Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 4:20 PM
One of my babies was hungry so he started crying. He wasn't starving yet, just almost halfway on the hungry and his mom who was almost in the red was getting something to eat then stopped to feed him. She died. So frustrating. Luckily, I hadn't saved my game yet so I exited out, reloaded it and got her eating before she fed the kid.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#27 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 5:07 PM
There are TWO identical bathrooms in the house. One is in use. Another sim needs to pee. Which bathroom does he want? Yes. The one in use. And what does he do when he finds out that it's in use? He complains. And complains again. And again. Finally he pees himself. And he can get to the other bathroom, because when I tell him to go into it, it's like "Whoa! How did this get here!", and he's fine.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 5:11 PM
The thing with the cars and one Sim zooms ahead on the car forcing his companion(s) to either run or whip out the bike. Especially if it is a family outing and a parent leaves the kid(s) behind to get to the destination on their own.

On the Simbots and shorting out in water. I find it hilarious that my Simbot can fix a sink or a shower without shorting out. I mean common, the broken appliances are spraying water all over her. I haven't tried out the sprinklers yet so I don't know if she will play with it. She is not an outdoors person but she is an hydrophobic.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 8:16 PM
There is some major routing fail going on in my house. The nursery is something like 5 x 5 tiles. It contains a crib, a toilet seat, a teddy bear, and a trash can. Plenty of room for movement.

BUT, half the time I want the parent to do something while they're in the room with the baby/toddler, they'll walk out of the room and down the stairs. toddler follows them to the stairs, promptly blocking their access, so they just stand in the middle of the living room on the floor below until I cancel the action.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Forum Resident
#30 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 9:19 PM
In Los Aneigos' Warehouse 6, trying to get ma boys to use the urinal is an absolute fail.. *use*... *run outside and stamp foot*... *use*... *run outside and stamp foot*... *use*... *run outside and stamp foot*... *Nrass*... *Master Controller*... *Advanced*... *Total Annihilation*... *Yes* That'll teach them.

Sometimes they come out of a club and run towards the back of a building, then back out towards the road, point, pls?

Go suck an elf...
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
... And if you stand around for two seconds longer than the game thinks is necessary it tells you you're missing work even when you're on your way back to the station.
... which, as a prompt aimed at the player, is breathtakingly hypocritical... as mentioned in several other posts in this thread, Sims *like* standing around longer than necessary. It is a natural talent among the Simlish people, something at which they excel. If you rush them too much, how are they even going to find the sprinkler?
Alchemist
#32 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
Sometimes they come out of a club and run towards the back of a building, then back out towards the road, point, pls?

reminds me, ive seen many a sim go running out to a lake (any given lake, really) in SV as if their life depended on it (unable to stop to say hi until they complete the action)...only to stand there for 10 seconds, then turn around and go home. they dont do anything, they dont even talk to each other when theyre there together. awkward.

and just general routing issues.
like when you tell them to "teach to walk" a toddler in a crib, they have adequate space in the nursery on the second/third floor to set them down and do so...but they insist on walking out into the front yard/backyard on the first floor to do it ._.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Mad Poster
#33 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
reminds me, ive seen many a sim go running out to a lake (any given lake, really) in SV as if their life depended on it (unable to stop to say hi until they complete the action)...only to stand there for 10 seconds, then turn around and go home. they dont do anything, they dont even talk to each other when theyre there together. awkward.

They don't talk to other fishermen when they fish anymore, either. Total silence.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 1:53 AM
I watched a townie mum go into the main park, put her baby on the floor, walk away and sneeze. I thought it was very random.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 3:06 AM Last edited by rcranger9 : 3rd Jun 2011 at 12:17 PM.
When my sims go running into the fire in order to scream about it rather than calling the firefighters and getting out of the house. Who runs at a fire to scream about? I mean seriously!

OMG! It's a F*CKING FIRE! I NEED TO SCREAM ABOUT IT INSTEAD OF RUNNING AWAY! HEY, YOU ON THE SIDEWALK! THERE'S A F*CKING FIRE IN HERE! COME AND STAND IN IT AND SCREAM WITH ME AS WE WONDER WHY WE ARE BURNING TO DEATH!

*Facepalm*

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Alchemist
#36 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rcranger9
When my sims go running into the fire in order to scream about it rather than calling the firefighters and getting out of the house. Who runs at a fire to scream about? I mean seriously!

and if i guide them outside, safely away, theyll just run back in to freak out at the fire, standing a good 10 inches from the nearest ceiling-tall flame.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Scholar
#37 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 3:58 AM
Why are you playing with the sprinkler again, bitch? Go make yo nectar or harvest your crops, damnit!

Are you a fucktard? You're rich and you have an elevator and still, you'll use the stairs to go from B2 to F4? DUMBASS!

Sup with that aquarium dude, why you keep staring at it? GO TO WORK YOU MORON YOU'RE LATE

WHY ARE YOU WALKING AROUND THE LOT TO GO FROM AN ROOM TO ANOTHER ON THE SIDE?

Sims, annoying me since 1999
Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 4:00 AM
I have this sim family, and right before they woohoo, the talk about FORKS! Like, its so random! It happens when right before they go under the covers! It has a thought bubble with forks in it then they nod and go under!
Mad Poster
#39 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
Sims, annoying me since 1999

Too lazy to make a awesome signature :3

There's your awesome signature. XD
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:16 AM
When I send my sims to do something and they just stand around for hours staring at it before they do what I want them to do. Like for example, today while playing I sent my sim and his wife to the swimming pool to go for a dip, she went in, but he stared at the water for about 3-4 sim hours before getting in. Happens with other interactions too sometimes, such as taking a shower and will often make them late for work ><
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:25 AM
Default not spooning?
Quote: Originally posted by ltb1999
I have this sim family, and right before they woohoo, the talk about FORKS! Like, its so random! It happens when right before they go under the covers! It has a thought bubble with forks in it then they nod and go under!

Sounds like they're talking about forking... *waggles eyebrows provacatively*
Test Subject
#42 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justin1010
When I send my sims to do something and they just stand around for hours staring at it before they do what I want them to do. Like for example, today while playing I sent my sim and his wife to the swimming pool to go for a dip, she went in, but he stared at the water for about 3-4 sim hours before getting in. Happens with other interactions too sometimes, such as taking a shower and will often make them late for work ><

This has to do with the time it takes to load the outfits, it happens to me a lot especially when you have just loaded a saved file. It takes the game a bit of time to load the outfits like swimwear (pool) or no clothes (shower etc...) or outfit (job), but notice that during the same playing session if you attempt that action again, it doesn't take anytime at all. What I usually do is just pause the game after giving the order for the action, go do something else for three minutes then come back, and there you have it, they change outfit directly because during the pause the game loaded the outfit :D

Procrastilaxation :D ~~~ Check out my story Abilities
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 2:44 PM
Taking 30 minutes to step into a shower! And ending up missing work because of it...
Instructor
#44 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 4:21 PM
This has only happened to me once. My sim was getting married, and she invited her fiance to the wedding party since they didn't live together. The wedding started at 7:00PM, but everyone, save her fiance (Christopher Steel), showed up at 6:00 PM--even some party crashers. Her dumbass husband didn't show up until 10:00PM. I was aggravated both by the early birds and by Chris. >:c
Scholar
#45 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
There's your awesome signature. XD

LULZ, that is awesome indeed.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 6:07 PM
A human couple kept tasting nectar bottle after bottle when they went to France and kept peeing like mad. But the thing that made me think 'what the - you dumbasses' was they kept cracking open some nice tasty bottles of plasma fruit nectar. ...Then running to be sick.

...Herp
Test Subject
#47 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 6:28 PM
I have a huge graveyard in my house's garden (I think there are about 15 at the moment), so I deal with tons of ghosts. But it drives me MAD when a Sim will get up from bed, even if the ghost didn't go through them, run to the other side of the lot, and mime barfing. YOU HAVE SEEN THESE GHOSTS EVERYDAY OF YOUR LIFE! MAYBE IT'S TIME TO GET OVER IT!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:13 PM
Butlers with drinking problems.

Hire a butler and leave plasma nectar sitting out in the open and watch the herp derp commence.

*drink* *run to bathroom* *barf*
"That sucked.... BOOZE!"
*drink* *run to bathroom* *barf*
*repeat until all nectar is gone*
Alchemist
#49 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
and if i guide them outside, safely away, theyll just run back in to freak out at the fire, standing a good 10 inches from the nearest ceiling-tall flame.

That's the one I hate. I'll be yelling at the screen. "you're going to die dummy, go back outside" lol
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:23 PM
When my sims stop doing what they are doing to do the "Simbot" emote. It was fun the first time, even the second time and the third time I dug it, but every single time the dratted bucket of bolts walks by?! She's here, she's staying. Git over it already! :/

Although it is fun to see how consistent they are. The one that "summoned" her (through lifetime wish) is just jiggered over her, his partner gets this "what" look, the daughter clearly dislikes her and the brother that has done some inventing yeehaws and does what it looks like a high five in the air with invisible person. But I can't remember what the other brother does though. He's the quiet one and I tend to forget the poor thing.
Page 2 of 321