Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jendyose
Here's a stupid one. How can I get my sim to play guitar in the park? Does the guitar need to be in her inventory?

Yes. Too lazy to edit. :o

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:27 AM
lol, thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ILoveHugs02
Has anyone else had a problem with Story Progression? I want to come back to my family to find more babies or that they married someone.

My sims haven't married anyone but as far as they go are Romantic Interest. I also have a middle-aged couple with a teen son who had a baby without my control.

My question: Are Unflirty sims really unflirty? I have two Unflirty sims in my game. One rejected her neighbor's (an acquintence) first advance but once she found out they both were Family-Orientated, she accepted his second advance. Another was Good Friends with a Flirty sim. He only had to flirt with her once and she was all over him. She even Woohoo'd with him the next night; plus she had another Romantic Interest without my control! I thought they were going to be stone-hearted but they're as easily gulliable as any other sim.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:44 AM
ILoveHugs02
You should add a crib to their house. They will be more likely to reproduce if they have somewhere to put the baby I think. Haven't tested.

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Field Researcher
#55 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:06 PM
Ok, Stupid question...

How in the world can you see the roof on a sim's house. I clicked the "go up a floor" button like 90 times and still no luck. Apparently it's invisible or something.. I've tried taking a roof off and putting it back on. And I've tried just changing the pattern to see if that would help but it doesn't. Is this just a game bug or am I not clicking a button I need to?

Thanks in advance. =D
Inventor
#56 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:10 PM
You have to click the button (just like in Sims 2) that changes whether the walls are up or down and also includes the roof button that shows the roof. I can see the roofs fine when doing that, whether building or playing the game.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
You have to click the button (just like in Sims 2) that changes whether the walls are up or down and also includes the roof button that shows the roof. I can see the roofs fine when doing that, whether building or playing the game.

Believe it or not...I don't have that.. I have 3 options, Flat, Cut-a-way walls and complete walls... No 4th option to see a roof. =/
Inventor
#58 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:15 PM
That is really strange because the walls/roof control is exactly like Sims 2 for me.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
That is really strange because the walls/roof control is exactly like Sims 2 for me.

Crap... I was hoping I was doing something wrong. =/ Maybe someone could explain to me why it might have gone missing?
Test Subject
#60 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:40 PM
question!
on sims 2 and if this is in the wrong forum sorry! but i had to wipe my memory clean and restart my computer because of a virus and now i can't play because of a graphic thing DirectX 9.0c and i already have a graphics card it's built in and all that but it's still saying can not read any directX 9.0c thing :/

Heyyyyyy baby.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jessica x gore
Ok, Stupid question...

How in the world can you see the roof on a sim's house. I clicked the "go up a floor" button like 90 times and still no luck. Apparently it's invisible or something.. I've tried taking a roof off and putting it back on. And I've tried just changing the pattern to see if that would help but it doesn't. Is this just a game bug or am I not clicking a button I need to?

Thanks in advance. =D

Are you in walls-up view when you go up to the roof level? If you are in cutaway view you won't be able to see the roof. In walls-up mode, you click up until you are at the level of the attic and then click once more to see the roof.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Field Researcher
#62 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 3:20 PM
Oops, nm.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 3:31 PM
I thought you could have babies at home? But my mothers always end up going to the hospitals eventually if I don't make them.
Test Subject
#64 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 3:32 PM
here's another stupid question: where exactly do I toggle the ceiling? I simply can't find it. =_="
Field Researcher
#65 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fernweather
Are you in walls-up view when you go up to the roof level? If you are in cutaway view you won't be able to see the roof. In walls-up mode, you click up until you are at the level of the attic and then click once more to see the roof.

Lol. Yes I've tried this as well. I've tired to see the roof in walls up, cut-a-way and flat. And making sure I've clicked go up a floor each time at least 10 times. Maybe something didn't install right or something. =/ I don't know... I can't seem to figure it out. I tried googling this question and it seems some other people are having the same problem but there weren't any answers on what to do to fix it.
Test Subject
#66 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
They have to have a really good relationship. Use more friendship interactions. To get married, first you have to ask to go steady. If you have not used the confess feelings interaction, try using it. But basically, it's all about their relationship level.

They're relationship bar is all the way full.
And i tried having them do every friendly and romantic interaction.
but still.... nothing.

good it be that she has two other kids by two other guys?

[[lol. ya... my simmie get around.]]
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 1:03 AM
I cannot figure out how to make a 'group meal' of something. My girl has an opportunity to earn extra cash by making a group meal of cookies. I thought it would be a serving of cookies but it isn't... Anyone have an idea?
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by innocentsorrow
here's another stupid question: where exactly do I toggle the ceiling? I simply can't find it. =_="

My ceiling seems to toggle itself whenever I zoom in and out. Even if I have the walls down, when I zoom in close enough to the sims, the roof is always there, I've never had to make it be.
Test Subject
#69 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Caupi
kupotheeweirdo, it's an issue a lot of people with decent sytems are having (including myself). Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

You can find seeds lying around on the ground - check places like the park, graveyard, around the outsides of the science center, etc (they're tiny and white and pretty hard to see unless you zoom in). I'm not sure about buying them.

You can buy seeds from the grocery store
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:21 AM
Do NPC sims use custom hair? Maybe if they did I'd quit seeing all those cornrows everywhere

[edit] Wait a minute... where's all the custom hair?!

If you were a Sim, would anybody want to play you?
Field Researcher
#71 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by secretsim
I thought you could have babies at home? But my mothers always end up going to the hospitals eventually if I don't make them.

If you just stay at home and cancel the action when she tries to take herself to the hospital then she will eventually have her baby at home.
Test Subject
#72 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
My sims haven't married anyone but as far as they go are Romantic Interest. I also have a middle-aged couple with a teen son who had a baby without my control.

I've started going into other houses while my main family is asleep and making people marry their love interests and knocking them up. My town was dying out, so I needed to take action.

Though I found the first magic baby in my game, you know the kind that has only one parent in the family tree. So it happens, it's just not happening very often in my game.
Test Subject
#73 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sumpsychochic
My ceiling seems to toggle itself whenever I zoom in and out. Even if I have the walls down, when I zoom in close enough to the sims, the roof is always there, I've never had to make it be.

Oh really? Hm.. maybe I haven't zoomed in close enough for once, I'll try that, thanks! :D
Test Subject
#74 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:41 PM
http://www.5star-shareware.com/Wind...s/directx1.html

sorry maybe this one would be better more straight forward
Test Subject
#75 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 5:55 PM
Here's a stupid question can infant sims die?

The reason I ask is in one of my families they had twin girls . One of the infant's mood was always in red. I went to another of my families and played them for awhole and when I came back the infant with the red mood meter was gone. When I checked the family tree she is still there but her pic is in black and white like when someone dies. I'm not sure what happened lol I really wish we still had memories.
Page 3 of 385