Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 8:25 PM
I always play with a single female sim, but I always make her have kids with every single sim and play with the prettiest one. I even turn some female sims into males.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 9:01 PM
My worst habit? Putting legacies on hold so I can develop their stories more. I have about 4 legacies somewhere between Generation 5 and 7 at the moment and none of them are completely abandoned but... On the one hand, it make the sims feel more alive, makes their generation much memorable, and overall is a lot of fun. But the downside is I only get through one or maybe two generations at a time before stopping and it gets overwhelming. I have a legacy that I started in 2012 and it hasn't had any new progress since 2015 because of creative issues like this, though I would never consider it abandoned.

But it's the only way I know how to play; I find rushing through generation after generation to be an extremely boring experience in TS3, at least compared to TS2.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spamaccount
But it's the only way I know how to play; I find rushing through generation after generation to be an extremely boring experience in TS3, at least compared to TS2.

I don't know what counts as playing through a generation...but I know I've never done it. I aged up a toddler to a young adult once, but that's the most I've ever done in terms of aging.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#54 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 6:53 PM
I end up making a whole bunch of sims thinking 'Yeah! I'm totally gonna use this girl in my family! And I can make this guy a werewolf and have them be sibilings! Aw this toddler's cute, it can be the girl's son! Oh but now the toddler needs a grandparent so I'll just make one. Hmm, maybe the cute toddler should have an aunt too... I'll make a wife for the werewolf!" And then four hours later, once I've made and dressed them all, I end up just saving them to the bin and using none of them!

EDIT: Every time I actually do get to the part where I move my sims in, I edit town from their starter home and build a mansion thinking 'Once they get jobs and earn money, they can move into this house!' and it never happens. I just end up getting a slightly bigger house that doesn't cost nearly 500k simoleons like the mansion that took me three hours to build!

It's a never ending cycle... :P
Forum Resident
#55 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 7:01 PM
I can't let my Sims age I'll spend so much time creating them and building up their careers and relationships. And at some point I'm always so attached to them that I can't let them age because they'll change and then die. So I either play the same family with the same life stage for a long time or I'll keep them as they are and start a new family (and start the same cycle all over again).

I started my first legacy challenge a few months ago (I'm on generation 4 or 5) and it was so painful During every new life stage I have to pick out new hair styles and outfits and figure out how I want to play them.
Site Helper
#56 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I don't know what counts as playing through a generation...but I know I've never done it. I aged up a toddler to a young adult once, but that's the most I've ever done in terms of aging.

That's better than I've done. I have my aging on Epic lifespan with everything except Baby bumped up to the maximum duration. (Baby is 2 days. You can't even wash them in the sink anymore. Or sing a lullaby.)

I had one toddler age up to child before that save died. And I've aged one Immortal young adult (vampire) to adult so he could start working on the Kama Simtra challenges that involve younger sims, but he's got a Young Again potion in reserve for when he can go back to being a young adult again.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#57 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 8:05 AM
I just looked and I have taken over 28000 pics of my legacy family I played!!!! And then there are all the other pics of worlds and lots and......yikes! I also am a CC junkie. I dare not figure out how much I have. I know I had over 40000 in 2 and bet I have more for 3!
Mad Poster
#58 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 5:01 PM
I have built a few houses and then the sims are irritated as they cannot enter them. Oh, you need some front steps? And I have had no steps to low piers and had sims not like that either. Picky. Picky! LOL
Alchemist
#59 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 10:13 AM
I try not to plan sims' lives in advance and only use wishes and traits to build their stories, but I inevitably end up "intervening" too much because they either roll the same wishes and it gets boring, or I do make a story in my head and force them into it.

Also after taking thousands of screenshots in the past I've now fallen into the opposite extreme and barely take any. It gets confusing whenever I go through my Excel file with legacies and can't remember the sims, and don't have any pics of them.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Inventor
#60 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 12:23 PM
I spend too much time creating sim, decorate their homes and plan their story... then to play for two mins and get bored. I also never get a complete neighbourhood because I spend too much time on details on each lot. Oh and I can't play without CC or all buildings being my own with their own personal style, that also have to suit the town.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 4:47 PM
Minmaxing the game to create sims with godly skills
Keep resetting their lifespan so they never gets old
Been generous & hand out ambrosia & young again potions to all their dying friends
Save got bloated & EXTREMELY laggy
stopped playing that save & make a new game
Do it all over again...
I need help...
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 7:18 PM
I'm surprised how many people don't/rarely age up their sims, that's one of the most fun parts for me!
My bad habit is that for some reason I almost exclusively play female sims (they're just prettier?), always choosing the girls to be the heir for legacy games and the moms are usually single or live with a friend/sister/girlfriend... Trying to change that in my current legacy though, I plan to pick a male heir next generation.
Alchemist
#63 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel
I'm surprised how many people don't/rarely age up their sims, that's one of the most fun parts for me!
My bad habit is that for some reason I almost exclusively play female sims (they're just prettier?), always choosing the girls to be the heir for legacy games and the moms are usually single or live with a friend/sister/girlfriend... Trying to change that in my current legacy though, I plan to pick a male heir next generation.

I find myself getting bored if a sim if they spend too much time in a single life stage, so aging up is definitely a welcome event!
And I agree on playing female sims, though I blame that on the many, many GBs of CC for females, while male sims don't really see much variety.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
I find myself getting bored if a sim if they spend too much time in a single life stage, so aging up is definitely a welcome event!
And I agree on playing female sims, though I blame that on the many, many GBs of CC for females, while male sims don't really see much variety.

I wouldn't mind if someone could solve my lagging problems, I do fancy an idea of basement filled with urns as my sim famiy passes on from generations to generations, but the save got unbearibly laggy for that to happen. Imagine how the game lags & when it starts to get moving again, it was already 4 game hours gone!
Instructor
#65 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 3:50 PM
I, too, hate to age up my Sims, and I don't like to play with Storyprogression on unless it's to make the townies have babies. It's weird because in Sims 2 I'd get to like, generation 15. In Sims 3 I think the furthest I've made it is 3 generations. In my Strangetown file all the original Sims are elders/dead except for my favorite family, the Curious-Goth family. I even planned on turning Bella into a vampire so that she'd live forever, hah. I also have a terrible habit of hating my Sims' kids? Like, they just completely lack any spark or personality for me. I love your parents, not you, kid! Once the parents age up and die, I have their kid that I have nothing to do with, because I accomplished whatever I was going for with the original Sims I created. Ah, it's a terrible cycle.
#66 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 11:52 PM
I never really care about how to make attractive houses and just make enormous boxes to fit all the stuff I want to give them.
Scholar
#67 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
I never really care about how to make attractive houses and just make enormous boxes to fit all the stuff I want to give them.

I try to build nice houses and halfway through I'm like F this and just plop stuff here and there until I call it done. A reason why I don't submit a whole lot to this site.
Icy Spicy
#68 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 12:36 PM
Well my worst habit is that I never play through a generation! Infact I have actually stopped procreation completely in my game for played sims! My sims do not need those smelly brats so no 'try for baby' or 'risky woohoo' for me . Now its only skilling and bar hopping for my sims!
Field Researcher
#69 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 2:09 PM
I too build half a house then give up and just quickly finish the rest and the result is questionable. I also get bored when my generation 1 can finally afford that house and have settled in and kids start to happen. Suddenly I find myself just... wanting to try to build somewhere else, make a new family with other traits... I repeat this cycle a lot.
Scholar
#70 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 2:32 PM
- Has an idea for a small world
- Takes a week to edit said small world
- plays in small world for 15 minutes
- Has a new and better idea for small world
- trashes small world that took a week to edit
- begins editing small world
Site Helper
#71 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 3:02 PM
One that I've finally overcome:
Building a lot and calling it finished. Dropping it into the Lots bin and then, after playing with it, discovering that I've got furniture that is either backward or blocked. And in Sims 2 I was pretty good at pools where the sims would jump off the diving board and get lost in the pool before they could find the ladder. It really was there, and they could be directed to it. But they couldn't find it on their own.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#72 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 9:39 PM
I've got a few bad habits. Like some of you, I also will randomly stop playing with a household and switch to another, leaving that save unplayed for months on end. Also, and I do see this was already brought up, but I wind up doing more CC hunting than playing most times. I spend more time looking around and taking pictures than actually playing. My big thing though is probably that I'll go out of my way to torment a sim if they do something to the sims I like/am playing. I've had many a witch set someone's porch on fire because they picked a fight or even just heckled them randomly. I'm getting better about all this, but I certainly haven't stopped doing them.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I have built a few houses and then the sims are irritated as they cannot enter them. Oh, you need some front steps? And I have had no steps to low piers and had sims not like that either. Picky. Picky! LOL

I did not feel so bad when playing 4 the other day and I was playing a cool restaurant I downloaded. Sent my sim to use the ladies room twice and she would not go there. I looked, and no step to get there. I felt better that I am not the only one who misses that at times! LOL
Forum Resident
#74 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 2:20 AM
- I always have love triangles
- I always have rich 1%er Sims, even if they aren't in my active family
- I always painstakingly set up my worlds to include the faintest details
- I am obsessed with generations, to the point where I will spend hours creating ancestors for Sims even if I am not going to play said ancestors.
- I abuse NRAAS Traveler to the point where my game almost breaks (or sometimes does break)
- I usually have my Sims eventually develop romances with their childhood best friends
- All of the male Sims that I create have chiseled jawlines. It's a serious problem.
- I will go to extreme lengths to try to get the game get my Sims together instead of me forcing it.
- My main character Sim is always a hopeless romantic because the above seems easier when they have that trait.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 7:27 AM
Got the same habit as pretty much everyone else here. I also have so many saves but i just don't have a heart to delete any one of them. Got too attached. They took up lots of space on my computer so i was kinda relieved when my brother accidentally deleted my previous saves. But now it's full of saves again. I can't even get to 2nd generation when i get bored and just have to do something different, like medieval or zombie apocalypse. And then they get boring as well. Will the cycle never end??

Also, does anyone else just forget to save after a long period and then, conveniently, the game crashes and you get so mad that you won't touch that household for days, or weeks, or never?
Page 3 of 9