castle Island if I need other lots.
dodgy builder
#42 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Yeah I haven't gotten quite that far. I have a couple of terabytes in video recordings and probably 100 gigs of screenshots too, but I'm not sure those count. All my game docs and installs barely add up to 100 gigs.

Video recordings are extremely heavy. I just have to delete them when it's uploaded.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I have loaded up 3 again and didn't want to use any EA world.

Can't say I blame you. I too get rather bored of EA worlds. As someone who designs entire cities when bored, I quickly realized that EA seems to not be able to build one with a normal layout or density. This is why I am currently playing Alpine County. It managed to get the layout and density correct while still not using too many lots.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
...video recordings and probably 100 gigs of screenshots too, but I'm not sure those count...
I only know that every time my 1 Tb system drive looks to be getting full, what I have to pull off & archive are the screenshots. I've done that maybe once a year while I've had TS3.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:05 PM
I play Sunset Valley madeover by me.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
I only know that every time my 1 Tb system drive looks to be getting full, what I have to pull off & archive are the screenshots. I've done that maybe once a year while I've had TS3.

I'm luckily now at a point where screenshots are such a small relative portion of my data that sorting them out and deleting them isn't worth the effort anymore. If I need disk space, I can either manually and tediously sort through 5 years of screenshots, or just find a single video file and delete it. Better yet, I'll just delete a game I haven't played in several months and get 50 gigs back instantaneously.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#47 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 9:41 AM
Can't say I blame you. I too get rather bored of EA worlds. As someone who designs entire cities when bored, I quickly realized that EA seems to not be able to build one with a normal layout or density. This is why I am currently playing Alpine County. It managed to get the layout and density correct while still not using too many lots.

Yes, caw is great for people who enjoy making their own things.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:29 PM
Even after playing this many years, I still avoid using CC and stick with the EA worlds for my games. I've found that when it comes to legacies a world either works or it doesn't. I've had multiple failed games where I lost interest sooner rather than later in Riverview, Bridgeport, Appaloosa Plains (those ones were so boring I didn't think twice about the world when I uninstalled Pets), and Moonlight Falls. But I've had multiple successes with Sunset Valley, Twinbrook and Lucky Palms, so those are my go-to worlds. I'm thinking of giving Moonlight Falls another go soon, though. Most of the other store worlds fall somewhere in between.
Test Subject
#49 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:26 PM
1) Bridgeport
2) Twinbrook
3) Oasis Landing
4) Univercity World
5) Moonlight Falls
Test Subject
#50 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 5:50 PM
My most played is Appaloosa Plains, I also have played Riverview a lot. My least favorite is Bridgeport. I bought and only played once Midnight Hollow, I just didn't like it.
Page 2 of 2