Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 7:54 PM
Default What did you discover today while playing TS3?
I discovered kids with more skill could make pie with their little toy ovens. I rarely used them on TS2 and this is the first time I've used one (regularly) in TS3.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
I discovered kids with more skill could make pie with their little toy ovens. I rarely used them on TS2 and this is the first time I've used one (regularly) in TS3.

I discovered today when building a lot to make sure you save every thirty minutes or so or you will forget when shutting down windows when the game is alt tabbed.

A Sims 3 Social Site !
http://www.simaroo.com
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 9:16 PM
That if you press Control and a number at a location, then go somewhere else, press the number and you'll quickly cam over to the lot again. So very useful!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 9:38 PM
I finally discovered Shift+Enter! Haha. I had no idea it existed until today. Now it's my favorite feature ever! :D
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 9:39 PM
What does shift+enter do?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 9:46 PM
Shift+Enter will take you straight to the house of whatever Sim you're playing. It's awesome, because if I'm in a lot that's ridiculously far from my house and there's no Sims in the home but I want to get to the house I press Shift+Enter and BAM! My house!
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 9:56 PM
I discovered that I completely lose track of time in Create a Sim. Seriously, where did those hours go?
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 10:01 PM
I discovered that the two cops living in my household have no idea that their evil roommate is a criminal.
Inventor
#9 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tawny.
Shift+Enter will take you straight to the house of whatever Sim you're playing. It's awesome, because if I'm in a lot that's ridiculously far from my house and there's no Sims in the home but I want to get to the house I press Shift+Enter and BAM! My house!

OH nifty. I just always used the little button to take you to their house in the bottom lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 10:41 PM
my female sims stepmother (female couple) caught her cheating and dropped her as a friend (the daughter) and had the betrayed loyalty moodlet and then tried to express condolences for the betrayal to cheated sim who had no idea

its so like real life EXCEPT the cheated sim was still a teen and my sim had just grown up so she obviously could not perform any romance interactions at all, what's a girl to do? she needed some loving
Inventor
#11 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 10:57 PM
Well, I found out that if relatives of a married person sees one of their best friends kissing that relative, you lose points in your friendship with them but still remain good friends/old friends anyway and can fix the relationship, with just an apology. :D
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 11:38 PM
I discovered that my settings were cranked up on high; might as well tone those settings down to FINALLY get smooth gameplay. :P
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:09 AM
I discovered that what they watch on tv is TS2... i had no idea until i looked at it lol

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:18 AM
I discovered that sim part-time jobs reflect real part-time jobs very well; you can't EVER get a promotion, even if you work your butt off!
Instructor
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryFanFiction
That if you press Control and a number at a location, then go somewhere else, press the number and you'll quickly cam over to the lot again. So very useful!

OMG! That rocks. Thanks for letting me know. I'm numbering my favorite sites right now, lol.

Tried it, people should note this works with numbers 5 and up because 1-4 are your camera speeds.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
OMG! That rocks. Thanks for letting me know. I'm numbering my favorite sites right now, lol.

Tried it, people should note this works with numbers 5 and up because 1-4 are your camera speeds.

Aha, forgot about that last tidbit. Yeah, 5 to 0... not too many, but still, better than manually cruising across the map. Like if you wanna quickly go to the park, or city hall, or the graveyard (my favorites) if you like watching other sims (like I do!)
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:45 AM
I learned that I love to torture my athletic Sim by making her jog to and from work. Seriously, it's hilarious as heck to pan out and watch her jog from her house to the stadium. Of course, I have to get her to leave the house at exactly the right time so she can get to work at the right time, otherwise I start getting those "She's late for work" messages.
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 1:52 AM
I discovered that the music for one of the television channels is from The Sims: Unleashed. Oh, the memories!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Techno Beansprout
I discovered that the music for one of the television channels is from The Sims: Unleashed. Oh, the memories!!

FDSAFADSFADS
WHICH ONE?!?!1111
Scuse me. I remember that jazzy song like it was yesterday.

Edit: And I realized that the Romantic Rendezvous channel, the black and white show, is hilarious.

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Instructor
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 4:54 AM
I discovered that if your sim has triplets they bring the babies home from the hospital in a basket looking thing.
Scholar
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:10 AM
Today I learned that child sims can fish in the swimming pool AND catch fish! WTF? Somebody was definitely asleep at the keyboard on this one. I do have a pond on my lot, so I'd understand if they were fishing there, but the pool? I seriously doubt the minnows grew wings and migrated to the pool. Note that adults cannot fish in the pool, unless they have the childish trait. When I have my adult sim with the childish trait and level 10 fishing skill inspect the POOL for fish, it shows minnow, red herring, vampire fish, tragic clownfish, and goldfish. These (along with 3 other types) are the same kinds I have in the pond.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:22 AM
That when your sim gets too lonely, they'll talk to the flowers. I think I was even more suprised how much her social went up (although it very quickly went back down).

Andy: This year for Christmas, everyone's getting a handshake and an I.O.U.
Instructor
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:58 AM
I learned today that my Legacy heir likes to flirt with creepy/ugly guys in town while I'm not looking.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jendyose
That when your sim gets too lonely, they'll talk to the flowers. I think I was even more suprised how much her social went up (although it very quickly went back down).

They also talk to furniture, like the coffee table and desk lamp.
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrs. Crumplebottom
FDSAFADSFADS
WHICH ONE?!?!1111
Scuse me. I remember that jazzy song like it was yesterday.

Edit: And I realized that the Romantic Rendezvous channel, the black and white show, is hilarious.

I think it was 'Down By The River' although there are a few tracks that sound pretty similar.
Page 1 of 490