Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 6:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default The Sims 3 and Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
So I am in love with TS3 but for some reason EA doesn't think newer graphics cards should be supported so I am stuck with an unplayable game. I have tried every fix I can imagine to no avail and I was just wondering if, outside of downgrading my GPU, there was anything I could do?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 7:59 PM
You've tried every fix you can imagine, but have you tried any of the ones you can't?
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...zed_by_the_game

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:07 PM
There is no reason that the game shouldn't work with that card. It won't be recognized all on its own, which usually means that it will pick up a generic default profile that is unsuitable (but that isn't fatal). More importantly, vsync will need to be arranged for TS3.exe (for Patch 1.69) or TS3w.exe (for Patch 1.67 or below) to cap the fps to the refresh rate of your monitor. Usually that's 60 Hz, so 60 fps but some monitors can run higher. But again, not recognized is not the same thing as not detected or used.

Uncapped frame rates running wild will lead to graphics glitches, lag, screen tears, crashes, and can ultimately burn out the card.

Usually the Nvidia Control Panel is the tool to use to arrange this. Note that if you have GeForce Experience in control of the card, its Optimize function should not be used on TS3 as it will mess things up and get in the way of vertical sync (there is a Revert option if this had already been done). Also note that vsync by way of the Control Panel only works in full screen mode. If it doesn't keep the frame rates locked in, or if you require windowed mode, the next usual tool to use would be Nvidia Inspector.

Fps rates are easy to check in-game, if you can get the game started that is. Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheats console, type fps on (enter). As you play and move the game camera around, the displayed fps rate should never wander above 60 or whatever the refresh rate of your monitor is. To make the display go away, cheats console again and fps off (enter).

So what exactly happens when you try to start up the game? Does it work at all, are you getting failure to start/error messages of some kind?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 1:30 AM
I don't get any issues, not even an unrecognized GPU error, just when I actually play the game it is ridiculously slow and freezes. I have tried turning on vsync and capping the FPS but it hasn't helped
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BrokenRealityx
I don't get any issues, not even an unrecognized GPU error, just when I actually play the game it is ridiculously slow and freezes. I have tried turning on vsync and capping the FPS but it hasn't helped

You have arranged for vsync and fps capping (by what method), but have you verified in-game with the fps on cheat as suggested that the fps rates are actually staying within the range of where they should? When one (or two) methods don't work, many players have to turn to others that do.

Could it be the world(s) you are playing or are things about the same in the gentler to play worlds like Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook? Any different on brand new test games? On a clean game folder? Please tell me you are not using Isla Paradiso or Bridgeport for testing this, those worlds need some to a lot of fixing up before they can be playable for just about everyone.

And if it's not the any of these things, we have this page of tips to improve the game's performance if you are not familiar with it. Maybe the graphics card isn't really the problem. I'm assuming you have a strong enough CPU, RAM, and drive space to go along with it.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips+Fo...ame+Performance