Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 8:01 PM
About time. No, really - I didn't think they ever gonna release it. Not that I cared, but I believe it might been the only iteration without the (re)introduction of it. Though I'm kinda a bit bumped that I don't see any logo of a pond too.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 8:04 PM
Fucking finally. Way to go Gurus. Glad their claims of it not being possible with their "new foundation" was also bullshit.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#28 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 8:12 PM
Yeah. I'm sure the fandom will bow down after it's release, which is a good thing. See what you can get for putting hard work and going over boundaries over "it's not possible" tales of your own.

Mad Poster
#29 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Yeah. I'm sure the fandom will bow down after it's release, which is a good thing. See what you can get for putting hard work and going over boundaries over "it's not possible" tales of your own.

Let's not "bow down" just yet. TS4 is making strides but they still got a ways to go before reclaiming all the lost good will between them and the community.

Scholar
#31 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
Who wants to be a... style influence? What even is that? Sounds like one of those professions created for people without any actual skills.

They're just writing what they know.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Instructor
#32 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
Who wants to be a... style influence? What even is that? Sounds like one of those professions created for people without any actual skills.

I don't think it's a bad decision. I mean personally I would only use it to fix the horrible horrible townies lol that's what I did in that career in the sims 3. And I do like the idea of the digital "easel". I will be able to take my artistic sims around town to paint more sims lol I guess the name doesn't give it justice. But I'm sure they didn't want to take the same name from the sims 3 lol
Instructor
#33 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

Is it?

I'm just saying, this feature used to be a given. Now they're being praised for choosing to continue that practice instead of reducing the features we receive without payment. Weird, undeserved, yet effective. Much of Sims 4 is like that: they withhold a feature and yet earn more recognition when they finally decide to include it. Then we stand here, a patch update adds nothing new to the Sims franchise as a whole and instead only repairs a missing feature that Sims 3 had and Sims 4 didn't, and yet we sit here and praise them as if they've been working overtime to give us brave new features that've never been done before.
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
Is it?

I'm just saying, this feature used to be a given. Now they're being praised for choosing to continue that practice instead of reducing the features we receive without payment. Weird, undeserved, yet effective. Much of Sims 4 is like that: they withhold a feature and yet earn more recognition when they finally decide to include it. Then we stand here, a patch update adds nothing new to the Sims franchise as a whole and instead only repairs a missing feature that Sims 3 had and Sims 4 didn't, and yet we sit here and praise them as if they've been working overtime to give us brave new features that've never been done before.

That's what I said when the pools arrived. I still believe it was a marketing strategy.

What are they doing to the Sims, man? This is so sad.
Instructor
#35 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 6:12 AM
Is it?

Great point. Makes me want to take my comment earlier back because I didn't really think about it that way. I guess the idea of bringing the career back isnt bad but acting like it a new feature is another thing. Especially when it was in Ts3 and apparently came to the mobile game as well (?)

This really does feel like deja vu though... Makes me wonder what they're going to do next...burglars, Firefighters?...hmmm...
Scholar
#36 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 9:28 AM
Is it?

Not just Sims 3 but Sims 2 and even Sims 1 had the terrain tools as well so they were there since the beginning. Not sure why it had taken them this long to implement it in this version while stuff like burglars,carpools and rideable vehicles are still MIA.
Scholar
#38 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 10:02 AM
I just watched the stream because I missed it yesterday, and I'm laughing out loud at the way they announced it. The whole Sims 4 part of the stream was actually really funny. 😂

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#39 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 12:57 PM
Is it?

Now tht you mentioned it, it isn't. Although it's better than nothing If they're at least attempting to restore the lost features to recreate an identical game to previous iterations for the remainder of the following three years of development. However yes, they don't know a thing about 'innovation', which saddens me when I think about it. Some credit is due, they could have just left it out, making the first game without such tool. Though that doesn't mean they have a long way to go. Four years in and it's still the most contrversial sequal up to day. We know for certain that something will be left out after it ends.

I guess there's part of me that lingers that wants to find a bright side to these years (although ith the lack of interest and boredom in these "news") when it's dragging so long.

Scholar
#40 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 3:29 PM
I'm worried it will create more routing errors :/

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 4:14 PM
i'm more upset that the pond tool is still missing. Sure, I can make swimmable pond-like pools with mods and some heavy moveobjects cheating, but I want my sim to have their own private fishing pond!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#43 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zuperbuu
i'm more upset that the pond tool is still missing. Sure, I can make swimmable pond-like pools with mods and some heavy moveobjects cheating, but I want my sim to have their own private fishing pond!
I thought that was pondage in the new pictures?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#44 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 9:42 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Oct 2018 at 9:56 PM.
And here they go again, re-introducing (read: Getting their behinds together and stuff something they claimed was "not possible" into TS4 way later than it should have been in the game) something that was shipped with the basegame in the previous games. I hope it's a free update, like toddlers and pools, or they're not even trying.

I also hope for players' sake that the terrain tool shown in the picture is a work in progress, because those stripes look awful.

(Haven't played TS4 since January last year - mostly due to computer/game issues, but also because I get bored easily with the game. I still prefer TS2 and TS3 over TS1.5 (also known as TS4) and I doubt that'll change anytime soon.)

Also (edit after post below) - yay for completely disrupting most scripts/hacks? I thought TS3 was bad when it comes to compability, but TS4 is taking the cake. At the very least they do have the decency to warn players beforehand, but still...
Scholar
#45 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 9:47 PM
Forum Resident
#46 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deestar
They just posted this new info for modders http://simscommunity.info/2018/10/0...python-upgrade/

"This change is going to affect ALL script mods meaning that since November they’ll completely stop functioning."

Scholar
#47 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
"This change is going to affect ALL script mods meaning that since November they’ll completely stop functioning."

Luckily I only use Neia's No Culling, UI Cheats, and Selliato's Functional Canvas Rack
Instructor
#48 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 10:43 PM Last edited by Mspigglypooh : 3rd Oct 2018 at 10:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Deestar
They just posted this new info for modders http://simscommunity.info/2018/10/0...python-upgrade/

Heres the direct link from the OF for those curious to what some modders are saying.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...ing-soon#latest

I have to say this is scary as I use MCCC... I mean I've played a vanilla game before, but I don't like being too evasive with my sims. I tend to focus more on one family. I can only image how much if an impact it will have on those who solely depend on script mods to play their game...
Field Researcher
#49 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 12:28 AM
Just want to point out not to be these type of person
https://twitter.com/Gaatito/status/1047189746873786368
https://twitter.com/thegiolden/stat...195694422007808
*2014*Sad no terrain tools
*2018*Spent a lot of time to create something that has been in sims 3, how innovative

Seriously People whine when something is missing from previous franchise. Then whine for spending a lot of time for something that has been in previous game.
Praise for modders to create fashion career, but whine when sims team finally managed to implement fashion career that was high on demand.

I'm pleased that they keep revamping sims 4 base game (for free) to compete with previous iteration, but seeing people being rude because they improved sims 4 really drove me nuts.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kompaktive
Just want to point out not to be these type of person
https://twitter.com/Gaatito/status/1047189746873786368
https://twitter.com/thegiolden/stat...195694422007808
*2014*Sad no terrain tools
*2018*Spent a lot of time to create something that has been in sims 3, how innovative

Seriously People whine when something is missing from previous franchise. Then whine for spending a lot of time for something that has been in previous game.
Praise for modders to create fashion career, but whine when sims team finally managed to implement fashion career that was high on demand.

I'm pleased that they keep revamping sims 4 base game (for free) to compete with previous iteration, but seeing people being rude because they improved sims 4 really drove me nuts.

Rude as posts like that may be, I kinda sympathize with the second one since it isn't the first time they brought back something that honestly should have been in the base game from the start, and expect a pat on the back for it. Like I said before, this game created a lot of bad blood between the devs and a big chunk of the community. And, unfortunately, it's gonna take more than bringing back the features they'd been asking for for years to completely win back people's trust. It doesn't help that a lot of these returning features (whether they're base features or not) come with a big catch. There's almost always "but" now. We got CASt back, BUT it's only for pets. We got apartments back, BUT you can't build any, yourself, and they can only be used in the City. We got terrain tools back, BUT there doesn't seem to be a bond and you can't pain the sides of your hills. Pools and Toddlers were the perfect example of what we should have been getting. They not only brought them back, but actually made them better (though neither of them should have been gone in the first place).

Bitching about the new career is dumb though. Lord knows we need as many of those as we can get.

Page 2 of 4