Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 1:21 PM
Default WCIF - Fur Coat accessory?
Hi Guyssssss,
I was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a fur jacket (as accessory), maybe like this (even tho it's for ts4)

Thankyouuuu xoxoxo
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 3:16 PM
I could not open the link you provided to see what you are looking for but perhaps one of these are useful:

Jon Snow by jelly-nick as the fur coat as an accessory:
Jon Snow by Jelly-Nick

The are Fur Jackets/Coats (not as accessories)
Fur Coats by OleSims
Instructor
#3 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 5:12 PM
Scholar
#4 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 7:00 PM
I tried to convert this, but I have issue - parts that should be transparent, are black. So the project right now is in dead zone...unless someone would help me.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
I tried to convert this, but I have issue - parts that should be transparent, are black. So the project right now is in dead zone...unless someone would help me.

Are you making it in TSRW? Did you changed texture of the "transparency map"?
If you did those, you will also need to edit the mesh in s3pe: https://youtu.be/nFbDVvYyyOY?t=10m5s
You can message me here or on tumblr if you need

Another accessory fur jacket:
http://modish-kitten.net/sims3/shop/female/aftops.php
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
Here's a fixed link for what OP is looking for: http://mysims4blog.blogspot.co.uk/2...y-marigold.html

Thanks very much for the link @orose. Guess I was way off the mark with my suggestions
Scholar
#7 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 7:53 AM Last edited by Nemiga : 31st Jan 2018 at 12:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by venusprincess100
Are you making it in TSRW? Did you changed texture of the "transparency map"?
If you did those, you will also need to edit the mesh in s3pe: https://youtu.be/nFbDVvYyyOY?t=10m5s
You can message me here or on tumblr if you need

Yes, I did transparency map for jacket. In milkshape and tsrw everything looks good,but I didn't know that I have to edit mesh in s3pe. Maybe this is the case. Will see..

Edit:

Holy simoly,it works ! Doesn't look marvelous but it's okay. Thank you so much @venusprincess100

Now there is the thing - I need add morphs to it, cuz it hasn't them right now.I read somewhere that for clothing acc morphs can be added the same way as clothes, right?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 12:16 PM
Now there is the thing - I need add morphs to it, cuz it hasn't them right now.I read somewhere that for clothing acc morphs can be added the same way as clothes, right?

Yes, you can add morphs to accessories. The way I do it is by using CmarNYC's CAS Mesh Toolkit to auto-assign morphs
http://modthesims.info/d/481950
It takes the morphs from a previously morphed mesh and uses it as a reference base to automatically create morphs for your own mesh. It's amazing. Does the same with adding joints.

In TSRW you can clone a regular EA jacket top, export the high level detail mesh .wso, import it into the Toolkit in the Auto Tools for WSO in the Reference Mesh section. Then import your custom .wso in the WSO Mesh to Modify section. Click Create Morph MeshGroups, let it do its thing, and viola!
Scholar
#9 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
Yes, you can add morphs to accessories. The way I do it is by using CmarNYC's CAS Mesh Toolkit to auto-assign morphs
http://modthesims.info/d/481950
It takes the morphs from a previously morphed mesh and uses it as a reference base to automatically create morphs for your own mesh. It's amazing. Does the same with adding joints.

In TSRW you can clone a regular EA jacket top, export the high level detail mesh .wso, import it into the Toolkit in the Auto Tools for WSO in the Reference Mesh section. Then import your custom .wso in the WSO Mesh to Modify section. Click Create Morph MeshGroups, let it do its thing, and viola!

Yes I know this, but problem is that after this I can't import mesh back. Error tab says: wrong number of groups, expected 1 found 5.

So right now I guess I leave it be as it is. Anyway it's not big deal, cuz sim have to be super fat or muscular to get thought the mesh
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 1:35 PM
Yes I know this, but problem is that after this I can't import mesh back. Error tab says: wrong number of groups, expected 1 found 5.

So right now I guess I leave it be as it is. Anyway it's not big deal, cuz sim have to be super fat or muscular to get thought the mesh

You need to clone a morphed acc in tsrw, like the late night female chocker (af accessory necklace ep3 choker velvet)
Morphed accessories started showing up in late night and world adventures, so you need one of those.

Do it like murfee said, and then when making the acc in tsrw, clone the chocker (that will have 5 groups).

If the jacket is high poly the morphs might not work in game, it might make the jacket distorced.
Also, if it's high poly, it's best to don't make all lods, since it will give more changes of distorcion or mesh explod
Scholar
#11 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 2:31 PM Last edited by Nemiga : 1st Feb 2018 at 6:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by venusprincess100
You need to clone a morphed acc in tsrw, like the late night female chocker (af accessory necklace ep3 choker velvet)
Morphed accessories started showing up in late night and world adventures, so you need one of those.

Do it like murfee said, and then when making the acc in tsrw, clone the chocker (that will have 5 groups).

If the jacket is high poly the morphs might not work in game, it might make the jacket distorced.
Also, if it's high poly, it's best to don't make all lods, since it will give more changes of distorcion or mesh explod

Is 10k of polly's for such acc would be considered as too high?
And I tried to clone a morphed acc in tsrw, but it gives me another error - I can't import lod0 I guess this somehow related to polly high, cuz other lods imported well.I tried to reduce polly's of lod0, but it still gives me error and I don't want to reduce more, cuz mesh turns into pile of poo..

To be honest, I'm tired of all processes those morphs are pain in the ass and I'm pretty happy with result so far -

Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:44 PM
Is 10k of polly's for such acc would be considered as too high?
And I tried to clone a morphed acc in tsrw, but it gives me another error - I can't import lod0 I guess this somehow related to polly high, cuz other lods imported well.I tried to reduce polly's of lod0, but it still gives me error and I don't want to reduce more, cuz mesh turns into pile of poo..

To be honest, I'm tired of all processes those morphs are pain in the ass and I'm pretty happy with result so far -

Sent you a private message, so we don't interrupt the wcif forum xD
Scholar
#13 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 6:28 PM
I finished project with this jacket. Sadly, due some issues I can't add morphs. Don't judge me hard, it's first time when I'm converting clothing accessories
Here is the link for those, who are interested - http://simfileshare.net/download/438427/

Things you need to know:
- Acc jacket is by Merigold . All credits goes to her.
- Jacket have 2 lods (level of detail) - very high and high. Lod0 - a bit over 10k. of polly's.
- It may look a bit weird in CAS, but in game it looks okay (as you can see in screenshots above).
- Jacket can be found in Accessories somewhere between rings. It is set to appear in everyday, formal and outwear accssesories.
- Like I mentioned, jacket doesn't have morphs, so keep in mind that overweight and very muscular simmies doesn't look good with it. I'm
sorry.

And I have to say big thanks to venusprincess100 and murfee for giving me a great tips I bet they help me in future projects
Theorist
#14 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:26 PM
I think it looks great. Nice work!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 12:31 AM
You did an EXCELLENT job, OP. I took the liberty of adding the morphs for you (plus yes, your mesh was too high poly for TSRW; it crashed on me a few times, so I lowered the polys from 31k to 18k.)
Here is a picture tutorial of the steps: http://murfeelee.tumblr.com/private...hw151fww1saihkv
Do you want the link to the morphed version? You should try doing it yourself though, so you know how to make more accessories.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:22 AM
Default Thankyou so much ♥
I finished project with this jacket. Sadly, due some issues I can't add morphs. Don't judge me hard, it's first time when I'm converting clothing accessories
Here is the link for those, who are interested - http://simfileshare.net/download/438427/

Things you need to know:
- Acc jacket is by Merigold . All credits goes to her.
- Jacket have 2 lods (level of detail) - very high and high. Lod0 - a bit over 10k. of polly's.
- It may look a bit weird in CAS, but in game it looks okay (as you can see in screenshots above).
- Jacket can be found in Accessories somewhere between rings. It is set to appear in everyday, formal and outwear accssesories.
- Like I mentioned, jacket doesn't have morphs, so keep in mind that overweight and very muscular simmies doesn't look good with it. I'm
sorry.

And I have to say big thanks to venusprincess100 and murfee for giving me a great tips I bet they help me in future projects

Thankyouuuuuuuu so much, I acc love you... and your profile pic
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 1:36 PM
You did an EXCELLENT job, OP. I took the liberty of adding the morphs for you (plus yes, your mesh was too high poly for TSRW; it crashed on me a few times, so I lowered the polys from 31k to 18k.)
Here is a picture tutorial of the steps: http://murfeelee.tumblr.com/private...hw151fww1saihkv
Do you want the link to the morphed version? You should try doing it yourself though, so you know how to make more accessories.

You're amazing!! I kept getting an error when trying to import lod 1 -.- I figured it was too much polys xD
Good you thing you got it with morphs :D
Scholar
#18 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Nemiga : 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:59 PM.

Thanks for the tutorial.And I did all but, like you notice, there was too much polly's, that's why I can't import mesh back. But how did you get 31k of polly's?Do you get that count when you added morphs? And how you lowered polly's without destroying a mesh? 13k quite a thing.

And yes, I would like to get download link. Actually you could put this here, so people who want version with morhps, could download it
Mad Poster
#19 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:09 AM Last edited by murfee : 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:24 AM.
Here's the morphed version: http://simfileshare.net/download/k0...BLa8WcNJROr9M6/

In TSRW's Mesh tab under each Group they give you the Vertices count, and the overall Polys count (which I THINK is Vertices + Faces but IDEK). All I know is that if the Polys number goes over 30k TSRW freaks out.
It's best to not have it go over 10k for each LOD if you can help it, that way you can use ~10k in the MLD and ~10k in the LLD -- since the cap is 30k total. (This helps with rendering in-game as well, especially if you're using CC hairs that go into the 30k region all on their own -- and a lot of them do, these days. That's an awful lot of polys to render for just one sim.)

To lower the polys on your meshes (essential for making the Medium/Low Level Detail meshes) follow the steps in Milkshape here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...#Make_your_LODS
Scholar
#20 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:03 AM
I guess at this point, it would be smarter not to make all lods for such accessories.That would help to avoid high amount of polly's. And yes I know how to make lods When I'm making things, I usully do this (reduce polly's with DirectX Mesh Tool) - lod0 -100 %, lod1- 70 %, lod2 - 50% and lod3 - 20 %.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:37 PM
Oh ok. I was under the impression that you didn't know, based on your previous question.

And how you lowered polly's without destroying a mesh? 13k quite a thing.

So you're good then! XD Just keep using the DirectXTool, yup.

I guess at this point, it would be smarter not to make all lods for such accessories. That would help to avoid high amount of polly's.

Agreed -- sometimes it's just not worth it making the MLD and LLD -- you can just keep EA's necklace, earring, watch, or whatever you cloned, if it'll save on poly counts. I did that, too.
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 5:30 AM
hi there, im a newbie here. is the morph the actual cc itself or does it need another file to work? im so confused V.V
Mad Poster
#23 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 9:59 AM
Hi, welcome!
The non-morphed version is basegame; the morphed version requires the Supernatural EP.
Morphs are just good to have if you plan on using the jacket on a bigger sim -- the non-morph version fits the standard size of most sims.
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 4:10 AM
that is so strange, i have the supernatural EP but the cc refuses to show up in game.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 3:19 PM
Know what? I just looked at the package in S3PE, and realized the species had accidentally been set to Dogs.
I changed the species & updated the DL file https://simfileshare.net/download/k...BLa8WcNJROr9M6/ -- it should hopefully show up now -- 10 months after the fact.
Thanks for noticing the cc didn't work, and asking about it; otherwise I'd've never known.
Page 1 of 2