Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:51 AM
I discovered i can't drown my sim in his pool. Apparently they can just get out without the ladder.

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VoiceIHear
I discovered i can't drown my sim in his pool. Apparently they can just get out without the ladder.

You can by building walls around the pool after the sims jump in.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:38 PM
I love that you think of these things snaek. I just love it
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#29 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:54 PM
I'm still at the point in the game where I only discover things that annoy me and must die.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scholar
#30 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VoiceIHear

I loved that they put this in. In the sims 2, while I did enjoy watching them suffer, the whole time I was thinking, "You have a level 10 body skill, and you can't climb out of a !@%&$@!* pool? Even I can do that!"

This way, it's more realistic... and means I get to come up with more creative ways to murder them.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:38 PM
I didn't want to make a new thread for this. this is kinda a discovery.

I moved a male sim into my house, to help with the garden.
but also to be the future husband.
he has lived there for about a week, and spent everyday at home, adcept one gardening class.
They are only friends, because there hasn't been much time for relationship building with all the gardening.

So to get to the point, I sent my female sim betty out to look for seeds, and my future husband to drop off some onions to the bistro. as I was scouting the lands for seeds, I notice -5 -5 -5 went to check to see what was going on, and I find him in a coffee shop partying down, not only that but he had zoned in on the town tramp, five more mins and they would have been making woopy lol. I couldn't help myself, I had betty run over and make fun of him, (no slap option) now there no longer friends. errg now what?
I guess I am taking my sims way to personal, I don't think I can forgive him and make him her husband now lol.
Betty has spent so much time gardening and learning, that her life is half over already, with no husband and no kids.
anyways the discovery is that the seemless NH seems to mean that even sims living in the same house, when left alone can do many more action on there own.
now I wish I would have left it alone, to see how far it would have gone.

oh I forgot to mention that when betty first got there, he seem to get mad at her for interupting them lol.
love this game.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:39 PM
Yeah, it is good that they don't need a ladder now. But today an old female Sim drowned in the swimming pool and the other Sims didn't care or help her, they only where shocked when the Grim Reaper appeared.^^
I uploaded a video of it here: http://www.wegame.com/watch/The_Gri...e_swimmingpool/

But why do all the female Sims moan while they are swimming? If you don't see them but only hear them you could think that they are doing things which I won't mention here (it is called hanky-panky or something like that ingame)...^^
Scholar
#33 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moeppl
But why do all the female Sims moan while they are swimming? If you don't see them but only hear them you could think that they are doing things which I won't mention here (it is called hanky-panky or something like that ingame)...^^

Woo hoo. As in "WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO" haha

Apparently the jets in that swimming pool are working extra well

Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:00 PM
@Gangreless: I own the German version (since I'm German ^^), so I just looked up what "Techtelmechtel" (that's what it is called in this version) means in English on www.leo.org. ^^
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:36 PM
Sims can call you and invite you over to their home!

I got a call from Gunther Goth. So I went and got invited in. Pretty cool. The Goth home is haunted too! At least two Goth ghosts. Hehe, Gunther has become one of my favorite sims.
Inventor
#36 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 11:54 AM
I discovered that some of the metal textures work great for creating faded jeans.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 1:42 PM
I learned that the master thief male uniform is -neat-. I wish I could use that as everyday clothing for certain ninja loving individuals in other professions.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 2:09 PM
I discovered that pregnant sims don't look pregnant when they,re naked, so apparently it's their clothes that show pregnant.

smile:D
Test Subject
#39 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 2:18 PM
I found out that vampirefish appear (and disappear) on a very strange schedual(Sorry, I can't spell.) They appear at 7pm, then dissapear at 8pm. They reappear at midnight, and are still around all that day till 5pm. then they disappear and the cycle starts again. I know that that is the way of it in the graveyard in Sunset Vally, but as for the other places that vampirefish appear, I'm not really sure.
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 2:22 PM
I noticed that trees blow in the wind...
Test Subject
#41 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 2:29 PM
You can't use the fertility award on elders. I figured as much, but it was a nice touch. ha.
Inventor
#42 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Birgitte Heuschkel
I learned that the master thief male uniform is -neat-. I wish I could use that as everyday clothing for certain ninja loving individuals in other professions.

You can, use the cheat: "unlockoutfits on" and go into CAS or use a wardrobe.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 6:26 PM
I learned that other sim, the one you're not playing can ask you to move in with him/her. Neat! =)
Test Subject
#44 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 7:05 PM
I learned that you have to manually make your wedding couple change into appropriate outfits or they will just get married in their everyday clothes, even though all the guests were invited in formal garb.
#45 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 7:24 PM
I learned that I really miss the Hot Tubs. Having Sims woo-hoo in bed is just so boring. I have a male Sim who's a hopeless flirt and I really want that Hot Tub so he can some kinky fun with his girlfriends.
Test Subject
#46 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 8:03 PM
Today, I have discovered that gnomes love to drink together.

I wonder if the 3rd one I got will join them on their next party.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 8:22 PM
Has anyone actually seen them do anything? It's kind of mystical that it's like "you put them there and the next morning their sleeping under the umbrella on the garden table" But I'd love to see them move ^_^
Test Subject
#48 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morbus
Has anyone actually seen them do anything? It's kind of mystical that it's like "you put them there and the next morning their sleeping under the umbrella on the garden table" But I'd love to see them move ^_^

Haha, as much as I would like that to happen, nope. I watched my Mysterious Gnomes for 2 sim hours and they didn't move an inch. Then I kept the game at the highest speed, watched them for a full sim day and they didn't move too

I found out that one of the ghosts in Riverview cemetery likes to nap on the stone bench when the sun is high up.
Scholar
#49 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 8:43 PM
They don't actually "move" per se, they basically teleport (using "blink" like the option you had in Sims 2, not the fancy, "HERE I COME" teleport like in Sims 3). So, unless you watch them like a hawk, you won't see them do it. I saw it once just by chance because my Sim likes to garden in the middle of the night.

Field Researcher
#50 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 8:47 PM
My Military-career sims get revielle at 7am every day. :D
Page 2 of 490