PDA

View Full Version : Testers Wanted: Film Industry Career

Bobbling
12th Dec 2004, 1:55 AM
*Update* 15th December : Added Teen/Elder career+fixed bugs for adult career.

Hey all, this is my 2nd new career, it gives your sims the role of being in the film industry.

As before it is a stand alone career and wont replace any other ones.

Teen/Elder jobs not availiable + Chance cards not created as of yet, when i get the chance i will update these chance cards and the fashion career ones.

Supportive comments/suggestions will be appriciated :)

Enjoy! :D

Lauren
12th Dec 2004, 1:59 AM
Awesome career! Great work. I'm playing the fashion at the momenet, and I love it.

pop1991
12th Dec 2004, 2:00 AM
Hey all, this is my 2nd new career, it gives your sims the role of being in the film industry.

As before it is a stand alone career and wont replace any other ones.

Teen/Elder jobs not availiable + Chance cards not created as of yet, when i get the chance i will update these chance cards and the fashion career ones.

Supportive comments/suggestions will be appriciated :)

Enjoy! :D
thanks I love the new carrers!!!!
but can you tell me "how to make carrers for dummies"?

Bobbling
12th Dec 2004, 2:04 AM
career creating is fairly difficult at the moment, for people who are new i would leave it for awhile till someone releases a userfriendly program for making careers, which i can imagine wont be too far away :p

glitterpixie
12th Dec 2004, 2:57 AM
Thank you for making the new careers. I was getting bored with the Maxis ones. LOL

iLLusion68
12th Dec 2004, 3:25 AM
Woo hoo.. off to play with this one. I love the Fashion Career ya made. TY muchly! :))

flonine
12th Dec 2004, 10:30 AM
Wow! any idea what you are gonna do next?

vm892
12th Dec 2004, 5:12 PM
PLZ make a WWE Carrer where u start at tough-enough and end World HeavyWeight and can you make a Vampire hunting carrer where you can turn into a Vampire if you get bit

Mattalways247
12th Dec 2004, 5:24 PM
Im new to the careers and have been seeing them a lot but i dont know that much about them.. like how do you get into them? do you just go into the newspaper and wait till you find them or what... also do they have the same carpool as another career track or what... i just wanted to know a little bit b4 downloadin them :confused:

D_Malachi
12th Dec 2004, 5:34 PM
Near as I can tell, new careers show up in the newspaper and on the computer, though using the debug cheat (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) you can click a newspaper, hit "adult jobs" and it should show up there as well. As far as vehicles and outfits for work... unless somebody figures out exactly what is required to change those, they probably use the same ones as another. Small "price" to pay for having new, yet incomplete, careers this early on.

And VM892... not to sound rude or anything, but unless you make your own, why not just post the topic in the Modding Wishlist forum (unless you already have)? However, if you have all of your ideas together, I might possibly be persuaded to make one for you. If, and only if, you have all of your ideas together. Don't have any ideas for either of those two, myself.

Bobbling
12th Dec 2004, 9:23 PM
Currently all we can do is use other career outfits, not custom ones, same with cars; you can change wat cars turn up etc but cant implement any custom content.

Anyone found any bugs with this so far?

Blade90210
12th Dec 2004, 9:48 PM
So, and I'm just asking here, how hard would it be to add in teen and elder jobs? I know I worked in a video store. A former girlfriend worked in a movie theater. We were both busy with stage performances for a while.

Bobbling
12th Dec 2004, 10:02 PM
So, and I'm just asking here, how hard would it be to add in teen and elder jobs? I know I worked in a video store. A former girlfriend worked in a movie theater. We were both busy with stage performances for a while.

Well im currently about to release beta teen/elder stages for my fashion career, if i have time ill do it for my film career too :)

lobstergirl
13th Dec 2004, 12:09 AM
Well im currently about to release beta teen/elder stages for my fashion career, if i have time ill do it for my film career too :)

Sweet, I can't wait.

Bobbling
13th Dec 2004, 2:10 AM
Ok folks my fashion career has been updated with the teen/elder jobs. Teen/elder jobs for this career will follow later.

Dorothy
13th Dec 2004, 6:54 AM
I put in the careers and now my sims wont go to work..the car comes for them but they just wont go get in the car and the car just leaves them..anyone know how i can fix this problem?

racertrain
13th Dec 2004, 9:09 AM
I could translate everything into Swedish for you if you want me to.

Bobbling
13th Dec 2004, 10:49 PM
Ok folks i will be releasing my Teen/Elder version for this film industry career soon.

Any ideas on what you would like me to create next? :D

ScottyToledo
13th Dec 2004, 11:02 PM
Maybe the paranormal career from the Sims 1? :)

Katt1367
13th Dec 2004, 11:21 PM
I'd like to have the paranormal career also. Great idea Scotty!

helmy
14th Dec 2004, 1:24 AM
thanks Bobbling :) I just love all the people here,,they're just so creative!!!

Bobbling
14th Dec 2004, 2:17 AM
Its my pleasure in doin these careers, my new one im creating at the mo is the Musician career from the sims1, which should be ready for beta release tommorow.

I actually like creating them, the only aspect that i dislike is doing the chance cards, purely for the fact that they are so time consuming. :(

Anyways, yea, any request ill gladly make them, and chance card descriptions would be nice to have with the suggestions too.

:D

mclairehf
14th Dec 2004, 2:21 AM
Not to be a pain or anything, but do the careers go in the downloads folder as well? I put them in there and they're not showing up! Plez help. Thanks so much.

waterwraith
14th Dec 2004, 3:17 AM
Mine too... it's been 7 sim days and the film career hasn't showed in my sim-computer or my sim-paper...

Bobbling
14th Dec 2004, 11:57 AM
you just place the files in the downloads folder, not in any subfolder.

it should show up, not sure why it isnt for you, try downloading the newspaper hack to see if it is in your game.

waterwraith
14th Dec 2004, 3:20 PM
Thanks.. I got it already... I couldn't see it previously cuz I was using a teen sim to look for this job... I used an adult sim and it showed up on both the newspaper and the computer... My sim is now in the assistant director position... Thanks a lot!!! Great work, btw!!!

sandyfootprints
14th Dec 2004, 4:09 PM
I've tested this career track for a couple of days and I found that I encountered the same problem as Dorothy with a few of my lots ...the car would come for them but they just wouldn't get into the car and the car would leave them.

I found it wierd that the carpool would work for some of my lots and yet not for others.

I then realised that the carpool wasn't working for me on lots that had hacked vehicles sitting on their drive. So I removed the vehicles from these particular lots and in most cases the carpool worked ... my sims would get in and go to work ... no problem. In some cases removing the cars wasn't enough to fix the problem, I had to move the sims out to new lots and once I did this the sims would choose this career track and go to work.

So in short, for me, it works! Brilliant stuff, and Thank you.

(I still love the hacked vehicles though ... lol) ;)

veracii0uz
14th Dec 2004, 7:16 PM
Thank u for making the new careers!!!!!! :yippee: :wise:

Mattalways247
14th Dec 2004, 9:24 PM
Near as I can tell, new careers show up in the newspaper and on the computer, though using the debug cheat (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) you can click a newspaper, hit "adult jobs" and it should show up there as well. As far as vehicles and outfits for work... unless somebody figures out exactly what is required to change those, they probably use the same ones as another. Small "price" to pay for having new, yet incomplete, careers this early on.

And VM892... not to sound rude or anything, but unless you make your own, why not just post the topic in the Modding Wishlist forum (unless you already have)? However, if you have all of your ideas together, I might possibly be persuaded to make one for you. If, and only if, you have all of your ideas together. Don't have any ideas for either of those two, myself.

thanx for the info! ;)
:sprint:

Temporary
14th Dec 2004, 9:36 PM
Hey, Bobbling! =) Thanks, a great career, I'll test it out shortly.

15th Dec 2004, 10:22 PM
It works 4 me.

Bobbling
15th Dec 2004, 11:26 PM
Hey all just added the teen/elder version for this career, enjoy :D

crinrict
18th Dec 2004, 12:49 PM
Hey all just added the teen/elder version for this career, enjoy :D
Awesome work you're doing here, but the teen-film has replaced the teen-sport career (works fine for the adult job so far, haven't tried the elder version)

lostrocket
19th Dec 2004, 1:37 AM
had a blast with the film career tonight. my burglar lost his job, so i had him pick this up - a bit more respectable for a father-to-be! it showed up in the newspaper and computer just fine. could you maybe post a list of what the jobs are at each level?

BoaConstrictor
11th Jan 2005, 7:38 PM
This one, too, comes up great but still under "Slacker" (non-US).
A little tweaking, please??!

eclipsemuse
17th Jan 2005, 8:35 PM
I tried this one out, but career replaced my athletic career (still uses the same icons and athletic chance cards), at least at the teen level. Is it clean at the adult level? I miss my athletic career.

Bubbleberri
18th Jan 2005, 6:56 AM
I have been playing both the fashion and film careers in my game at the moment, I am not sure if you made the fashion one though but they work fine in my game. A spelling mistake here or there but hey we all do that from time to time dont we?

GREAT WORK!!

LalitaPancakes
21st Jan 2005, 2:50 AM
OH my gosh!! I love these careers, thank you for taking the time to figure these out and make it so all us sims lovers can use them :anime:

LaureaWilwarin
21st Jan 2005, 7:20 AM
Hi. I'm sure the film and the fashion career hacks are great and fun but its an unwanted hack that got travelled into my files from a house lot I'd downloaded.

I've tried using the clean installer to remove it but the option for those jobs still shows up when I direct my sims to look for work on the computer. I've even tried deleting the house but so far no joy.

Could someone please tell me the file names and instruction to delete them PLEASE... :weep:

dangerusgem
24th Jan 2005, 3:36 AM
Hi. I'm sure the film and the fashion career hacks are great and fun but its an unwanted hack that got travelled into my files from a house lot I'd downloaded.

I've tried using the clean installer to remove it but the option for those jobs still shows up when I direct my sims to look for work on the computer. I've even tried deleting the house but so far no joy.

Could someone please tell me the file names and instruction to delete them PLEASE... :weep:

To delete the Film Careers first of all make sure that you dont have a sim at work in that career, then delete the files: FilmIndustryCareer.package and TeenFilm.package from your downloads folder. Thats it, as easy as that.

:)dangerusgem:)

BTW thanks for all the hard work that go's into making these careers! Great Job!

doozer21
25th Jan 2005, 1:48 AM
hate to be a bother, but could you make a list of all the positions in this career?

ness1804
30th Jan 2005, 9:39 PM
Hi i tried tis in the game and it plays great the only thing i have found is that it overwrites the business career in both teen and adult it may be my version(UK) i dont know :confused:

eclipsemuse
31st Jan 2005, 4:45 AM
I found an editorial boo-boo in the description of the Make-Up Artist level. It reads "And you get need to learn to be creative."

Under Talent Scout, there was a funny cut-and-paste boo-boo: "...you're spend're spending..." Also, JOB'S needs an apostrophe, since it's a singular possessive, not a bunch of jobs.

On Camera Person, it says "you got offered a job on the stop." I think it's meant to be "spot." I also was thinking of the Camera Person title. You could call it Camera Operator, which sounds a little more official.

Other than that, so far, so cool! Well-written interesting jobs. And I love the little icon with stars! (Good steal!!).

eclipsemuse
2nd Feb 2005, 6:51 PM
A couple more editorial notes:

Management Film Rep level: SimCity needs a capital C (it's spelled variously throughout the track). "...bone up ON your charm..." "Keeping in SHAPE (not shpae) can't HURT (not hut) either." Capitalize the R in remember and start a new sentence. Also, premiere in movie lingo usually has an e on the end.

Film Promoter: "...caught the attenion OF SimCity's..."

I'm having a great time playing this track. I didn't know it'd be an actual industry track instead of a performing track (I don't read the names of the levels in advance because I like to be surprised.) Great job on the various positions involved!

Ancient Sim
2nd Mar 2005, 7:56 PM
Hi i tried tis in the game and it plays great the only thing i have found is that it overwrites the business career in both teen and adult it may be my version(UK) i dont know :confused:
It shouldn't do. I have the UK version and I still have the business careers even though I use the Film Industry as well. I'll be annoyed if I have to remove it by the time I get the EP because Alexander Goth is almost at the top of it now. No one else is in it so he never brings anyone home from work, but he's a miserable git anyway so he probably wouldn't in any case rofl.

butt3rfly
3rd Mar 2005, 7:52 PM
To delete the Film Careers first of all make sure that you dont have a sim at work in that career, then delete the files: FilmIndustryCareer.package and TeenFilm.package from your downloads folder. Thats it, as easy as that.

:)dangerusgem:)

BTW thanks for all the hard work that go's into making these careers! Great Job!

Guess what.. someone changed the file names, now i can't find the career files.. I got the careers from TheSIms2.com Exchange
Film Industry and fashion career

Athena314
11th Mar 2005, 5:33 PM
I put all my career hacks in a sub folder under the downloads folder and all work great.

xin_lee
6th Nov 2005, 3:51 PM
cool i am the new jackie chan

Fikcija
21st Dec 2005, 7:20 AM
not sure really... but i'm afraid it overwrited my athletic career... ant i can't find the file to remove it... :confused:

Ladysimular
9th Feb 2006, 6:49 AM
I just downloaded this and put it in my Downloads folder (I haven't run the game yet). Then I ran the S2PCI and I have two of each career (this one and the Fashion Career), one shows as a hack and the other doesn't. They have different MD5 numbers. Is this supposed to happen or is there yet another thing I don't know here?

Sectorlutter
13th Mar 2006, 4:43 AM
Thanks so much! This is just like the career my husband is actually in, so it's nice to have an authentic career addition to my sim family. :)

MsKitty
2nd Apr 2006, 10:14 AM
For some reason this career package locks up my game when I try to play both commercial & residential lots. Removing the package seemed to fix the problem. Just thought you should know :)