PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots don't show up

samko2223
31st Mar 2016, 3:03 PM
Hey everyone!

I've been playing TSM recently (via Origin) and I noticed that my screenshots in the "Screenshots" folder don't show up. I don't understand why is this happening, since I never had a problem like this before. Perhaps it's caused by having Windows 10? It didn't happen to me on my Win 7, this is the first time I play it after upgrade to Win10.
The weird thing is, that videos are working perfectly. I thought that the game wasn't able to search for the my documents folders, but I guess that's not the case. I also tried to look in my windows for those pictures with the name such as "screenshot_2" etc., but nothing showed up.

Any tips or ideas, how to fix this problem? Thanks. :)

DeeDawg
31st Mar 2016, 4:50 PM
It's not caused by Windows 10 directly, but if you upgraded to Windows 10 and it's not a clean install, that might have something to do with it. Microsoft may claim that "all of your files will remain where you left" them during upgrades and updates, but from personal experience, I can tell you for a fact that it is a lie.

I would say that the best way to solve this issue, is to backup your Saves folder (and any mods you may be using), and reinstall the game from Origin.

samko2223
31st Mar 2016, 5:33 PM
Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. I deleted every single folder remaining after uninstalling and screenshots don't show up at all.. I'm desperate.

DeeDawg
10th Apr 2016, 10:28 AM
Okay.. that's weird. Does the game actually confirm having taken the screenshot in-game? It should display a notification about it.
If it does, and videos still work for you, then something tells me the game is not allowed to write to the screenshots folder. Although, that should have been fixed by the reinstall, if that were the case, but you never know.