PDA

View Full Version : After patching, game requires activation code

kewpie
25th Sep 2014, 9:00 PM
When I updated my game, I got a window asking me to give an activation code. I put in my original code in the box and I get an activation failure error. The game won't run unless I uninstall and don't patch it. I/m on Windows 7, if that helps.

leefish
25th Sep 2014, 9:00 PM
I suggest contacting EA :)

amc462000
25th Sep 2014, 9:25 PM
When I updated my game, I got a window asking me to give an activation code. I put in my original code in the box and I get an activation failure error. The game won't run unless I uninstall and don't patch it. I/m on Windows 7, if that helps.

Is it a digital download? I had the problem with my digital download through Origin. They won't answer any questions ever so are no help. I bought a hard copy of just the original Sims Medieval off of Ebay and downloaded that and then the digital P&N and my game is fully patched. I have not had that problem again.

kewpie
25th Sep 2014, 9:40 PM
I've been talking to EA for HOURS now. They seem to have no clue what's up. Seriously -- its been over 2 hours. I wonder if the guy will cave in and just give me a deluxe code.

kewpie
26th Sep 2014, 3:53 AM
I don't want to resort to buying a hard copy. But it looks like there is no other solution. My tech vanished.

EDIT: Solved. I @#@# BOUGHT pirates and nobles and when I downloaded it, I checked the version and it came fully patched, it seems.