Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 8:39 PM
Default Horse hair modding
My intention is to create some horse hair, more specifically horse tails specifically for Arabian horses. I have the TSR workshop installed, as well as milkshape with the plugins installed. Now my problem is, when I go to hair and to horses, nothing shows up. Where do I find it? Any step by step instruction would be gladly appreciated
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 3:18 AM
This doesn't help much, but it's not just you- I just opened TSRW also and couldn't find any of the manes I have installed. My advice would be maybe to ask at their forums.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 1:12 PM
TSRW Is really confusing when it comes to creating things for pets. The way I'd have done it would be a pretty non-user friendly way, whereas you'd export the GEOM files, edit them in Milkshape, make sure the Rigs and BGEOMs and all that are working properly with it and replace those files with the files you made... which sounds probably extremely confusing, but then there's another way to do it, which is actually using a 'reference'.

So basically what that would mean, and I would check someone's TOU first before actually doing this, unless I guess it's for personal uses, to download, say, a custom collar. And import that package into TSRW. Then the process is basically the same as how you'd go on creating clothing for sims

Another thing you could do, which i just realised by just looking at it, is cloning a random item, go to the category tab and change 'human' into 'horse'. Make sure you flag 'female' and 'male'
Type: body
Clothing type: (for horse's manes) PetMane
Categories: Everyday, valid for maternity. Random however, is if you want random horses to wear the manes.

There won't be any pet mesh in the 3D view in TSRW to show it off sadly, but at least you could take a look at it with some template meshes in milkshape or blender, etc: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=411795
(You wanna get the animals meshes)

Hope this helps!