Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by parrot999
Edit: I would actually like to see what ambient Occlusion looks like in The Sims 2. If anyone has any pics.

I bet it would look awfully similar to the Sims 3.

I also wonder if anyone would ever be able to find some way of getting sunglare and depth-of-focus into the Sims 3, which I bet would look awesome in tilt-shift.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 8:53 AM Last edited by blakegriplingph : 6th Feb 2014 at 6:01 AM.
Sorry for the bump, but it seems like the SSAO trick using the Counter-Strike: Source compatibility bit doesn't work anymore. Trying the HL2/HL2DM bit works, but it only shows up on the HUD and menu elements, and if it does show up at all, it's barely noticeable.

Not sure if it's driver-related or something like that, but I'm leaning more on Nvidia borking up AO compatibility with newer drivers.

EDIT: Yup, confirmed, while I haven't tried all of the compatibility bits, it appears that it has something to do with the Nvidia's later drivers when I rolled back to v314.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 30th May 2015 at 1:06 AM
Ok, so this appears to be working again for games on the latest patch. No changes needed, just follow the original instructions.

Unfortunately, the effects are fairly subtle outdoors, where ironically they're the most needed. If anyone has any idea as to how they might be improved, let me know!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 30th May 2015 at 4:48 AM
What exactly are dynamic shadows?

Anyways, the effects ambient occlusion produces are fairly subtle, if you can see a slightly darker outline around objects, then you know it's working.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 30th May 2015 at 6:09 AM
I always never found myself having problems with the shadows, maybe it was because I played on worlds where this was included in the weather files?

As for ambient occlusion, do you have a Nvidia card? I couldn't replicate that wall effect as well, but there is ambient occlusion around objects and especially in corners.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 30th May 2015 at 6:07 PM
I have a post here with some images that should show Ambient Occlusion in-game.

http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.co...up-to-this-post
Mad Poster
#36 Old 30th May 2015 at 11:21 PM
Anyone want to take a look at this? It may offer some additional graphical features that we may want.

http://reshade.me/compatibility
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 31st May 2015 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Ok, so this appears to be working again for games on the latest patch. No changes needed, just follow the original instructions.

Unfortunately, the effects are fairly subtle outdoors, where ironically they're the most needed. If anyone has any idea as to how they might be improved, let me know!

On the latest GeForce drivers?
Mad Poster
#39 Old 31st May 2015 at 8:03 AM
I believe so.

At the moment I don't have a lot of time, but I'm hoping people will also take a look at the Reshade injectors, which seem to be more promising.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 31st May 2015 at 9:00 AM
It is indeed subtle, though the last time I tried SSAO I was able to make it show up prominently like before.
Alchemist
#43 Old 31st May 2015 at 12:40 PM
This... is too much and overwhelming for my laptop to handle. AO or not, having a game that doesn't produce SGE or intermittent freezing and lagging is more than enough to me.

Sorry, I was ranting and I have no knowledge about what this thread is about. These pictures are really beautiful, and I wish my game could be like that someday. I'm bookmarking this thread for future references. .

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#44 Old 31st May 2015 at 4:57 PM
Anyone want to take a look at this? It may offer some additional graphical features that we may want.

http://reshade.me/compatibility

Apparently some of the drivers they have for this offer depth of field, SSAO, god rays and other goodies.

I'm busy for the next while, but anyone care to try it out?
Mad Poster
#45 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 12:04 AM
Apparently some of the drivers they have for this offer depth of field, SSAO, god rays and other goodies.

I'm busy for the next while, but anyone care to try it out?

I tried it out, absolutely nothing happened. I'm probably doing it wrong (by not downloading any shaders at all), but I don't feel like ruining the way my game looks for science. If anyone finds a shader that goes well with TS3, that's the one I'm using.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#47 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 2:37 PM
I guess we're getting different results, then. I'm not having any issues with flag 07, other than the effect disappearing, and transparency issues. I wouldn't really like the effect to be stronger, but I would like it to be a tad sharper. And the 20 FPS limit you mentioned puts me off.

I will test out a few profiles myself, though...maybe there's a better one.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Icy Spicy
#49 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 10:21 AM
I have used the original settings mentioned in the 1st post and set it to high quality.The shadows are more prominent and the night is dark( ).Looks quite good IMO.There is no fps hit for me.I am running the game at the usual 60 fps( I have V-sync on).
One thing I did notice though.The HUD panels and all the pop up menus have a weird shadow when I am too near an object.But it is not a big thing.I guess I can live with that
Mad Poster
#50 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 12:19 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 21st Jun 2015 at 12:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
I tried it out, absolutely nothing happened. I'm probably doing it wrong (by not downloading any shaders at all), but I don't feel like ruining the way my game looks for science. If anyone finds a shader that goes well with TS3, that's the one I'm using.

Ok, so I managed to get it to work:

After installing it on the TS3W.exe file (using the automatic installer)- you also need to drag the Reshade32.dll to the game directory. Uninstalling is as simple as simply removing the files from the game directory.

I used this shader plugin: http://reshade.me/forum/shader-pres...i-and-much-more
http://reshade.me/forum/shader-pres...i-and-much-more
More here: http://reshade.me/forum/index

You simply need to drag those files into your game directory.

So godrays and lens dirt! Unfortunately, no ambient occlusion or depth of field, but I imagine those would require a bit of fiddling about. Someone will also need to find the toggle on/off & take photo keys for this as well.
Page 2 of 8