PDA

View Full Version : Aging up child sims?

Lord St.Croix
29th Apr 2015, 4:52 PM
So, the first king of my latest kingdom recently died and his daughter succeeded him. The problem is, her sister, who's older than she is, is still a child and that's weird. From what I can tell, I can't use the age child option from Grim's Core since the new queen is not her parent. Is there another mod for child aging?

ChickieTeeta
30th Apr 2015, 10:05 AM
You can use Grim's core to change the relationship of the Queen to parent, age up the sister, and then change the relationship back to sibling when you're done.
Don't save until you've completed the whole process, because, you know, if something can go wrong it will :P
If you're worried about perhaps messing up their relationship status, use another sim and make them the child's parent instead.

Lord St.Croix
30th Apr 2015, 8:47 PM
That worked; thanks

Xeny
1st May 2015, 2:37 AM
Adopting the child sim is another method that would work also, using Grim's Core. Same concept as Chickie mentions, but perhaps for some easier. If you ever require it, when a sim you need to be somewhere they are not, example a NPC sim who has wandered away from the quest location they are supposed to be in order to make the quest continue, simply adopt said NPC sim, and they will return believing they are now to live at the home of the sim who adopted them. Watch for the NPC sim and when they are within the kingdom once more, reset the relationship by losing the father/mother relationship.
Doing so, might save a game, or quest when NPC sims go astray, and will not return from the Village on their own. It has saved my games a few times!

Xeny