Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 9:00 PM
One night when I first got my gnome I placed him on a table next to the computer. I moused over him just for a second to look at him and he was GONE. He was found in the garden laying on his belly looking at the flowers. So yea they just teleport.
Advertisement
Inventor
#52 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 9:05 PM
I so need to get me some gnomes. lol They do weird things.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Instructor
#53 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 9:27 PM
I forgot to mention on a totally different subject of what I learned, my sim's first wife's ghost now actually hangs out ALL day and makes meals and does things on her own. I do NOT control her for those that were wondering if I was confused about how they work. I actually don't like controlling ghosts because they are just as much hassle as a regular sim. Anyway Daisy doesn't seem to come out at midnight and vanish at 4:18am anymore, I have found her cooking lunch at lunch time and sometimes she is watching tv or reading a book during the day. I am thinking the higher the relationship you have with a ghost the more they will "feel at home". I just thought it was a interesting development on ghosts and how they work in the world.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 9:33 PM
I found out that your Sims can make out inside the crypta(or what is the English word for "rumschmusen") when they visit the crypta. oO
Test Subject
#55 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 11:02 PM
Another gnome-related discovery. They lack the ability to look before they leap. :x

Makes me wish I took the picture of him jumping in the same spot. xD
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:01 AM
I found out that you can make stuff in S3 that you couldn't in S2. For example a swimingpool with windows. Aka. a glass tank. All I need is fill it with fishies and I've got my aquarium.

Ohh and my two gnomes don't do much. But my first one seems scared, I think it's the water sprinkler. He's bending backwards holding a hand infront of his face.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:12 AM
Haha how cool.. now all we need is a mod to allow stocking fishies in pools.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:34 AM
Starving pregnant sims is surprisingly difficult. I used testingcheatsenabled to drop everyone in a famiy's motives all down to 0, and while the father died instantly, the teenage son took a minute or two, and then it turned out he was unlucky, so Grim brought him back. The family's baby just wailed for hours with no social worker, and the pregnant mother's starving moodlet wouldn't go below 4 hours left. I think somehow it went back up later. She continued to live for several hours, and the baby continued to scream without social services intervention. As soon as she gave birth, I was able to drop her hunger all the way. I think the baby was born hungry too, which was a nice addition if I didn't drop his motives on my own.

Social Services can take forever to show, even after everyone else is dead and two babies are screaming in the attic in complete motive failure.. one of which is laying in a puddle.
Test Subject
#59 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kilani
Haha how cool.. now all we need is a mod to allow stocking fishies in pools.

I know my childish sims could fish in the pool after I stocked the mini-pond on the lot. Would that be close enough? x3
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 2:36 AM
That if you put something in the dishwasher, it makes noise and steam comes out, just like a real one. It annoys my sim. xD
Test Subject
#61 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 3:29 AM
I discovered a disgusting mess of about... 85 rotting hot dogs when my sims went to visit the community pool. They covered half the tiles around the pool and everywhere were bugs. One of my sims is neat, so he just couldn't help himself and spent half the day cleaning up there.

I think I know how that mess started - imagine a sloppy, hungry townie who can't cook at all... he then makes a hot dog, which is horrible and burned and throws it on the ground and starts again. And even if he produces food that you can actually eat... by that time he is surrounded by the last dozen burnt (and rotting) hot dogs, which is so disgusting that he throws his food on the ground too instead of eating it. But he's still hungry, so he starts again... (and again, and again)
Scholar
#62 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 3:42 AM
I discovered that toddler can read if you leave the toddler books on the floor or a coffee table for them/
Field Researcher
#63 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 5:37 AM
Kevin took out a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from the fridge, and put it in the food processor and served it to his toddler daughter, Tiffany, for lunch! I had no idea they could make baby food.

Another discovery was through a friend at another forum (N99), you can increase/decrease their motives with your mouse! Just put your mouse arrow on the motive bar (the green part - just left click on it and hold it down) and slide it over! Your game must be in Play not Pause.

Now, I'm not sure if this is due to AwesomeMod or not. (I have it installed.) But I LOVE this feature! I can bump up their Energy, Bladder, Hygiene, etc., to whatever I want, without typing in any cheat.

You can also slide their Relationship bars, too!

It's a neighborhood legacy
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by greeneyedsims
Another discovery was through a friend at another forum (N99), you can increase/decrease their motives with your mouse! Just put your mouse arrow on the motive bar (the green part - just left click on it and hold it down) and slide it over! Your game must be in Play not Pause.

That's weird. Mine doesn't do that and I have awesomemod. You can do it after using testingcheatsenabled true, but that's too obvious so I guess you haven't used that
Instructor
#65 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darim
That's weird. Mine doesn't do that and I have awesomemod. You can do it after using testingcheatsenabled true, but that's too obvious so I guess you haven't used that

Actually it stays on and on and on, so even if you leave the game and come back it's still on. You have to actually turn off testingcheats for it to be off at all, so some people might not even realize it's on considering your game is exactly the same unless you shift click something.
Scholar
#66 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
Actually it stays on and on and on, so even if you leave the game and come back it's still on. You have to actually turn off testingcheats for it to be off at all, so some people might not even realize it's on considering your game is exactly the same unless you shift click something.

I don't know how this myth about testingcheats staying on started, but it's not true. Perhaps awesomemod makes it stay on. Awesomemod does not work for me so I just use testingcheats and I have to re-enter EVERY time I reopen the game. I have three other friends that also cannot use awesomemod and there game does not keep testingcheats on, either.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Instructor
#67 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gangreless
I don't know how this myth about testingcheats staying on started, but it's not true. Perhaps awesomemod makes it stay on. Awesomemod does not work for me so I just use testingcheats and I have to re-enter EVERY time I reopen the game. I have three other friends that also cannot use awesomemod and there game does not keep testingcheats on, either.

It may be related to me having Awesome mod, cause I got it soon after I discovered what a mess story mode was. But I wouldn't call it a "myth". And considering she's moving her motives without turning on testing cheats she probably has awesome mod too. Cause I'm pretty sure the base game didn't come with the ability to just drag motives and relationships around without entering any cheats.
Scholar
#68 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
It may be related to me having Awesome mod, cause I got it soon after I discovered what a mess story mode was. But I wouldn't call it a "myth". And considering she's moving her motives without turning on testing cheats she probably has awesome mod too. Cause I'm pretty sure the base game didn't come with the ability to just drag motives and relationships around without entering any cheats.

No, like I said, I have to enter the testingcheats cheat to do this. The point being (the myth) that the vanilla game does not keep this code on, if you exit the game, the code is cleared and you have to reenter it. Awesomemod apparently has a script that enables it so every time you load the game, awesomemod is also loaded, which loads the testingcheats. But just having the base game will not "save" the testingcheats code, you have to reenter it every time.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Inventor
#69 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 11:29 AM
It is Awesomemode that does it, Testingcheats was aways on until I ditched Awesommod.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
It is Awesomemode that does it, Testingcheats was aways on until I ditched Awesommod.

Then it's not on for me because I haven't used it since I got awesomemod. :p
Instructor
#71 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 2:30 PM
I discovered Cornelia Goth and Agnes Crumplebottom are sisters.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Theorist
#72 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 2:58 PM
I discovered that your sim can autonomously propose to others. And that other sims can call your sim and invite her to visit their house. Unfortunately, both things happened only once in my game so far, they must be extremely rare.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#73 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
I discovered that your sim can autonomously propose to others. And that other sims can call your sim and invite her to visit their house. Unfortunately, both things happened only once in my game so far, they must be extremely rare.
I've never had an autonomous proposal, but I've had several friends call up and ask my sims to come over and hang out.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 4:47 PM
They no longer wear rings when they are engaged or married which is a shame...
Inventor
#75 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin

Um, no. I don't have AwesomeMod installed and all I have to do is enable the testingcheats and I can control the mood bars with my mouse. I leave it on the entire time I'm playing.
Page 3 of 490