PDA

View Full Version : How to uninstall sims 3 packs from launcher that keeps crashing

Dimitra12345
18th Apr 2021, 5:35 PM
I have a bunch of cc and most of my ''bad'' cc or cc that I don't want in my game anymore has been installed through the sims 3 launcher using sims 3 packs since I started playing in 2012/2013. I want to remove that cc but the problem is that when I scroll down a bit in my installed content on the launcher the launcher just crashes and origin opens. How can I remove my cc? The cc that is at the top is cc that I want to keep that's why I have to scroll down to find cc that I do not want in my game. Is there a way to fix the launcher from crashing whenever I try to scroll through my cc or to as a last option remove all cc from the launcher and start on a clean slate? I have like 2000 cc in my packages folder and I guess I have as much or more in the launcher and I think it is that cc that is causing more lag in my game.

nitromon
18th Apr 2021, 10:37 PM
You're not gonna like it.

Using S3OC you load each individual dccache file in the dccache folder and look through the objects for the CC you don't want. Then you "clone" it to a package file.

Open the package file with S3PE and look at the name/type/instance of each file and then open that dccache file, locate those files you identified and delete them.

Do this if you only have a few you wanted to delete.

If you have a lot more you want to delete and only a few you want to keep. Then I suggest you use S3OC to clone the ones you want to keep as individual package files. Then just delete your dccache after you got what you want, essentially don't use Sim3pack. Then you can use that CC magic tool to merge the package files.

And this goes into the Help Forum

Dimitra12345
19th Apr 2021, 7:18 PM
Okay I'll try this method thank you, I'll come back if I have any questions or it doesn't work. Also I clicked on the help forum to post but it only led me to the wcif post I tried multiple times to click on the help forum and other forums but it only led me to wcif.

jparks.gsp
20th Apr 2021, 1:33 AM
Also I clicked on the help forum to post but it only led me to the wcif post I tried multiple times to click on the help forum and other forums but it only led me to wcif.
I think what OP means is that the "The sims 3 - Help" link on the below page actually links to the WCIF thread:
https://modthesims.info/announcement.php?f=559&announcementid=173

nitromon
20th Apr 2021, 2:42 AM
I think what OP means is that the "The sims 3 - Help" link on the below page actually links to the WCIF thread:
https://modthesims.info/announcement.php?f=559&announcementid=173

I think that is a glitch noteworthy for the admins. @Lyralei

Lyralei
20th Apr 2021, 9:32 AM
I think that is a glitch noteworthy for the admins. @LyraleiHuh, that's a new one for me! But i'll report it :) Thanks!

nitromon
20th Apr 2021, 10:03 AM
Huh, that's a new one for me! But i'll report it :) Thanks!

Oh, I thought b/c it is your post, you can just edit it. The link for the "help" section is linked to WCIF in that announcement post.