PDA

View Full Version : d3dx9_31.dll Extraction Error and Resource.cfg

swamp_ophelia
28th Apr 2015, 7:56 PM
Hey everyone,

I've been trying to get mods to work on my TSM (I also have the Pirates and Nobles expansion pack) for a day or two now. When I went to http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344 and followed the steps, but whenever I try to extract the d3dx9_31.dll file to my /. . . /ElectronicArts/The Sims Medieval/Game/Bin/ folder, there's an error. I've attempted to download the d3dx9_31.dll from other sites since, hoping that it was just this source that was the problem, but nothing. Every time I try, I'm told it there is an error and it is unable to extract into my Bin folder.

Also,the Resource.cfg never shows up in my /. . . /ElectronicArts/The Sims Medieval/ folder when I go to look, so I'm unsure if it is working. But whenever I download it again to double check (I've also tried different sources than the How To post here on mods), it tells me that there is already a file existing under that name.

Help!

bluegenjutsu
29th Apr 2015, 12:52 PM
Why don't you try extracting the file to your desktop and then move it to that bin folder. Normally you get that error because of administer rights to moving or copying a file into a system folder, like the Program Files directory is.

swamp_ophelia
29th Apr 2015, 7:41 PM
Why don't you try extracting the file to your desktop and then move it to that bin folder. Normally you get that error because of administer rights to moving or copying a file into a system folder, like the Program Files directory is.

Okay, that seemed to work. Thanks! :)

But the mods are still not showing up in the game, and neither is the Resource.cfg file in my installation folder. I tried the same thing you suggested for the Resource.cfg file, but still nothing!

bluegenjutsu
30th Apr 2015, 12:02 PM
You're welcome! Where do you have the Resource.cfg and mods installed at?

swamp_ophelia
6th May 2015, 7:04 AM
You're welcome! Where do you have the Resource.cfg and mods installed at?

I've installed the Resource.cfg in the Sims Medieval folder, and I placed the mods in the /. . ./Sims Medieval/Mods/Packages folder.

bluegenjutsu
6th May 2015, 12:00 PM
Try downloading the Resource.cfg file again and delete the old one in your Sims Medieval folder, then put the new one in it's place. Maybe your older Resource.cfg file is corrupted.