PDA

View Full Version : -- Change Game Language --

simalary44
13th Apr 2015, 2:46 AM
Hello guys, here is a really easy and quick tutorial on how to change your game's language.

If you would like a program to do it for you, check my The Sims 4 Game Tools (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=553070) program.

Step 1 - Download the language pack. The language pack is below - make sure you download the one for the latest patch.
Step 2 - Place the acceptable Strings_LANGUAGE_COUNTRY.package file into your installation folder.
Step 3 - Open The Registry Editor/Regedit
- Search for 'regedit' in the Start menu.
Step 4 - Change The Sims 4 Locale
- In the registry editor go to this location:
- 32-bit Users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4
- 64-bit Users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Maxis -> The Sims 4
- Change the 'Locale' tag with your wanted language:
- Czech: cs_CZ
- Danish: da_DK
- German: de_DE
- English: en_US
- Spanish: es_ES
- Finnish: fi_FI
- French: fr_FR
- Italian: it_IT
- Japanese: ja_JP
- Korean: ko_KR
- Dutch: nl_NL
- Norwegian: no_NO
- Polish: pl_PL
- Portuguese (Brazil): pt_BR
- Russian: ru_RU
- Swedish: sv_SE
- Chinese (Traditional): zh_TW
- I will be changing my game to Spanish, so I will use "es_ES" in the 'Locale' tag.
Step 5 - Close out of the Registry Editor
Step 6 - Launch The Sims 4
- Launching The Sims 4 will act like you just installed it, you can move your saves & mods only to the new documents folder.

If you need help, ask! Hope this tutorial works well for you guys!

Chomsky007
20th May 2015, 5:39 PM
the current user is not entitled to run the sims 4 in the installed language... oh dear god whyyyy..ive tried everything to put my game in english..

Bo Bo
3rd Jun 2015, 10:48 AM
Yes, I got the same problem as well!

simalary44
24th Jun 2015, 4:10 AM
the current user is not entitled to run the sims 4 in the installed language... oh dear god whyyyy..ive tried everything to put my game in english..
Yes, I got the same problem as well!

Sorry for the late reply, but unfortunately, this is a problem with Region Locks. [A 'bug' or problem EA caused to make it so some countries have to play in their native languages]. I am still trying to find a solution for this.

Piesek64
6th Jul 2015, 1:39 PM
Sorry for the late reply, but unfortunately, this is a problem with Region Locks. [A 'bug' or problem EA caused to make it so some countries have to play in their native languages]. I am still trying to find a solution for this. It is required to put file GDFBinary_(locale).dll in Origin Games\The Sims 4\_Installer. For example - if someone wants polish in his/her game he/she needs file GDFBinary_pl_PL.dll. Same will english - but instead GDFBinary_pl_PL.dll he/she will need GDFBinary_en_US.dll.

itssannie
9th Aug 2017, 6:27 PM
Can I change the language to hungarian?

knipknap
28th Jan 2018, 7:12 PM
Hello guys, here is a really easy and quick tutorial on how to change your game's language.

If you would like a program to do it for you, check my The Sims 4 Game Tools (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=553070) program.

Step 1 - Download the language pack. The language pack is below - make sure you download the one for the latest patch.
Step 2 - Place the acceptable Strings_LANGUAGE_COUNTRY.package file into your installation folder.
Step 3 - Open The Registry Editor/Regedit
- Search for 'regedit' in the Start menu.
Step 4 - Change The Sims 4 Locale
- In the registry editor go to this location:
- 32-bit Users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4
- 64-bit Users: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Maxis -> The Sims 4
- Change the 'Locale' tag with your wanted language:
- Czech: cs_CZ
- Danish: da_DK
- German: de_DE
- English: en_US
- Spanish: es_ES
- Finnish: fi_FI
- French: fr_FR
- Italian: it_IT
- Japanese: ja_JP
- Korean: ko_KR
- Dutch: nl_NL
- Norwegian: no_NO
- Polish: pl_PL
- Portuguese (Brazil): pt_BR
- Russian: ru_RU
- Swedish: sv_SE
- Chinese (Traditional): zh_TW
- I will be changing my game to Spanish, so I will use "es_ES" in the 'Locale' tag.
Step 5 - Close out of the Registry Editor
Step 6 - Launch The Sims 4
- Launching The Sims 4 will act like you just installed it, you can move your saves & mods only to the new documents folder.

If you need help, ask! Hope this tutorial works well for you guys! I got the russian/polish/tjec game edition, i've buyed this '' Deluxe edition'' in the Netherlands, , i want to change the language from polish to English (the game is region locked) and when i drop the Strings_ENG-US.package in the map "D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client" and then delete the polish version i will get a error in a polish language.... My wife wanna play the sims but yea i've tried everything to get this game working :rofl:

reddragon14
2nd Feb 2018, 10:01 AM
I got the russian/polish/tjec game edition, i've buyed this '' Deluxe edition'' in the Netherlands, , i want to change the language from polish to English (the game is region locked) and when i drop the Strings_ENG-US.package in the map "D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client" and then delete the polish version i will get a error in a polish language.... My wife wanna play the sims but yea i've tried everything to get this game working :rofl:
I'm sure this guide is outdated. Try this one (https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/choose-the-language/) instead :) Hope this helps!

Catlover070904
7th Feb 2018, 9:44 AM
I'm sure this guide is outdated. Try this one (https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/choose-the-language/) instead :) Hope this helps!
Except that doesn't help at all, when English isn't an option. I didn't realise when I got the game it wouldn't have English as an option, and I am nowhere near Europe (I live in South Africa). I just want to play The Sims 4 in English, is that too much to ask for??

eksynn
2nd Feb 2019, 6:12 PM

If you need help, ask! Hope this tutorial works well for you guys!
out of curious, where's the "installation folder"?
is it game / bin? (basically where the .exe's are?)

kaligi
31st Aug 2019, 2:50 PM

Actionly this helped me, so thanks a lot for the link :deal: :Pint: :up:

InfireYourJams
2nd Dec 2019, 4:33 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this but as someone who wasn't able to use any of the tutorials I tried, I found a "language-changer" executable in Program Files/The Sims 4. Hadn't even thought to check!