Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on 17th Oct 2018 at 7:25 PM
Replies: 308 (Who?), Viewed: 237972 times.
Page 13 of 13
Field Researcher
#301 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Sonshine : 19th Sep 2018 at 8:28 PM.
If sims cannot travel off of the island, what do you do for school for children? A homeschool mod like nraas? Otherwise the sw comes and takes the kids away if they don't go to school.

Edit: Also, it is a known fact that the "town" (in this case the island) becomes broken when a sim travels to a foreign land. If there is no city hall to engage nraas debug enabler to fix the town, what do you do?
Field Researcher
#302 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 4:12 PM
I took my sim to Sunlit Tides to find a husband. She settled on one of the "beach bums" guys (Suzuki Hinata) and got him up to boyfriend status before he had to go to work and she had to go back home. She called him a couple of times and then invited him over on his day off. She invited him to move in and he brought in a bit over $2k. They will be starting their family soon ad I will find out what happens to kids when there is no school available. If all else fails, I will use nraas homeschool mod.
Forum Resident
#303 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 7:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonshine
If sims cannot travel off of the island, what do you do for school for children? A homeschool mod like nraas? Otherwise the sw comes and takes the kids away if they don't go to school.

Edit: Also, it is a known fact that the "town" (in this case the island) becomes broken when a sim travels to a foreign land. If there is no city hall to engage nraas debug enabler to fix the town, what do you do?

I just temporary place one of the rabbithole rugs (city hall) or keep them under roof/in inaccesible cellar for convenience.

Fox-Lambert (A)RL
hiatus 'till the life run again in the normal-abnormal way
favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
#304 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 5:24 AM
My couple's child finally grew up into a child and I got my answer. I'm not sure if it's b/c there is no school or anything in this world or (most likely) b/c I turned the sw off in Register under service, (child abuse sw-false, and 0'd out all valid ages. I saved the game just in case, but no school and no sw.
Field Researcher
#305 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 5:25 AM
I'm not sure if the OP comes around anymore, but I had to add a deathfish spawner. There was none around the houseboat.
Field Researcher
#306 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 7:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonshine
I'm not sure if it's b/c there is no school or anything in this world or (most likely) b/c I turned the sw off in Register under service, (child abuse sw-false, and 0'd out all valid ages. I saved the game just in case, but no school and no sw.

I just tested this out in a new game w/o using Register. There were no animals, but I did get notices of "missing" animals. My lot had LOTS of visitors/tourists who came everyday and hung around even after I sold off the portal. The child has no school b/c there is no school in that world and therefore no sw either. I also I took her outside the lot borders to fish for a while well after curfew and no notices. I'm not sure on the last one b/c in my real game, the child did get a notice that he was out after curfew. I 0'd out all police interactions in that game so I'm not sure what would have happened otherwise.
Field Researcher
#307 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 5:06 AM
Just an update on my challenge. First of all, I made this a little more realistic by having no electricity. They eat fish a produce that they catch or grow roasted at the fire pit. Part of my story line is that there is a magic portal that they can travel through for a very limited number of times. Natalie (neurotic, dramatic, bookworm, gatherer, and angler) and Suzuki's (flirty, loves outdoors, great kisser, athletic, and mooch) son, Newell (clumsy, excitable, eccentric, and athletic so far) is now almost a YA. Their house boat is now the basement, ground level, and 2 stories above that. The basement is their bedroom and the single bathroom, the ground level is Newell's bedroom and the nursery and some planters, the next level has the chemistry set, a martial arts training dummy, and many more planters, the next level up (the roof) has the fire pit, more planters, a science station, board breaker, the helm, and a chest to keep the perfect fish and crops. For the computer, I d/led an "old typewriter" which I use for m apocalypse challenges. Natalie earned money at first by writing sports books. Her ltw was to earn $4k in royalties. Suzuki's ltw (which I changed b/c there was no way he could have become an all star athlete, lol) the perfect garden and Newell's ltw is the perfect aquarium. Both Suzuki and Newell are almost there. Natalie and Suzuki are now elders. So far, their household funds are almost $261k. I have them in the celeb system and they keep getting really nice gifts which I sell. I plan on having one of Newell's kids "discover" electricity and have a solar panel. Unfortunately, I do not have the EA items like that so it will have to be fictitious. It would be sooooo nice if EA brought those items back again. I think I'll wait to start Newell's family until after Natalie and Suzuki are passed on. Then he and his wife (probably the IF that has been w/him his entire life which I will have him turn real ) will move to the basement and his kid will have his old bedroom. Here are some pics: I'll also probably consolidate all of the planters into one room.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#308 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 12:11 AM Last edited by Sonshine : 29th Sep 2018 at 3:08 AM.
Update: Suzuki died leaving only a small tombstone. Before he died though, he mastered martial arts and in breaking space rock blocks, got a tiberium! This family will have millions by the time the 5th gen comes along, LOL Newell married his IF whom he made real. They will be expecting a child soon. When Natalie dies, she should have a med sized tombstone unless I can get her up to 150k+. Newell and Lily (the IF) will be expecting their first child soon. Lily has dark purple hair so we'll see how far that goes.

ETA: He died just before realizing his ltw. I have the elderhood set to very short, 8 days. The family now has a bit over a mil simoleons and I'l just quit on that one. They don't need anymore, lol. I had Newell's wife study and research science and had her "discover" electricity.
Field Researcher
#309 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 5:04 AM
Update: Natalie died leaving a nice large tombstone and Newell and Lily are just a hair from being elder now. Their son Ranon is just a hair from being a teen and daughter Laurinda is a child now. I'll probably make Ranon the heir so I can get on w/the 4th gen sooner. I added another floor to their houseboat which is pretty much dedicated to their plants which are in planters. When it's time for Newell and Lily to pass on, they will both have a nice big tombstone. They're still on the celeb list and so still get gifts and sometimes deep discounts at the shops when they're allowed to travel. I do place a "city hall" rabbit hole rug down when they get back from traveling to fix the broken world. Any time any sim travels to any of the WA worlds and then comes back, the world is broken. This is bad programming on EA's part.
Page 13 of 13