Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 4:01 PM
Haha, you wait until that premium content comes out and toddlers can teach themselves to walk and talk. Parents will no longer be needed, just need to teach them to change their own nappies and get a bottle out of nowhere too.

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 7:27 PM
^ Destroyed playroom.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 1:27 AM
With Sprog aging up and coming in to his powers (teens can use Dexter the Bear, right? *SHUDDER*) perhaps it's time to consider downloading MoDoors so you can create a Sprog-proof safe room in the Scumthorpe mansion ....

And as far as the Space-baby and "jellyfish" - you DO know where Cthulu comes from, right?
Field Researcher
#54 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 2:12 AM
Ah well, remember Lester is a Mutant who has been, errr, mutated as it were, by a horribly toxic ore of doubtful (perhaps extraterrestrial) origin.

Of course, not forgetting that the "safe room" will need an exit-only secret tunnel to the outside in case Sprog decides to burn down the entire mansion...
Scholar
#55 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 2:23 AM
I'm really late, but... OP? I love you for this XD

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Theorist
#56 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Of course I do. Except Lester talked about jellyfish as a toddler too.

Weren't Lester and the other triplets contaminated with alien space-rocks their father is mining anyway? It still fits.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 12:08 PM
Good point. What the hell, it's not like tying them vaguely into the Cthulhu Mythos is going to make them any worse.

No, but it should scare the holy bejeezus out of Cthulhu and his lot!

Also, I must download another of Twallan's mods soon so I can exceed the maximum number of sims in the household. Someone new will probably be joining the family in the near future. Not a new baby, although one or two might directly follow their arrival...

OMG, talk about foreshadowing! Now I won't sleep for days!
Scholar
#58 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 5:26 PM
Good lord Mingham... there are no words, but just know that I am grinning quite idiotically at my computer screen, waiting for new Scumthorpe stuff XD

(Spaaaaaaaaaaaccccccceee? I hope I'm not reading too far into that, because to my twisted mind, that is a reference.)

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Scholar
#59 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 10:08 PM
Yeah, the pet bowl in the background there is super-foreshadowing.

Let me guess, they've gone and adopted Black Shuck ...
Instructor
Original Poster
#60 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 10:17 PM
Default The Killjoys
Well, MinghamSmith asked I post something about my Scumthorpe inspired Legacy, The Killjoys. While I am still pretty early in it I have been making a large number of screenshots to use in building stories. I did have to start over after a glitch nixed the first attempt so it has been slow going but the second round seems to be going much better.

First off is our founding father in this legacy: August Killjoy

Uh, August, stop smiling. PLEASE stop smiling.

August is a bit of an old fashioned soul. Evil(of course), proper, observant, charismatic and a schmoozer. This is the man who is to win the Killjoy fortune. So just how does he go about making his daily living?

As a Sham Swami. Our faker of phantoms is in the medium business. With no actual magical powers he of course just puts on a show and is very good at cold reading folks.

He was also quite a ladies man as a bachelor* got the eyes of more than a few folks. There were a few ladies that expressed an interest in him. Though one day at the library.....

Umm....er.....I'm afraid sir that we cannot return your attentions. Please....

Oh..*phew*...oh, that poor girl......

It's an understandable mistake you must understand, when you've had this happen:

OH JEEZ CREEPS RUNAWAY!

Burrragh Weeegggl Luuubbbzzz Gooooo

Stand back! I have a waterballoon and am not afraid to use it!

So yeah. Somehow that man seems to have a magnetic personality.

On the other hand, the animal life seems to have the measure of him.

*Even using Twallan's mods to tweak the attraction system.

I think I need to work on editing the size of the pics and next up, the woman who became his bride and the nature of married life.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 10:18 PM
BTW, you do have that toddler mod that allows genius babies to feed themselves, and all others to eat out of the pet bowl, right? Because without it I don't see how any of the Scumthorpe offspring manage not to starve to death, given the general inattention and neglect (if not downright abuse) in the Scumthorpe household.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 10:24 PM

OH FUCK ME THAT GUY NEEDS A WAX STAT
Field Researcher
#63 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 10:33 PM
I do. And that's why they have a pet bowl. It's not because they've bought a hellhound, they haven't. It's how they feed their toddlers.

That figures. I should have known, LOL!

As for Rick, I often suspect that were it not for his horrible horrible family, he might have turned out to be a halfway decent human being. As it is, he's really not as bad as one might have expected, all things considered.
Instructor
Original Poster
#64 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 10:37 PM
Well, I said I'd bring you into the second member so far of the Killjoy family. Here she is:

Carmella Scumthorpe-Killjoy.

Wait, Scumthorpe?!

Yup, this was my little tribute and tip of the hat to what started this legacy. I leave it up to you folks to figure out her relations to the other Scumthorpes MeghamSmith came up with.

She's just about as bad as they are, Evil(duh), Proper, artistic a sculptor and a snob. Actually she suprised me as a sculptor. Usually the first thing carved is a chair, a table or a toilet. When she carved her first item we got this:

She's also in the time she's been with August written three books(only the first was a flop) painted six pictures and turned out two sculptures. It's only been a week and a half since she came here! Something tells me there is a competition going on here as to who is the true bread-winner in this old fashioned home.

Actually since they came through the door to their first joint home there has been an odd relationship between the two. They were made for each other, literially true but they also seem to be quite happy with each other.

OR ARE THEY?

Next up, life in the Killjoy honeymoon house.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiritbw
Carmella Scumthorpe-Killjoy.

Wait, Scumthorpe?!

Yup, this was my little tribute and tip of the hat to what started this legacy. I leave it up to you folks to figure out her relations to the other Scumthorpes MeghamSmith came up with.

This reminds me of something. The Ptolemy family (who I posted about in the OMG WTF ARE YOU DOING THREAD with the worst fucking full moon ever) were originally Scumthorpes. Or at least, the father was, the others didn't exist. (I renamed them because I'm stupidly neurotic and got worried about stepping on other peoples' toes :P)

...Yup, he's a Scumthorpe alright.
Instructor
Original Poster
#66 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL

OH FUCK ME THAT GUY NEEDS A WAX STAT

Yeah, I saw that guy and just had to get him in to the story somehow. As he left he did change into a suit(No pic sorry). Not that he looked much better mind. Still like a bear trying to be human.

Then of course there was this guy sitting in the back behind the bookshelves:

Moonlight Falls research denies any rumours of an accident in their experimental DNA splicing faucility
Instructor
Original Poster
#67 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:08 PM Last edited by Spiritbw : 16th Feb 2013 at 11:22 PM.
Well, I did say that life in the Killjoy household was...unique. For starters, they are so attracted to each other they will spend any time they are in the house together flirting, holding hands and kissing...pretty much like you'd expect newly-weds to do. So much so that I have to make sure they actually eat, wash and go to sleep at something like a normal time. I want to see what this legacy does but I don't want it dying in the first generation from mooning over each other!

Then they do stuff like this:

YOUR SOUL WILL POWER THIS DEMON BOX

EEEEYAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Oh, and don't think it's one way either.

Mind, obviously the upbringing has tempered Carmella a bit, she looks like she's resigned about the whole thing as she is scared.

They are always scaring each other constantly. What does the adrenaline rush make life together all that more exciting? Or are you two so maladjusted you confuse the flutter of fear with the flutter of love?

Don't answer that......

Dinner conversation is also interesting.

So they're discussing the best way to deal with toxic material and she suggests using it in missiles which he apparently approves of. Riiiight.

Oh, and you know how MighamSmith was going on about his kids keep talking aobut jellyfish? Guess what August was discussing with one of the kids at the beech during summer break?

Ya Ya Cthulhu Fhtagn!
Instructor
Original Poster
#68 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:59 PM
I do. And that's why they have a pet bowl. It's not because they've bought a hellhound, they haven't. It's how they feed their toddlers.

(Crypto has the Genius trait and can find bottles himself, though. And Rick, for all his idiocy, is actually reasonably good at caring for his little green rectal son)

I should ask, where can one find that mod?
Mad Poster
#69 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 12:16 AM
I can't argue there. He looks like one, plus he's got the recurring "can't respond appropriately to Announce Pregnancy" problem that's plagued every single member of the dynasty that's been informed of a pregnancy so far.

An idea for how to work new Scumthorpes like this into the (near-incomprehensible) official family tree, by the way: Though I haven't made any myself, Larry and Sid probably have cousins. Most people do, after all. So feel free to make Scumthorpes related to them that way and then run with it- given that Larry's fathered eight children in total and three of them were born at the same time, it's probably safe to say that the family has a genetic tendency to breed like rats and wind up with many, many distant relatives.

Okay fuck it, I'll make him a Scumthorpe again :P. Ptolemy can be the wife's maiden name and I just hope that's not too confusing.

I was planning on keeping this branch of the family all werewolves and was thinking of who to pair the twin girls up with when they're older, and thought Gator.

...I think Gator's had enough of my game autonomously fucking him about without him dating a Scumthorpe too.
Instructor
Original Poster
#70 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 3:12 AM
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=479364

Here. Personally, I can't play toddlers without it. It makes their autonomy infinitely better.

Thanks. The Killjoys just both rolled to have thier first child. This will probably be much useful.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 6:56 PM
Loving the new avatar, Spiritbw!

Also I think I hate myself. I didn't do any actual playing last night, just building. I am not a good builder. I am probably average at best. My houses turn into blocky boring looking horrors, because I either a) lack imagination and a know-how on making houses look realistic and/or b) get fucking bored.

"I know!" I think to myself, "I'll make a Scumthorpe mansion myself! From scratch! No editing bullshit. On a 64x64 lot!"

So far I have the garage, the layout of the house, kitchen, dining area, indoor swimming pool, small lake, tiny garden (I'm not a fan of huge gardens that take literally all day to tend to) and an outdoor play area for the twins.

Just the garage with cars and the fence around the lot alone cost over 500k.
Fuck.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 8:17 PM
If it's not too late, do not use a foundation! Or at least leave a large area where you can build so you can put stairs to the basement (EA in their infinite stupidity made it incredibly difficult-to-impossible to add stairs to the basement through a foundation). Build the basement ALL FOUR LEVELS using the basement tool, whether you're going to use it right now or not. 62x62! These are Scumthorpes! They need room for secret lairs, secret labs, secret ... stuff! They will need to expand! You can always wall off sections later, or delete parts of the basement to create hallways and areas that are separated on that level but can only be accessed via stairs from above and/or below.

Besides basements are free in edit town. They cost mucho simoleans later. Plus, there's the whole planning-for-stairs thing.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 8:21 PM
Oh don't worry, I rarely use foundations because I fucking hate how difficult it is to get down into a basement in a house with foundations. The only time I've ever managed it was when I shoved in a lift (I made Sims of the kids from The Binding of Isaac, so it was pretty much essential that they sleep in the basement, but wanted them to have a crappy house too and foundations everywhere D:!). EA seem to manage it fine but have made it incredibly hard on the rest of us.

I'm planning on adding a wine cellar with a wine making machine, although I've no idea who will be using it yet. God knows what else will be shoved in XD.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 8:28 PM
Eeeeeexcellent *steepling fingers*.

Your plan, she is coming together.

Scholar
#75 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 8:51 PM
I never build basements. Probably because I've never had one irl. But then, I've never had foundations irl, but I use them all the time...
My next mission, add a basement to my legacy house! When I can afford to decorate the rest, that is...

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Page 3 of 332