Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 4:11 PM
Default i bought two expansion packs and now i want to die
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 4:28 PM
The amazing thing is that millions of players have purchased two or more EPs in the past and have gone on to lead perfectly happy and productive lives following such a purchase. Or so the rumors go. Perhaps you could expand a bit on what the problem is?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ribbonista

Well.. don't die.
Which expansion packs did this to you?

Wait... Why is there an image in the quote? I didn't put that there.
Huh. Imaged doesn't show up in the "Preview" either. It's a picture of Walter White face down ...
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 5:05 PM
Must have been Katy Perry edition Showtime and the Sweet Treats pack.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 5:38 PM
I know that feeling all too well, I've had it at least a dozen times now. Which packs did you buy?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Alchemist
#6 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
...the Sweet Treats pack.

Yep, that will do it. Everytime.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 10:04 PM
oh the packs are great i just have no self control with my MO-NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE---
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Must have been Katy Perry edition Showtime and the Sweet Treats pack.

Diabeetus
Theorist
#9 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 11:34 PM
Want to die?? How do you think the people who bought Ts4 feel?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Well how much are these packs these days? $5? That should be alright.

nah man they're retailing on origin for a full 30 bucks! i'm really anal about having the digital copies on my origin and i'm too dumb to wait for a sale to pop up hahahah
Site Helper
#13 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 3:51 PM
if people will pay that much, they will charge that much.

And considering that they were 50 dollars when they were first released, EA probably considers 30 dollars to be a bargain bin price.

(And yes, 5 dollars would be a better price, as long as it doesn't ship with patch 1.69)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#14 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 4:23 PM
I agree, the prices are crazy. I keep checking Origin hoping they'll have some sale on something which they do once in awhile.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 4:39 PM
That's why I buy on sale at Steam: 5$, no 1.69.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj

tfw you're part of the problem but at least u get to play with mermaids : (
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 8:06 PM

And considering that they were 50 dollars when they were first released, EA probably considers 30 dollars to be a bargain bin price.

(And yes, 5 dollars would be a better price, as long as it doesn't ship with patch 1.69)

Steam sale - $5 each. Picked up all the EPs during summer sale, all the SPs at the Halloween sale.
Version 1.67 too. Takes a bit of Register editing to get CAW to work, and a re download of paid DCC to get that to work, but WORTH IT.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 8:18 PM
And considering that they were 50 dollars when they were first released

They were never 50 dollars, they were 40. I also noticed they were sold here for €30, whereas TS4's packs go for €40 by default. So first you paid $35 for a TS3 pack, now you pay $47 for a TS4 one. What a ripoff.
Though I paid $3.50 for City Living and I will never not brag about that.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#19 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
That ain't right. They shouldn't be selling such outdated old games at that price, even without sales. Greedy EA.

Outdated and old? If it still runs (at all), then it's a well-maintained antique and should demand 3x the price of something new and shiny. It has history and character now.

Well, that kind of thing works with cars anyway so I've been told...
Instructor
#20 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Want to die?? How do you think the people who bought Ts4 feel?

Mostly I feel like I want to inexplicably become a billionaire so I can commission my own damn Life Simulator. Because I recognise the signs and know that The Sims is going to do a Dead Space. That is to say EA is going to say "There is no longer a market" when it's terrible decisions reduce it's anticipated money gains then it's going to screw over everyone who brown-nosed it's poor decisions for doing what they were told firing them for "failure" then it's going to finish up it's dinner with Bioware (Bioware is on the plate not eating with EA) then it's going to get started on that new studio it bought out.

Essentially I feel cynical, I can see into forever and I'm acutely aware that the outcome I want for myself is only available through obscene piles of money, money that if I actually acquired it would likely corrupt my soul and make me forget myself thereby negating the luck of coming into it to begin with. Then again maybe I'm just projecting when I assume EA executives had souls at some point.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 7:56 AM
That's exactly what I did with the final 2 EPs needed to complete my set. *hint* *HINT* *Can you hear me now?* Happy Holidays

I must have an OCD obsession to have a complete set, and I have Katy Perry Sweet Treats to prove it (pre-ordered too). When I send my Sims to the Utopian Future, they all wear Sweet Treats (and it works!)
Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
Mostly I feel like I want to inexplicably become a billionaire so I can commission my own damn Life Simulator

Not if I beat you to it.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
That is to say EA is going to say "There is no longer a market" when it's terrible decisions reduce it's anticipated money gains then it's going to screw over everyone who brown-nosed it's poor decisions for doing what they were told firing them for "failure" then it's going to finish up it's dinner with Bioware (Bioware is on the plate not eating with EA) then it's going to get started on that new studio it bought out.

That's my nightmare too... NO Sims 5 because EA did a terrible job on Sims 4 (targeting smartphones or MMPO or something...) and then say there's no market for Sims 5, when really there's no market for a crappy version of sims.

So, I'll go along playing Sims 3, and then Microsoft will push another involuntary Windows 10 update and at the end of the update it will say that they deleted Sims 3 because it is no longer compatible.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:43 PM
The problem with The Sims nowadays is that the target audience is completely wrong. TS2 was aimed at a relatively mature audience, and it wasn't easy to run on 2004 hardware so it had a certain appeal to high end gamers too. TS3 took the same general direction but made it more accessible. But TS4 has gone in a completely different direction, clearly inspired by the age of smartphones and mobile gaming.
One thing that all good, full-priced, major video game titles have in common is that they're not aimed at a casual audience. Casual audiences don't like big, immersive games with high sysreqs, and TS4 is designed to run on the same systems TS3 was supposed to run on in 2009. TS2, on the other hand, wasn't aiming for the lowest common denominator.

So for a Sims game to be truly good, it has to be hard to run and it has to have a really elaborate graphics settings menu. Preferably one where you can't see all the options at once because there's too many of them. GTA V did this really well.

So if I ever end up with 100 million dollars to spend on a Sims game, I'll make sure you'll be able to individually pick all the minor graphical effects. And if you're one of those people who hates it when some options go up to ULTRA while some others only go up to VERY HIGH, I have good news for you: mine will all go up to MAXIMUM. It's the thing that comes after VERY ULTRA. And there will not only be dropdown menus, checkboxes and radio buttons, but also sliders.

insert signature here
Page 1 of 2