Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 5:18 AM
Default EAxis Craftables that are NOT Custom Content
I want access to craftables (flower arrangements, caught fish, magical items, robots, etc) from various EPs, but importantly, I want them to show up as EAxis content, NOT CC. As an example, this upload by Ponderosa has most of the things I'm talking about, all EAxis content, but they show up as CC when I run a lot containing them through the upload wizard. On the flipside, this upload by Sophie-David has the various career and aspiration rewards, again all EAxis content, and they do NOT show up as CC in the upload wizard.

Anywhere I could find these items?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 9:43 AM
If you open up some of the files in SimPE, you'll see that Ponderosa has made a full clone of the items, so they are actually custom objects. Sophie-David has just extracted the OBJD resource from each item and modded it so that they show up in the catalog, still referencing the mesh and textures and properties of the original item.

That's why one shows up as CC, but the other does not.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 10:53 AM
Don't worry about it Zar. Untick them in Clean Installer and they will still show up. I've done that a few times now. Also, there are lots more over at sims2 artists. I have fish, fishing boot (Just used it in a pile of rubbish along with your chest of draw box idea ) plaques, date flowers and other bits and pieces. I can't use that grocery basket though, it stops sims being able to put away bought groceries.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 10:07 PM
Jo, do you mean I'd be able to upload lots that include these objects and still have the file be CC-free? That's what I'm really concerned about...

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 10:52 PM
Lunie I have all of yours. Hmm someone else must have done robots and fish them. I used the fish up on the wall of my fish shop. The robots I have not actually used and have no idea if I ever will, but I just grabbed everything anyway. I use the pottery and flowers all the time.

Yes, @Zarathustra Untick the items in CI and the game simply draws on itself and the items will still be there when people download it. I did that with this lot and the cake slices. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=525589 However this new computer I moved all the things to the install files and nothing is showing with the star, so that's another option.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 6:56 AM
@HugeLunatic Thanks for those, I use them a lot! But, the Hobby Plaques don't seem to be in the box folder linked. Unless they are named differently?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 2:13 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 5:30 AM
Good to know, I'll have to play around with that! Is there a tutorial out there anywhere for what Sophie-David did for her upload though- it seems like in some cases it might just be easier to create the access I need (one of my ideas would kind of call for actually being able to place ash piles, litter, and fallen leaves on an unoccupied lot, and that kind of 'rubbish' doesn't seem to get much love from the community (no real surprise there!)

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 6:54 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 16th Sep 2018 at 7:17 AM.
I have weeds and a buyable leaves, I need to check and see if these will work the same as the cake slice, tick off CI, install in a fresh sims 2 folder. I don't have an ash pile, that would be handy.
I believe a few other things will go across such as extra slot placements and the corner kitchen appliance mod. So CC free lot with those things still enabled without the downloader needed the mod.

I think a proper test is needed though, from one game to another without the mods or items in the download or install files. I can do up a lot with the buyable weeds and leaf pile, table slot and an item on the counter corner for you to check in your own game if you like.

The litter piles that I had some years ago unfortunately worked like a real pile and quickly spawned roaches so I stopped using that and now use a buyable cc one.

Edit: I have done you up a testing lot, make sure you have an empty download folder and no files for those items in your installation files. I put them on a 1 by 1. Also in case you weren't aware those tiny odd size lots that you can download from here, the Sunny Side lots are all cc free.

I will pm you a simfile share link. Here is a picture so you can compare it to what you get. Isn't it glamorous?
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 4:21 PM
Haha, very stylish!

Putting it into my game, the leaves and weeds showed up correctly and in the same location, the microwave placed at a 90-degree angle that would render it unusable for Sims, the fridge-top plant and table center easel showed up in the far back corner of the lot, instead of the locations you put them, and the debris and litter didn't show up at all...

So, probably not what either of us was hoping for, but still useful information to have! Thank you for helping with this!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 12:46 AM
Good to know that the leaves and weeds show up though! Very useful info on the table deco since I am about to upload a lot with that very thing. Will have to add a link to the more slot mod...

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 11:49 PM
@HugeLunatic , I just tested your files- they show in the catalog and I can place them, and when I package the lot and move it to a different The Sims 2 folder (i.e., different iteration of the game), the objects appear correctly. That would seem to be good, except when I try to run that test lot through the Upload Wizard, it still flags them as Custom Content (which isn't the case with Sophie-David's rewards). Thoughts?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 12:16 AM
They shouldn't do that. Did you add them to the installation files? I use those and the ones from MTS in cc free lots all the time. If they show in CI untick them. There is no way the wizard can detect things that were unticked from CI.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 12:50 AM
No, I hadn't run this through CI since I wasn't going to be uploading it and forgot that that was the point where it (theoretically) takes care of this issue.

This was actually the first time I'd tried running CI on my new machine... I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it's not working as I remember... :/ I"ll have to see if I can figure out what I'd set up differently on my old machine.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#17 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:04 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 1:54 AM
By "in the bins folder" do you mean the LockedBins subfolder under the main The Sims 2 folder?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:17 AM
HL "Since these recategorize by using the OBJD resource, you will want to place these in the Bins folder for your latest EP."

What I did since I wasn't sure where the bin folder was, was go over to the extracted items here on MTS and read up on all of them and did what Sophie-David suggested under the install suggestions. "The Sims 2 in any configuration - C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins"

I know it's confusing, but since placing them there I have had no issues. Since HL said latest EP I think I may have placed them in the M&G bin rather than the base game bin. I will have to check.

Edit: Yes I have mine in the M&G bin. Your installation files not your game files.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:46 AM
That seems to have taken care of the upload wizard seeing them as CC, thanks!

Now I just have to re-learn how to use the Clean Installer on my new machine... apparently a year was long enough to forget that. -_-

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 6:31 AM
Should simply be click file open, untick nasty hitchhikers, save as slightly different name.

Maybe you need to right click and make sure the file is set to open with Clean Installer. SimPE on my new computer gave me absolute fits when it came to that, my download files wanted to accept any other program tossed at it except simPE. Open with adobe? Sure, Word? No problem. SimPE?!? No! I forget what worked now, I may have written it down but it took some Googling and many methods to finally get them seen as SimPE files.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 8:33 PM
@joandsarah77 , I forgot to ask- where did you get your buyable leaves? Since they seemed to work fine, I'd like to snag those too!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 10:58 PM
Here http://delonariel.tumblr.com/post/6.../testers-wanted I think.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 11:53 PM
@Zarathustra Sorry to bump, but this mod find just got posted on a thread down on the sims 2 chat area and it made me think of your thread. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=230162

Now while the mod is cc, it can change non-functional Maxis deco into usable and placeable. Meaning added decorating without using an OMPS. I think another test lot might be in order to see if items placed using this would stay put when the lot is uploaded.

~Call me Jo~