PDA

View Full Version : eyelashes

MurderPrincessK
16th Mar 2021, 2:00 PM
Does anyone have a copy of Buhudain's short eyelashes w/o EA iris?
Originally found here http://mahamudosim3.blogspot.com/2012/08/short-eyelashes-face-overlay-default.html?zx=b0c85bdfe8d1ad3
There is a link on page for the set with EA's iris, but I like using default replacement eyes and it causes double iris issue.
Thanks.

aisquared
16th Mar 2021, 4:56 PM
I looked for this too three years ago (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609497), though no one seems to have it, or at least know a reupload. I hope this time someone knows the answer..
https://media0.giphy.com/media/I1nwVpCaB4k36/giphy.gif

nitromon
16th Mar 2021, 9:40 PM
So I found the DR version... and looked at the package file. Can't you just delete the iris with photoshop in the textures?

This is the version I found: https://thebleedingwoodland.wordpress.com/tag/ts3reupload/ (Just realize it is the same one on the comment section of the original page.)

Ok, I've never done this before, so I don't know if it is enough. I just erase the iris from the alpha channel. If it doesn't work, it just means other channels needs to be deleted too.

Update: Attachment removed, refer to new post.

MurderPrincessK
16th Mar 2021, 10:13 PM
Wasn't expecting that. Thank You.
I will be sure to test them out and comment on how they work.

Update: Okay I got them in my game and tried them out.
The upside is the double/hazy iris problem is gone.
The downside is that the whites of the eye are also no longer white, now a yellowish greyish meh color.
Perhaps you erased both?
Included some photos. First pic is No Iris version. Second pic is Iris version.

nitromon
17th Mar 2021, 12:57 AM
I've done texturing for other games before, but not for TS3, so this is all just trial and error.

Try this version, I think it should fix the problem. If it still has problems, let me know. I have a few other ideas.

Update note:
1) First version I erased the whole eyeball alpha
2) 2nd version (included here) I erased only the iris alpha
3) 3rd version (included here), this one should definitely work. I replaced the eyeball with a no iris texture from Simrivier's template and then used SR's alpha.

Try 2nd and 3rd and tell me which one is what you're looking for.

(Disclaimer: I'm simply trying to recreate a lost mod. I take no credit for anything here. Original mod is from Buhudain and the 3rd version with a blank iris texture is from MTS's Simriver's NOVA eye.)

Update: Both version removed, scroll down for updated versions.

MurderPrincessK
17th Mar 2021, 12:36 PM
So the whites are back, which is awesome, but I'm encountering an issue where they don't reach to the iris.
So there is a ring of that yellowish/grey color around the iris now.
I assume its because the replacement eyes I'm using have a smaller iris than EA's version did.
Perhaps that layer can just be filled in fully white?
I only have experience with simple things like changing images on paintings, so this is beyond my scope of knowledge.

nitromon
17th Mar 2021, 1:13 PM
Perhaps that layer can just be filled in fully white?

Did you try version 3? The SR version attached to the previous post. That's basically what it is, it uses the SR version of the eyeball which is completely white and full alpha.

It's late here, lemme know if you tried it and I'll get back in the morning. Or of course, anyone else with more experience wants to give it a try.

MurderPrincessK
17th Mar 2021, 1:28 PM
Yeah, I used the latest version in your last post.
Thats what the picture in my last post is of.
Just downloaded it right before I tried it and then posted.
No worries on time, this isn't something you have to do at all.
I'm still surprised anyone is.
But I'm totally willing to take advantage of your know-how.

nitromon
17th Mar 2021, 8:50 PM
Yeah, I used the latest version in your last post.
Thats what the picture in my last post is of.
Just downloaded it right before I tried it and then posted.
No worries on time, this isn't something you have to do at all.
I'm still surprised anyone is.
But I'm totally willing to take advantage of your know-how.

Hmm then I'm not sure what the problem is.

What was version 2 like?

So Version 2 I removed the iris alpha. Which if your DR iris is smaller than EA, yes it would still create that orange haze. However, version 3, uses a completely new blank eyeball texture and it is the same one used by Simrivers who made many custom eyes.

btw, this doesn't take a lot of time to do, only a few minutes. and I use to do texturing in other mods, so this is all fun for me and I like learning new things. so no worry, let's see if we can fix this mod.

----

Update: Version 4
Ok, in this version, I actually manually edited the original texture and erase the iris, thus creating a new eyeball texture from the original Buhudain mod. Also, I use the original Buhudain alpha which fades the white area.

In theory, this will use the direct eyes from this mod, which is just all white in the iris area, and whatever your new iris would be superposed on top of it. This is the same method used by Simsriver and it should work. However, again, I don't know how the original Buhudain mod works, so I'm not sure if that haze thing you saw was originally there, might be a conflict between the two textures regardless of whether the iris is blanked out.

It is hard to do a circular cut in alpha, I'll try to do one based on the image you provided to see if I can do a 5th version where I remove the iris alpha again, but smaller since I have the blank white texture now.

version 5
Same as vers 4 except iris alpha deleted, smaller than version 2.

version 6
so a thought occurred to me, the haze in your screenshot looks a lot like the haze from the iris version, so it might be the delete alpha is actually not big enough. so this version is same as 5, except more of the iris alpha was deleted.

Version removed as it is proven the haze came from the iris size.

----------

Please try these and tell me which one works and post a screenshot if you can. This way, I can verify the working version and delete the broken ones from this thread. :up:

MurderPrincessK
17th Mar 2021, 10:11 PM
Okay, will do.
Might take me a while to try so many different options.
Thanks

MurderPrincessK
18th Mar 2021, 12:07 AM
Bad news first
Version 6 doesn't work, still with the circle of missing whites.
https://i.imgur.com/Drr8IrN.jpg

The Good News!
Both version 4 & 5 are a success!
Yay.
Version 4
https://i.imgur.com/sfapWqU.jpg

Version 5
https://i.imgur.com/BQJyWhi.jpg

Thanks you for your work on this. :gjob:
Hopefully loads of people get to enjoy these now. :llama:

nitromon
18th Mar 2021, 12:20 AM
Great, I'll leave both version 4 and 5 on here then. Version 4 should be the "correct" method as it is done by others and should work for any other DR iris mods. Version 5 may be specific just to the size of the DR iris you are using. Either way, I'll leave both.

(Disclaimer: I'm simply trying to recreate a lost mod. I take no credit for anything here. Original mod is from Buhudain.)

aisquared
21st Mar 2021, 2:23 PM
:gjob: @nitromon
I, too, want to thank you for making effort for this. I never thought my sims would finally have neater eyelashes after three years.. :anime:

nitromon
21st Mar 2021, 10:29 PM
:gjob: @nitromon
I, too, want to thank you for making effort for this. I never thought my sims would finally have neater eyelashes after three years.. :anime:

Well, I couldn't say no to that cat.

aisquared
22nd Mar 2021, 2:06 PM
One note though, they don't work with default eyes with an existing face overlay edit. (as stated by Mahamundo in the download page)
As I am using these eyes (https://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/post/47205747303/this-conversion-was-requested-by-crimsonium) by Brntwaffles, that come with a face overlay edit, I have to use an iris only default eye to enjoy these..
*sad kitty noises*

nitromon
22nd Mar 2021, 10:07 PM
One note though, they don't work with default eyes with an existing face overlay edit. (as stated by Mahamundo in the download page)
As I am using these eyes (https://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/post/47205747303/this-conversion-was-requested-by-crimsonium) by Brntwaffles, that come with a face overlay edit, I have to use an iris only default eye to enjoy these..
*sad kitty noises*

Do you have photoshop? Because these are actually not that hard to do as they're all just image files. I've never done this before until this thread, so I have to do a few trial and guesses, but it didn't take long to get it working.

You can look at the textures from an iris only DR replacement and compare it to the full face textures to know what parts to wipe out and modify.

However, just a guess... looking at brnwaffle's mod in S3PE, all the textures are full face replacement except 1, which is just the iris. Try deleting ALL the textures except that one and then put it in the game (make sure you backup). Who knows, it might just be that simple if we're lucky.

---------

But of course, you know the easiest and I know it will work? Copy the whole eyeball texture from Brnwaffles' textures and just copy over Buhudain's eyeball texture, leave everything else alone like the alpha.

I just made this, see if it works. It is Buhudain's short eyelash with Brnwaffle's DR Iris.

IT NO WORK! :faceslap:

aisquared
23rd Mar 2021, 3:10 PM
Hey. Thanks for this. Tried them out and unfortunately didn't work. But I somehow found a workaround by pasting Mahamundo's eyelashes to Brntwaffles' eyes. Thanks again for helping out. :)

nitromon
23rd Mar 2021, 9:00 PM
Hey. Thanks for this. Tried them out and unfortunately didn't work. But I somehow found a workaround by pasting Mahamundo's eyelashes to Brntwaffles' eyes. Thanks again for helping out. :)

yeah, that would be my other suggestion. But still, I'm surprised it didn't work.... I wonder why... It might have to do with that one iris only texture that came with BW's iris, I saw the same texture in SR's iris mods too. It may have worked if I imported that texture into the modification I made. There are still a lot of this I haven't figured out.

Well, glad you got it working.