PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Looking for CC free supernatural sims

ladysparrow20
21st Mar 2021, 3:59 PM
Hey,

I'm looking for some supernatural Sims to add to my game, preferably minimal or no CC. I've tried googling around, but TSR and exchange seem to mostly offer (occult) Sims wearing CC. I have an unpopulated town that I want to populate with supernaturals, and I don't feel like creating every single Simmie myself. Any and all recommendations are welcome! :bunny:

Thanks in advance,
Sparrow

KatyFernlily
21st Mar 2021, 6:21 PM
https://sims-simseverywhere.tumblr.com/

ladysparrow20
21st Mar 2021, 7:32 PM
https://sims-simseverywhere.tumblr.com/

Thank you!!
I tried to download Sims, but most of the links seem to be broken. :cry: I will see if there are any that still work.

KatyFernlily
21st Mar 2021, 10:23 PM
Oh, sorry :blink:

nitromon
21st Mar 2021, 10:36 PM
I have an unpopulated town that I want to populate with supernaturals, and I don't feel like creating every single Simmie myself.

I think NRAAS SP or MC can handle that... especially SP, where there is a populate town option and I think you can set the occult % and type. Paging Dr. @Igazor

igazor
21st Mar 2021, 10:41 PM
NRaas MasterController will allow you to add occult states to already existing sims manually.

NRaas StoryProgression will allow new sims with occult states to immigrate in on their own. It's a function of SP immigration, which with its Rapid Immigration feature can be used to populate an otherwise unpopulated world all at once. The rest of StoryProgression has to be accepted and worked with though, as the immigration function can't be separated out from everything else.
http://www.nraas.net/community/StoryProgression-FAQ-Immigration

ladysparrow20
22nd Mar 2021, 3:12 PM
NRaas MasterController will allow you to add occult states to already existing sims manually.

NRaas StoryProgression will allow new sims with occult states to immigrate in on their own. It's a function of SP immigration, which with its Rapid Immigration feature can be used to populate an otherwise unpopulated world all at once. The rest of StoryProgression has to be accepted and worked with though, as the immigration function can't be separated out from everything else.
http://www.nraas.net/community/StoryProgression-FAQ-Immigration

Thank you so much! I had a look at the documentation. There seems to be a separate immigration setting for vampires only. I guess the rest of the occult immigration settings are elsewhere in the SP menu. The only thing I find problematic in this method is that some of the newly generated Sims have absolutely horrendous outfits. Maybe NRaas Dresser can help with that? I've been using NRaas' mods for years, and I still have much to learn. :D

igazor
22nd Mar 2021, 3:28 PM
Thank you so much! I had a look at the documentation. There seems to be a separate immigration setting for vampires only. I guess the rest of the occult immigration settings are elsewhere in the SP menu. The only thing I find problematic in this method is that some of the newly generated Sims have absolutely horrendous outfits.
Not sure we are talking about exactly the same place, but it should be NRaas > SP > General Options > Options: Lots > Options: Immigration/Emigration > Chance of Occult (default is 0)

After that one is set appropriately, the Town Occult Ratio setting will act as a soft cap for each occult type in play.
NRaas > SP > General Options > Options: Sims > Town Occult Ratio > (default is 50 for each occult type)

Perhaps you might bring the vampire question to us at NRaas, I have a feeling that it's not a part of the structure I've just described and those options might be for something not really related to resident immigration.

The only thing I find problematic in this method is that some of the newly generated Sims have absolutely horrendous outfits. Maybe NRaas Dresser can help with that? I've been using NRaas' mods for years, and I still have much to learn. :D
Ha, don't we all? :)

Funny thing about Dresser, it's one of the very few NRaas mods that I don't use myself. You (speaking to mods as if they were human) may tinker around with job performance, skills, personalities, relatonships, genetics, etc. all you like as long as I have the tools to set things right again when they get all futzed up. No problem. But change my sims' clothes on me? How dare you! (I live in fear of this mod)

But of course other players swear by it and the flexibility/restrictions that its more advanced features offer so there must be something good to it.

nitromon
22nd Mar 2021, 10:17 PM
The only thing I find problematic in this method is that some of the newly generated Sims have absolutely horrendous outfits. Maybe NRaas Dresser can help with that? I've been using NRaas' mods for years, and I still have much to learn. :D

That has nothing to do with NRAAS though as even the EA in-game sims creation has terrible weird outfits. Dresser can help partially and I use to use it religiously. I still have it actually, but I don't use it anymore, which I wonder why I still have it.

In Dresser what you can do is create a blacklist of clothing, etc... but the mod will only correct them after a cycle. You can turn it on so it does it periodically, but I hate that because it slows down the game when it has to check outfit every now and then. There are also functions to make it check each time a sim ages up etc... However, again, I never got the auto changer to work the way I wanted so I just use it manually.

HOWEVER... the only true way to control this is editing the CASP of every outfit yourself, which is basically what I did. Now with EA and store clothing, you can download the CASP editor and go through it and rearrange the clothing categories you don't like, even ban clothes you don't want.

For package CCs, use S3PE and edit the CASP yourself. It might be tedious at first, especially if you have many CCs, but after you get your main collection done (make sure you back it all up so you dont have to do it again), then all you have to do is check every new CC clothes you download and modify the CASP before putting it in the game.

There are limitations though, I hate it when a sim was assigned a long sleeve shirt but with a summer shorts. etc... You can't prevent that since both clothing are approved in the CASP for random, the game just doesn't know how to do sets. But that's the best we can do. The alternative, which I also do, is actually editing EVERY single sim in the game that I could. But I'm OCD, so I actually enjoy doing it.

Mandelyn
23rd Mar 2021, 7:00 AM
It's ok nitromon I alsoexit everysingle sim in my games as well, EA sucks at making sims.