PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial - Using Wizards of SimPE to create a basic recolour

$RaMRoM$
9th Jul 2007, 4:33 PM
Hey Everybody!

This is a begginer tutorial on a useful tool that comes with SimPE called "Wizards of SimPE"
Im gonna teach you how to make a recolor for an object using the Wizard and Photoshop CS2(or your photo Editing Program)

Thanks for the moderator who moved it :) (Thanks)

You need:
1- SimPE's Wizard (http://sims.ambertation.de/) - when you go to the download page i recommend the Full SimPE Download (The light may not have the Wizard)
2- PhotoShop CS2 (http://www.adobe.com/) - Or your image editing program (im not going to include so much information on using photoshop
3- NVidia DDS Utilities (http://developer.nvidia.com/object/dds_utilities_legacy.html) - For adding the texture :)

1- Click on Start--> All Programs--> SimPE--> Wizards of SimPE

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/RaMRoM_photos/Wizard/1.jpg

2- (If you got the tools before and located them using SimPE then skip step 2&3) Click Options

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/RaMRoM_photos/Wizard/2.jpg

3- and in the third box use browse to search for The nvdxt.exe in the DDS folder, when you find them... click close and Click Recolors

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/RaMRoM_photos/Wizard/3.jpg

4- Wait till the objects loads and then click on the table icon and find this counter and click next

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/RaMRoM_photos/Wizard/4.jpg

5- Select all the boxes then select the first image and click next, then wait

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/RaMRoM_photos/Wizard/5.jpg

6- When it loads select the first texture and click export and export the image to you tutorial folder, do the same to the other one.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/RaMRoM_photos/Wizard/6.jpg

7- Minimize the wizard and open PhotoShop, open the first image

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/RaMRoM_photos/Wizard/10.jpg

8- Use the Hue Stautration tool to change the colors, i recommend changing the one above only (The White texture) :)
9- Do the Same to the other texture
10- To the second texture (The Dirty one) you might wanna need to add some more dirty texture!, you can use this brush

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/RaMRoM_photos/Wizard/11.jpg

11- Now save, go back to the wizard and select each image and choose import, and import your images

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/RaMRoM_photos/Wizard/13.jpg

12- Click next and choose your package name

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/RaMRoM_photos/Wizard/14.jpg

13- Go to your downloads folder and you will find it there!
14- Start the game and check it
15- Click the thanks button and write a comment! :p , All questions are welcome!

Have Fun!

----------
Tutorials:Using_Wizards_of_SimPE_to_create_a_basic_recolour

NTonks11
18th Sep 2008, 8:25 PM
Thanks!

nisayat
20th Sep 2008, 7:39 PM
Thanks! This made it so easy to recolor some maxis candles to match my walls.

des-demmonia
23rd Sep 2008, 7:48 AM
wow thanks!

Pema
29th Sep 2008, 11:32 AM
Wow thanks SO much :D That helped a bunch!

xXVampireSimXx
6th Oct 2008, 7:05 PM
*Hugs* Thanks! Now I can make those xmSims matress recolors!

19SIM96
12th Oct 2008, 5:12 AM
:( Okay, I need help. After you go to that SimPE place, it doesn't show you the SimPE downloads. You really need to show pictures of that. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, OH, PLEASE...........help me. :cry: :help:

Lethe_s
12th Oct 2008, 8:52 AM
19Sim96,
just click on Downloads in the top bar, then agree with the disclaimer and scroll down
it will link you to sourceforge, where the package is hosted.

robotchicken16
12th Oct 2008, 8:04 PM
Thanks!! :rofl:

Uniqueness
23rd Oct 2008, 6:24 PM
Can't find Lockerfeet one.

jordysims1707
24th Oct 2008, 5:59 PM
could someon please tell me where i could download this SIMPE thing because i dont know where to if you could help i would be very grateful

omgrawr213
25th Oct 2008, 3:03 AM
what do you mean "tutorials folder"?

EDIT:
nevermind sorry i got it now. :]

Thanks a lot!!

[merged 2 posts]

Guardgian
1st Nov 2008, 4:39 PM
could someon please tell me where i could download this SIMPE thing because i dont know where to if you could help i would be very grateful

Go on this site : sims.ambertation.de/en/download/realdownload
click on the download butto on the top of the page (maybe you have to write "simPE" on the search field. Agree with the licence and download.

Good Luck and contacts me for any further question.
Guardgian

Inge Jones
1st Nov 2008, 4:52 PM
Actually in order to read the licence terms, you have to start at this page: http://sims.ambertation.de/en/download/

$RaMRoM$
3rd Nov 2008, 12:59 PM
Oh... thats some posts! you're welcome everybody! thx Inge and Lethe for answering people! ;)

RR

Samtian
24th Nov 2008, 11:32 PM
Can you use paint?

pokedude9777
26th Nov 2008, 6:40 AM
Paint is a toy. It is not a graphics editing program.You need a proper one, not MS paint. I use Paint. NET, which is free and can be obtained here: http://getpaint.net

KylieLuver
28th Nov 2008, 9:36 PM
I use Photoshop, though you could use gimp

$RaMRoM$
29th Nov 2008, 4:04 PM
Can you use paint?
You can, but i agree with pokedude, its just a toy! you should some other 'real' painting program, I used to gimp, its really cool, and free! If you are thinking about publishing your creation(using paint), then trust me! don't! lol

discoveralice
30th Nov 2008, 6:26 PM
oh wow, this was a lot easier than i thought it would be. thank you so much!!

jamiesmith123
24th Dec 2008, 5:54 PM
Can't find Lockerfeet one.

THATS BECAUSE ITS A UNI OBJECT. IF YOU DONT HAVE UNI YOU WONT HAVE THAT

$RaMRoM$
30th Dec 2008, 7:29 PM
if you want to answer someone jamie, be nice to them, don't write in caps, against the rules, or just don't answer anyone

wickedtee23
4th Jan 2009, 1:33 AM
i do have university, but this counter is still not showing up. my first box under options is also different. it says C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Deluxe\Base\

If i try to change it, it just reverts back.

$RaMRoM$
20th Jan 2009, 1:19 PM
i do have university, but this counter is still not showing up. my first box under options is also different. it says C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Deluxe\Base\

Apparently you have The Sims 2 Deluxe, unfortunately i never got it so I'd never now what changed in it :(

daltonism
21st Jan 2009, 5:42 PM
thanks for this! I'm going to try recolouring :D

hamster_sim
24th Jan 2009, 3:52 PM
I have simPE, but I can't find wizards of simPE. How do i get that?

SIMS2ADDICT!
24th Jan 2009, 5:40 PM
I recolored a maxis couch, and the recolors are in my downloads folder, but they won't show up in game. Any idea of why this is?

SIMS2ADDICT!
24th Jan 2009, 5:49 PM
Duh never mind i'm stupid. I was looking for the actual couch in the sofa section, I didn't think of clicking on the couch I recolored. Duh!

lestyboss
25th Jan 2009, 2:24 AM
I have simPE, but I can't find wizards of simPE. How do i get that?

I had to go in manually to find the Wizards. Browse for and open your Sim PE folder and you should see the shortcut/icon there... I right click the Wizards icon and send the shortcut to my desktop. :P

lestyboss
25th Jan 2009, 2:29 AM
Can you use paint?

My recommendation is the Corel Photoshop.. its simple, easy and fun.. gives a tutorial for everything you could possibly want to click on to explain what it does, as a side toolbar at all times.

Lavaster
31st Jan 2009, 6:56 PM
Thanks,
there's a table in the game that I REALLY hate the colors it's available in, but I really want to use it because of its shape and the legs of the table and all.

Lavaster
31st Jan 2009, 7:33 PM
wait, the new recolor I made won't show up in Wizards of SimPE. Where am I supposed to put the PNG. image?? You said "tutorials folder", but I don't get that part. And not a lot of people have tutorial folders!

eletrodj
31st Jan 2009, 7:46 PM
wait, the new recolor I made won't show up in Wizards of SimPE. Where am I supposed to put the PNG. image?? You said "tutorials folder", but I don't get that part. And not a lot of people have tutorial folders!

6- When it loads select the first texture and click export and export the image to you tutorial folder, do the same to the other one.

Select one texture, and click in export. Don't close SimPE.

Step 11- Now save, go back to the wizard and select each image and choose import, and import your images

After you edited the image, save in any folder easy to find (like Desktop or My Docs), go back in SimPE and click in Import. Then follow steps 12, 13, 14 and 15

JaypawFan
2nd Feb 2009, 4:45 AM
omg thank u!!!

cubedsteaks
27th Feb 2009, 5:34 AM
This was so easy! Thank you for writing the tutorial!

Karlsibabe
8th Mar 2009, 9:45 PM
ok this is just tipical ME! but...

on the wizards of SimPE program, when it says "3" in the top right corner (i THINK thats step 5 on this tutorial not sure though) and when you have to select the boxes then the first image ect, my first image is not the same as on the tutorial... i thought maby it was just the picture but when i clicked next the next pictures were different too :!: im quite confused am i doing something wrong?

thanks for any help given! :up: :turtle: :D

$RaMRoM$
14th Mar 2009, 3:48 PM
ok this is just tipical ME! but...

on the wizards of SimPE program, when it says "3" in the top right corner (i THINK thats step 5 on this tutorial not sure though) and when you have to select the boxes then the first image ect, my first image is not the same as on the tutorial... i thought maby it was just the picture but when i clicked next the next pictures were different too :!: im quite confused am i doing something wrong?

thanks for any help given! :up: :turtle: :D

Maybe you chose another object?

melchihuahuagirl_999
15th Mar 2009, 4:19 AM
Thank you very much for this tutorial!

linksebas
18th Mar 2009, 5:26 PM
thanx! but ive got one question, where do i find a van mesh like the ones npcs use? im making a band so i need to get them a ride

danieeel31
30th Mar 2009, 1:53 PM
None of the objects works! All of them says ''This object can't be recolored. Yet.''
Why!? :(
After all object's it says ''cached'' too!? :O

Please help! :(

Duckeh
10th Apr 2009, 1:34 PM
When choosing which object I want to recolor, not all of the Maxis Objects shows up as well as the pictures that should be above them like it should. Do I need to download anything? Help please? :)

psikfreak
16th May 2009, 12:12 PM
Okay, so here's my issue. Althought, I should probably say awesome tutorial first. K. For some reason my recolor of the drum set is showing up ingame beautifully. BUT, I can't find the file(s) anywhere on my computer. I even tried packaging a 1x1 lot with the drum with the recolor on it and it dosen't show.

Any ideas? Cause I'm totally clueless.

sims2luver23
23rd May 2009, 3:39 PM
I went to the download page, but I don't know what to install. There's a lot of different things.

bomberpunk
3rd Jun 2009, 1:36 AM
None of the objects works! All of them says ''This object can't be recolored. Yet.''
Why!? :(
After all object's it says ''cached'' too!? :O

Please help! :(

the same thing happens to me too :(

darkvoid
21st Jun 2009, 11:25 PM
Sorry dont know if this is the right Place to post but i am having the same problem with the tutorial my counter is only show 2 images in counter top not like in the tutorial and i dont have the deluxe Pack if any one know how to help that will be a big thanks :anime: also mixed and jumbled not as neat as the tutorial catagorey

Hitnrunguy
23rd Jun 2009, 6:03 PM
This is really great for beginners, it's very easy to understand. I used this as my first SimPE tutorial (with the GIMP, which is awesome). Great Job!

Lavaster
9th Jul 2009, 8:24 AM
I can't find it in my downloads folder, but I might not be checking right. I'll check in game and report back.

kkbook
11th Jul 2009, 11:14 PM

You should instead select the folder for the last EP you installed. Hope this helps! :)

OrangeHotaru
13th Jul 2009, 11:34 PM
Okay, so i have a few questions.

I recolored a bunch of shower curtains, and they worked fine in the game for a few minutes. Then, they started flashing blue and when I re-opened the game, some of them were just gone. Two remained, however, and I don't know why. I recolored all using the same method. (opened in Paint, recolored partially in Irfanview, and then put back together and saved in Paint.) I realize I should probably use a better program, but would that really help, or is there some other problem?

Also, I've tried and tried to recolor this one bed frame, and it just refuses to show up in the game. It's like I never recolored it at all. I've done it multiple times, I've remembered to import and everything.

(Sorry, no screenshots because I'm using a different computer than the game is actually on)

Samarah
19th Jul 2009, 1:44 AM
Hi! Great tutorial! I just have one question: How do I uninstall Simpe if I ever need to? It's just that I can't find a button that says "Uninstall" as the Sims2PackCleanInstaller does.

Samarah
19th Jul 2009, 4:48 AM
Hi again! So I recolored a painting and I messed it up :( how do I delete it and remove it from the game? I canĀ“t find the file anywhere in my computer :( and I can't find it and delete it with the S2PCI either.
Can anybody help me please? I want to be able to create and remove the cc that doesn't look quiet well.

HugeLunatic
19th Jul 2009, 5:15 AM
You should create a folder specifically for testing, it will make it much easier to find and remove.

But you can try sorting based on modified date, or try searching (assuming you put your user name in there somewhere).

sims2rul3z
19th Jul 2009, 9:05 PM
Yay!Now my cats can have their flag,framed.Because the flag of The Paws Of Righteous Harmony(or Cat Nation) deserves to be framed! =] Also,their coat of arms.
Thank you very much,$RaMRoM$.*Runs off very happy and recolours tons of stuff.*

serenium
3rd Aug 2009, 7:28 AM
Thanks for this - this has come in handy for my houses colour scheme :D :lovestruc :turtle:

Anya777
16th Aug 2009, 12:46 AM
I have a problem,In options SIMPE, Sims2 installation folder destination comes as invalid :!: :!:

Kokoboom
7th Sep 2009, 1:14 PM
What is "tutorial folder"?

Samarah
24th Sep 2009, 9:06 PM
Thanks hugelunatic! Now I have another prob. I saved an edited image of a table as PND but it didn't show up at the moment I had to click import. It was the same table I began with, what could I be doing wrong?

Samarah
24th Sep 2009, 9:19 PM
Never mind! Now I see how that import button works :)!

ShiroAisu
12th Oct 2009, 11:25 PM
Help pls :( in my simPE it is only show 2 images in counter top... i cant see the others in the tutorial... pls help

allygator
22nd Oct 2009, 3:45 PM
i looked at the price of photoshop and the first words out of my mouth...im not going to repeat.i cant afford that is there an alternatiave?

BlackAmera
28th Oct 2009, 3:31 PM
I really like your tutorial it is nice and simple, but I am a comlpete newbie and I have no idea how to use DDS-utility, I have tried to look for a tutorial that explains it but without luck. Can anyone help?

Never mind I think I figured it out :anime:

membears
31st Dec 2009, 8:07 PM
Okay - I have downloaded all the required components and everything is set up and ready to go. Now, if I can get it to work with my grandma's brain, remains to be seen. But, I will give it a try. Maybe not today. Thanks for the tutorial. :turtle: :lol:

fannymanson
13th Jan 2010, 5:42 AM
I'm wondering where the tutorial folder is? Also, I'd like to add new fabric options to a sofa and chair set. Is the process similar to this tutorial or is it completely different? (I downloaded Photoshop free for 30 days from Adobe)

HugeLunatic
13th Jan 2010, 1:28 PM
The tutorial folder is something you will make to store your resources in while working on the project. New fabric options - Additional recolorable parts? Adding subsets is a bit more advanced than recoloring. If the mesh does not already have two parts you will need to edit the mesh in a 3d program. If you just mean have a recolor of sofa and chair then just recolor each mesh and use the same texture, unless it is a repository set.

lientebollemeis
25th Jan 2010, 7:01 PM
I tried to recoulor a rug from Pets AtomicKids or something like that. But it doesn't come out well in my game. I can't explain it in English really so I added to pictures to explain.

When I want to buy it:
http://liengeeroms.brinkster.net/naamloos.jpg

When I have bought the rug:
http://liengeeroms.brinkster.net/naamloos2.jpg

As you see the edge is not correct.
Can I fix that? What did I do wrong?

HugeLunatic
25th Jan 2010, 8:04 PM
It looks your image does not support transparency. When you build dxt you should be using dxt3 as dxt1 does not support transparency.

lientebollemeis
26th Jan 2010, 10:01 AM
How do I build DXT?
I used paint to make the image.

HugeLunatic
26th Jan 2010, 3:27 PM
I'm not sure if Paint can do transparency, you might want to consider using Gimp.

Build dxt is used in SimPE when you bring your new image back into the package. RIght click the image and choose build dxt, browse to your image, make sure dxt3 is selected, and the second options drop down box to none. Then click build.

lientebollemeis
26th Jan 2010, 5:11 PM
But remember I use the wizard for this. And I can't select Build DXT in SimPe because I don't have the correct software.

HugeLunatic
26th Jan 2010, 8:10 PM
ah ok, I think I missed the title of the thread. :lol: I'm not sure if the transparency is caused by wizard or you editing the image, I've never used the wizard before.

You could download the nvdia tools if you like, they are free. But otherwise make sure the image itself still has transparency. Are you using MSPaint or Paint.net? Paint.net probably does handle transparency. Your image should look like some sort of checkerboard around the picture area.

http://creativx.net/forums/attachments/general-tutorials/1917d1262187700t-glass-orbs-paint-net-5b.png

An example of a transparent image in Paint.net. Does your image have the outer area as that checkerboard?

lientebollemeis
27th Jan 2010, 8:48 AM
No, it hasn't. But maybe I can do this with photoshop or Flash CS3 as well?
I use MSPaint. I already downloaded the nvdia tools, but it still didn't work (using MSPaint)
I'll try it out.
Thanks for the help!

MoshChic
27th Jan 2010, 9:35 AM
what if we wanna make a recolour of a wall hanging with a specific picture on it? u know the kind you can get off photobucket or deviantart?

lientebollemeis
27th Jan 2010, 12:35 PM
I think it works the same way.

HugeLunatic
27th Jan 2010, 1:33 PM
Mosh SimPE has a ... um Picture Studio? Not sure if it is called exactly that. But there are templates for it. Let me find a link..

Ok, it is called Picture Studio. LoL I do believe this only recolors the painting itself and not the frame. Be sure to read through the thread, I know some additional templates have been added. You may also need to go to the SimPE site and get the orginal templates.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=95015

lientebollemeis
31st Jan 2010, 4:45 PM
In which extension should I save the new image? I use Photoshop CS3 to recolor and in the example it is CS2 so normally it is a good image editing program and I see the checkers. also when the image is save on the desktop I can see that it is transparant as I move it over my wallpaper.
So which extension should I use? It doesn't work with gif. It should be an extension in which photoshop can save.
Please help I'm almost there.

SimsRmajorFun
8th Feb 2010, 3:35 PM
umm, i'm having an issue. It says "Object cannot be recolored yet" what do i do?

TheSims2Fan21
7th Mar 2010, 5:07 AM
Thanks!

Mickel
26th Jun 2010, 4:31 AM
OMG, thanks! Itll be way easier to make recolors now! im going to start with end tables first!

Indycent

kmkrone
8th Aug 2010, 10:24 PM
Thank you so much. Can anyone tell me if there's a way to recolor non-maxis items? I have lovely wall banners (from here - I forget whose) and I'd like to do some matching heraldry, though I can only find maxis objects in the wizard.

Luckypup2122
18th Aug 2010, 3:17 AM
Does an item saying it can't be recolored yet mean Wizards of PE isnt available to do it that way, so just use object workshop instead?

I ask because i had recolors of the tinkerpotty before and went to go recolor and it came back as not recolorable though i had recolors so i know it can be.

Sea_Of_Fireflies
25th Aug 2010, 7:19 PM
I can't find this tutorial folder you've mentioned in step 6. Where is it supposed to be? Please help, thanks :)

Kakashiswife
27th Aug 2010, 2:27 AM
Thanx it helped me to recolor some objects. But when I tried to recolor a birthday cake I couldn't do it. could someone direct me, where I can find the birthday cake to recolor? Thank you!

simguru1player
4th Oct 2010, 7:29 PM
It worked. Thanks very much for this tutorial. Now I will do recolours galore!

Plainberry
13th Nov 2010, 4:11 AM
Thank you for this easy to follow tutorial. Glad to be learning more about SimPE and CC recolours. :)

SpringyLife98
23rd Nov 2010, 7:50 PM
It didn't change when I recolored it in photoshop. I saved it, then I went back to wizards and it was still white and white dirty. What am I supposed to name it when I save it to a tutorial folder. What is tutorial folder? I made a folder called 'Simpe Tuts' and saved them there under 'SimpeTut' and 'SimpeTut2'. What did I do. I downloaded everything I needed.

SpringyLife98
23rd Nov 2010, 8:33 PM
Never mind! I had to click import and choose the recolored picture! THX for this post!

Random IceCream
7th Feb 2011, 12:05 AM
Hi.
So im in the step in which i have to export a counter. when i click "save" to save it on my "tute" folder, it wont save. I click it many times it doesn't work. Any Help?

Random IceCream
7th Feb 2011, 12:06 AM
Hi.
So im in the step in which i have to export a counter. when i click "save" to save it on my "tute" folder, it wont save. I click it many times it doesn't work. Any Help?

Forget it i got it ^.^
Thanks for the tute!

Random IceCream
7th Feb 2011, 12:18 AM
Sorry for so much bother.
Okay, my editing program is gimp. I use one of the textures it has and then save it. I go back to Wizards of SimPE and it does not come out! Any help?

Mootilda
7th Feb 2011, 4:27 AM
Please don't triple post. Use the Edit button to add new information to your existing post.

bladek4
17th Apr 2011, 5:33 PM
ZOMG THANKS!!!! now i can make cool recolors in the name of A7X....if i make em cool then ill put em for downloading here....AWESUM tutorial!

505dude
18th Apr 2011, 8:44 AM
:alarm: what is the tutorial folder? and where can i find it :help::faceslap:

lolipop121
2nd May 2011, 6:53 PM
dose custom content show up in simPE? sorry I am really impatiant and cant wait until simPE has installed! =)

monosagrado
28th May 2011, 6:47 PM
HELP PLEASE! I have got all EP's and Stuff Packs, and in the File Table of the preferences menu, i have got all EP's and Stuff checked... But when I go to the wizard, only appears the EP's and Stuff objects... the basegame objects doesn't appear! Please, I need help!
PS: If I only check the basegame and CEP; there appear ONLY the basegame objects... but I want ALL the objects (basegame and EP's and Stuff)... Is it possible? I have got SimPE 72.1.

LadyAngel
6th Jun 2011, 4:22 PM
Hi, is there any way to use this with AnyGameStarter so I can just use the base game content?

Katee.
25th Aug 2011, 5:45 PM
Which counter: I can't see ANY of the pictures; "Image is not available, or does not exist." Which Uni counter ?_?

HugeLunatic
25th Aug 2011, 5:49 PM
LadyAngel - You don't need to use this with AGS, just go to Extras/Preferences/File Table and uncheck all but CEP and Original.

Katee - All the images show fine, but the counter is Locker Room CounterFeet (the one with no base).

AmongTheSageEC
4th Sep 2011, 10:33 PM
I didn't quite understand this tutorial, but I will try once again.

jadewood
8th Dec 2011, 10:22 AM
umm, i'm having an issue. It says "Object cannot be recolored yet" what do i do?
I am having the same problem. :(

jadewood
8th Dec 2011, 10:36 AM
It's ok,
i figured it out....
:)
thanks for the great tutorial.

sundance93
31st Dec 2011, 1:04 AM
:D Thanks a bunch :D This will DEFFINITELY help with my new-found modding desires :D thanks so much!

mattphipps68
26th Feb 2012, 7:52 PM
Here's one for you.... I used the Wizard to recolor the Keister Kompanion barstool from the base game. I created 5 cushion RC's and 7 frame RC's. My 5 cushion RC's are showing up just fine, but the frame RC's don't show up now, yet they DID show up during testing. Also, there is a 6th cushion RC showing up that shouldn't be there.

Any ideas?

Also, I was extremely careful to export only the frame portion of the barstool file when I did my RC's. I even re-dl'd the packages from the site I submitted them to thinking that my originals got bugged up somehow, but even the fresh download shows the same errors (extra cushion and no frame options).

I actually figured out the problem myself - somehow CEP and Nvidia DDS Utilities both got messed up on my system. I re-installed them and everything is working fine now. Oh yeah, that extra cushion RC I have is from a ead425's Canterbury Bath collection that I dl'd a while back and almost completely forgot about (I actually didn't know that the barstool was part of the set) :D

kristie91
27th Mar 2012, 11:44 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread but I figured it would be okay. I opened simpe wizard but for some reason it doesn't show that many objects. Whats wrong?

I have all expansion but pets installed and I have the stuff packs celebration stuff and mansion and garden stuff.. Oh and I have the sims 2 deluxe as well.

smileyface22
1st Apr 2013, 10:35 AM
Wheres The tutorial folder?

catastrophe137
3rd Jan 2014, 9:03 PM
Hey, cool. My counters don't look like early 2000's condo vomit anymore! Thanks

xXRIPMCRXx
13th Feb 2014, 4:35 PM
Ok, can someone help? I tried to recolour, but it said "The object you have selected cannot be recoloured (yet)" What does that even mean? And how can I recolour???

Mootilda
13th Feb 2014, 5:02 PM
Have you got the CEP installed? Most shipped objects cannot be recolored without that mod. Whether custom objects can be recolored depends upon the creator.

veronicalmerritt
11th Sep 2014, 10:52 AM
I wanted to check and see if I used the tool correctly so I figured I would attempt to upload it and yall could let me know if it looks right to you :) Please let me know, thank you!

veronicalmerritt
11th Sep 2014, 10:56 AM
Have you got the CEP installed? Most shipped objects cannot be recolored without that mod. Whether custom objects can be recolored depends upon the creator.

I know I have CEP installed and I wanted to recolor the potty chair and it also said that it could not be recolored (yet). I guess I'll find something else for now, lol, but it would be good to know how to get around that sort of thing.

veronicalmerritt
11th Sep 2014, 7:38 PM
Ah, I figured it out. When it doesn't let you do it "yet", just press back, click on it again, then press back again, click on it AGAIN, and there you go, it works! Now for my next question...I made some awesome things that I want to upload and share, but I found the pics I used to edit things by googling online...so, do I have to figure out the artist and give credit or is credit only for the person who does the editing??? Like, since I just recolored a Maxis object would the credit go to me, even though I didn't draw the picture I used? If someone were to share the edit I made, would they give credit to me? I just want to make sure I don't break any rules and I have a couple REALLY awesome edits that I am just dying to share :D

kluless
10th Jun 2015, 10:48 PM
I recently updated to Win 7, just discovered that you need to run Wizards as Administrator in order to get all of the Maxis stuff to show up...