PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling does not show?

Velouriah
14th Jan 2016, 8:50 AM
I have a problem that makes making good screenshots difficult- my rooms have no ceilings, and instead the sky and trees behind the building are shown. Even though there definitely is a ceiling (I have tried deleting and re-installing the ceiling), and in fact, there are several floors above the room I'm trying to show. Is there any way to fix this?

Inge Jones
14th Jan 2016, 9:14 AM
Unfortunately you have to have your walls fully up before the ceiling will be shown, making it quite hard to take screenshots at eye level as by then you'll have a wall in the way too! Assuming your rooms are large enough for you to have the camera position inside them and still get the shot you want, consider page-up to get all your building levels showing, then go into Tab (first person) view mode and use Q to sink the view back down to the level you want to capture. At least that way you will be able to see the structure if you look up - very helpful for multi-level atrium etc.

Velouriah
14th Jan 2016, 4:34 PM
I'm pretty sure the camera is actually in the room, though? It does not seem to make any difference where the camera is...

Inge Jones
15th Jan 2016, 9:26 AM
As I said, you do need walls fully up for the ceiling to show at all.

Velouriah
15th Jan 2016, 1:50 PM
thank you, but yes- the walls are fully up, the camera is in the room, but still no ceiling? It seems to be some kind of a bug?

Velouriah
15th Jan 2016, 1:51 PM
Interestingly, I'm now building another house, and the ceiling does show! So that is odd. I will have to look into this further...
*edit* I think I have it figured out now! Thank you for your help!

Inge Jones
15th Jan 2016, 3:50 PM
Had you removed the floor of the room above or something?

Velouriah
15th Jan 2016, 5:54 PM
no, I was not in "walls up" mode, just as you said! I just wasn't sure what you meant at first :D