PDA

View Full Version : Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in The Sims 3: Diesel Stuff

matrix54
10th May 2012, 2:58 PM
I know what you're thinking... no it's not a car stuff pack. EA wouldn't dare do the same pack twice. :deal:

Personally, not that anyone cares, but I'm excited about this! Branded Content stuff packs always end up really good. Fans seem to really like H&M + Ikea, so hopefully, Diesel is just as good.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8147/7170554300_9feae1f914.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------
Style your Sims with the latest Diesel apparel, accessories and furniture and get ready for successful living. The Sims 3™ Diesel Stuff Pack contains the hottest fashions and home furnishings for your Sims from one of the world’s most popular lifestyle brands. Update your Sims’ wardrobes with Diesel styles straight off the runway. Dress your Sims in Diesel’s iconic cutting-edge pieces that have made it a go-to brand for denim apparel. Complete your Sims’ transformation with fashionable designs for the home featuring distinctive Diesel furniture. The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff Pack preps your Sims for the look and the lifestyle they’ve always wanted no matter what neighborhood they live in.

Dress to impress! Fit your Sims’ attitude with hot styles straight from the Diesel runway. Outfit your Sims in stylish Diesel fashions showcasing the trends that are all the rage this season!

Be chic, casual, and confident. Be tough, rugged, and modern. Upgrade your Sims’ style with the latest women’s and men’s fashions from Diesel.

Customize your Sims’ homes with industrial Diesel furnishings and décor from the showrooms of Milan to your ultimate urban loft.

Make your living room party ready, serve-up a second-date-worthy dining room or freshen up your bedroom with furnishings that reflect an edgy, urban, sophisticated style made possible by Diesel.

Bring a mix of rock and roll attitude and refined denim quality to your Sims this summer with The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff Pack.

---------------------------------------------------------

This SP is similar to:
Ikea Stuff
H&M Stuff

Furniture Style(s):
Diesel

Clothing Styles(s):
Diesel

Current Item Count:

Buy:
-Modern Dining Table
-Modern End Table
-Modern Coffee Table
-Trunk Coffee Table
-Wide Trunk Coffee Table
-Modern Desk

-Grunge Bed
-Modern Chair
-Industrial Living Chair
-Industrial Loveseat
-Industrial Sofa

-Desk Lamp
-Table Lamp
-Floor Lamp
-Ceiling Lamp

-Hanging Circular Wall Art

Build:
-Concrete Wall

Create-A-Sim:
Male:
-Top with Lines
-Graphic Tee
-Sweat Jacket
-Denim Jacket
-Layered Shirts
-Buttoned Shirt
-Blazer

-Shorts
-Jeans
-Ripped Jeans
-Boxer Shorts

-Glasses (maybe)

Female:
-Graphic Tee
-Cropped Jacket with Tee.
-Branded Tank
-Frilly Top
-Loose Top with Stars
-Bra

-Shorts with Suspender
-Jeans
-Panties

-Branded Dress
-Dress with Jacket
-Flare Bottom Jumper
-Short Dress

Pre-fab Bin Lots:

Misc.:
*Images from Simsvip.com

purexevil666
10th May 2012, 4:23 PM
I'm excited for this SP and i'll get this instead of the katy perry sweet crap :D

matrix54
10th May 2012, 4:28 PM
^Smart Move. :p

purexevil666
10th May 2012, 4:33 PM
So basically EA is just trying to make it up for us after the katy perry stuff pack? :lol:

matrix54
10th May 2012, 4:38 PM
No, they were going to do this all along. Katy Perry's crap is just there to exist...

crocobaura
10th May 2012, 4:41 PM
No, they were going to do this all along. Katy Perry's crap is just there to exist...

No, they've just released their first dual stuffpack. One contains strange fashion, the other bland fashion.

justin1010
10th May 2012, 4:44 PM
Seems kind of early for another SP (especially considering that Katy Pery pile of dung is happening too), but I can never turn away new content.

And I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm kind of glad EA has turned to a real brand for clothing designs. God knows EA's clothes have been pretty hit-and-miss, ranging from great to "What kind of mentally balanced person would wear that?!" Anyway, liking what I am seeing.

matrix54
10th May 2012, 4:47 PM
I just hope we get more furniture that what's show. The kitchen set from Diesel is AMAZING! Chances are we won't, but it'd be nice.

acid_fairy
10th May 2012, 4:59 PM
I actually can't see anything in this I'd use. It looks ugly to me; would much rather have had another Ikea and H&M pack *sulks*

Is Diesel an American brand? None of this stuff is in fashion in the UK. (Well, catsuits and playsuits were... last year.)

CowPlantsForHire
10th May 2012, 5:11 PM
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but there is already a thread on this subject. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=474771

matrix54
10th May 2012, 5:49 PM
My threads surpass your time here. You won't get it. :rofl:

kiwi_tea
10th May 2012, 5:49 PM
Matrix's pages are the official ones to my mind. SP looks nice. And expensive. If they try to charge a premium for the branding, well... ...SPs already cost c.US$40 in NZ. So eff that.

matrix54
10th May 2012, 6:05 PM
There's always price drops. :)

writerchick
10th May 2012, 6:10 PM
So far I really don't see anything I'm dying to have in my game here. Can certainly wait until they run a half price sale on this, or give it away for free with purchase of a later EP...

And if they want $30 for this, like the KPST, then I won't even be willing to pay half price for it...

Generis
10th May 2012, 6:14 PM
I'm happy that they brought in some of the industrial light furnishings from the Diesel home collection catalog...

now, industrial kitchen set, where art thou?

matrix54
10th May 2012, 6:23 PM
YES, THE KITCHEN! They'd be crazy not to give out more industrial stuff. It's not like we're gonna much anymore. I'd take just the counters, stools and a backless shower for flair. Yes please.

Throw in the windows from Apartment life, maybe the pipes - Take my money. All of it. That'd be an industrial loft!

rian90
10th May 2012, 6:25 PM
I could use some plain stuff in my game. I like it. But..I won't pay a premium price for the brand...so guess I will wait until it goes on sale.

olomaya
10th May 2012, 6:30 PM
I actually can't see anything in this I'd use. It looks ugly to me; would much rather have had another Ikea and H&M pack *sulks*

Is Diesel an American brand? None of this stuff is in fashion in the UK. (Well, catsuits and playsuits were... last year.)

Diesel is Italian. It's all over the UK (I haven't seen any stores but their line are in plenty of shops). It's sold on Asos as well.

And I don't think any of these clothes are in fashion anywhere. I'm pretty disappointed by this and baffled as they are not representing themselves well in this SP. Their actual clothes look much better.

aeval99
10th May 2012, 6:31 PM
I can't say I've ever heard of this brand, of course I'd never heard of H&M until the stuff pack either. I don't care for the look of the furniture but I'm not a fan of modern stuff. I do like the clothes though; they look like something normal people would actually wear. I really like that pantsuit in the second picture. I think I'll definitely be buying this pack. Who am I kidding...I buy any stuff pack they stick a gnome in. By my count, I've spent 60 bucks on gnomes. Corksoaking gnomes!

Tempscire
10th May 2012, 6:42 PM
Looks pretty decent from those pictures, though I'm not a fan of a t-shirt that says DIESEL across the front in big letters. Not that I'm a fan of branding being the primary decoration on clothes on real life, but I'm a Simlish purist. A Simlish alternative would be cute.

Buckley
10th May 2012, 7:00 PM
I agree about the branding, but other than that it looks pretty awesome. I like the sofa and chair a lot, and the jeans look really nice. I wish there were some new, modern hairstyles though, but I guess since they can't write DIESEL in my Sims' hair it probably won't happen. I'm still gonna spring for it though. :)

~MadameButterfly~
10th May 2012, 7:03 PM
I can't say that this one makes me want to reach for my wallet, but...at least it doesn't make me feel the need to poke out my own eyes. So that's something.

Kathwynn
10th May 2012, 7:12 PM
I have to be honest I never heard of Diesel before now.

**shrugs*

but it looks a lot better than the katy perry craptified SP

lewisb40
10th May 2012, 7:13 PM
OMG, I am hyperventilating now! I am so excited for the industrial furniture, I could pee my pants! Seriously, I need to go and I will come back in a few. :giggler:

Woohoo!

EDIT: No kitchen goodies? Damn! :(

lauratje86
10th May 2012, 7:17 PM
I quite like the look of some of the clothes. Is the "hanging circular wall art" that thing in the first image on the wall on the far left? Or is that a mirror?
I love the trunk coffee table - I'd love one of those in real life but have yet to find one I can afford (which to be honest pretty much means for free at the moment!) :-D

PhenethyaSim
10th May 2012, 7:40 PM
frankly SPs never have enough content for me to buy I love that trunk coffee table mostly because I use a trunk as my coffee table IRL but they used it what? three times in those screen shots? If they felt the need to do that I doubt that there is all that much worth while content.

cameranutz2
10th May 2012, 7:45 PM
Much better than the KP crap but, not an SP that really interests me. I'm not a fashion diva and neither are my Sims so clothing doesn't really matter to me. The furnishings may be cool, will have to wait and see but doubt it will be enough to justify buying it.

matrix54
10th May 2012, 7:46 PM
I quite like the look of some of the clothes. Is the "hanging circular wall art" that thing in the first image on the wall on the far left? Or is that a mirror?
I love the trunk coffee table - I'd love one of those in real life but have yet to find one I can afford (which to be honest pretty much means for free at the moment!) :-D

I'm not sure either. We have to wait. :p

DigitalSympathies
10th May 2012, 8:15 PM
All I have to say is: EWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

I really don't see anything in this stuff pack that I like aside from that white sofa in the last screenshot which looks like CC. I've noticed that starting in SHT, stuff has started to look more player-made and less EA-made, like with the pink and red bathing suit that looked really . . . there is no other way to describe it except like it was CC! I just am not overly fond of full-body jumpers or English splatched all across SIMLISH clothing. The trunks look alright but I'd need a closer inspection to see if I'd even consider buying it. Probably not. I'm not getting SWT, I'll probably save my cash by not getting this one too. It's just not my thing.

lauratje86
10th May 2012, 8:17 PM
I love that trunk coffee table mostly because I use a trunk as my coffee table IRL
So jealous!! :-D

I'm not sure either. We have to wait. :p
Bah! I'm rubbish at waiting.... :-)

SommarBlomma
10th May 2012, 8:26 PM
Looks like they're going to make a decent SP now. I'll buy this one probably, but still I'm waiting to see closer images of clothes and furniture. Anyway, not bad. I hope EA will never make one more EPIC mistake they made by designing that completely fugly and tasteless KP Crap Pack.

matrix54
10th May 2012, 8:54 PM
^It looks like EA is going for a more realistic approach to design, with the exception of candy coated everything.

I noticed when skulking around Starlight shores how realistic it looked, terrain aside. They opted to using things that had a real material on it - nothing from CAST. Like, the concrete wall patterns that came with the pack - they aren't cast heavy, and look good with a flat texture. Even the homes looked nice, and I could see they wanted to cram as much detail into them ass possible. Down to the clutter and home upkeep. Same with the recent store content, like the India set. Now, the stuff packs are getting the same treatment. I see great polygon usage on those chairs, and they have great detail, and in one of the shots, the denim on the jeans is bump mapped and looks like denim. They've always added little details before, but now, they seem to add them where they matter.

Looks to be a good sign for the Sims 4.

taoyingying
10th May 2012, 8:54 PM
I think I bought a Diesel messenger bag for my cousin couple of years ago, but that's all I have to do with the brand. I didn't know they sell furniture as well?

Anyway, not going to buy this SP for sure. Diesel style is too plain and boring to me. Not something I want to put on myself, or my sims.

jay_envy
10th May 2012, 9:01 PM
I like the lamps, the dining chairs and the sofa, but that's about it. The clothing looks bland as fuck and not at all worth the price of this SP.

I'm more so looking forward to KP's SP, just so I can make an over-the-top icecream parlor, where the cashiers can dress up like fairy-tale prostitutes.

Riptide651
10th May 2012, 10:45 PM
haha... katy perry crap "giggles to self"

CeJaye
10th May 2012, 11:31 PM
I hope this far far outsells the Katy Perry SP.

I was hoping for an IKEA Stuff Pack, but this seems fine. I am wondering how much YA/A Female stuff we're going to get verses YA/A Male, verses stuff for toddlers, children, teens and elders. Probably it will work out to 75% YA/A female, 23% YA/A Male, and the rest have to fight over that remaining 2%...if they even get anything at all. Teens might, but I doubt they'll bother with toddlers, children, and elders. Heck, even the Generations EP that was supposed to be about family was mostly YA/A female hair & clothes.

I'd seriously give EA all my money if they came out with a stuff pack that focused on clothes/items/hair for toddlers, children and elders. "The Forgotten Ones Stuff Pack" :lol:

Dramamine
11th May 2012, 12:44 AM
I think this will probably be a higher percentage of male clothing than usual, maybe equal between M and F, since that's pretty much how they're advertising it. Don't hold your breath for any of the other age groups though (maybe some teen stuff) because Diesel doesn't make children's clothes and it's a little young for the Elder group, imo.

*edit: I stand corrected, they do make children's clothes!*

rian90
11th May 2012, 1:04 AM
Actually, they do make children's clothes. Check out their website. http://www.diesel.com/diesel-kid

matrix54
11th May 2012, 1:12 AM
And we're getting none of that.
A pair of jeans and a Graphic Tee for each age group would have, at last been nice.

Saturnfly
11th May 2012, 1:34 AM
I find it strange that that night shirt thing is in english. D:

Dramamine
11th May 2012, 1:50 AM
Oh wow I apologize, I had absolutely no idea they made kids clothing! I guess I never really go into the kids section ha. Probably for the best... So now there really is no reason why they shouldn't put kids stuff in it.

I'm curious about why this stuff pack was announced before the next EP, is that because they changed KP's thing into a "Special Pack" or whatever? So will this come before the next EP or have they just not announced it yet?

TMBrandon
11th May 2012, 2:42 AM
Oh wow I apologize, I had absolutely no idea they made kids clothing! I guess I never really go into the kids section ha. Probably for the best... So now there really is no reason why they shouldn't put kids stuff in it.

I'm curious about why this stuff pack was announced before the next EP, is that because they changed KP's thing into a "Special Pack" or whatever? So will this come before the next EP or have they just not announced it yet?

The announcements have always been EP then Stuff Pack, then EP, we don't usually get another EP announcement until early September/late August if I remember correctly for the seasonal pattern. And a leak of photos should be coming anytime now between June and July. And you can disregard that craptopia crap pack of bs, for donkey honky candy manky pedophilia type crazy Katy Perry sweet terror special crack pack that lacks.

As for this SP, I'm excited somewhat, especially for the furniture! Hopefully the industrial kitchen is available!

matrix54
11th May 2012, 2:54 AM
It's almost required lol

Sadly, when they show off contents in the first shots, in regards to Sims 3 stuff packs, it's more or less all that's there. There are two kitchens show, and if there are kitchen items in the pack, they would have been shown already. No kitchen, Guys.

Nemiga
11th May 2012, 5:21 AM
Damn,when EA announce new EP......we allready have two SP but no clue about next EP

zigersimmer
11th May 2012, 5:38 AM
It's not for me. I expect it will be about 95% girls clothing and hairstyles.

Nemiga
11th May 2012, 8:58 AM
It's not for me. I expect it will be about 95% girls clothing and hairstyles.
like allways..

Tiinii
11th May 2012, 10:58 AM
All I have to say is: EWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

I really don't see anything in this stuff pack that I like aside from that white sofa in the last screenshot which looks like CC. I've noticed that starting in SHT, stuff has started to look more player-made and less EA-made, like with the pink and red bathing suit that looked really . . . there is no other way to describe it except like it was CC! I just am not overly fond of full-body jumpers or English splatched all across SIMLISH clothing. The trunks look alright but I'd need a closer inspection to see if I'd even consider buying it. Probably not. I'm not getting SWT, I'll probably save my cash by not getting this one too. It's just not my thing.

I second most of that. The sofa looks nice, but even there the pillows could have been done much better I reckon. And I'm not one for the clothes. And seriously, what is this English writing doing in the Sims?!?
I guess the Pack is okay for those who are into the Diesel clothes. But actually, I would have preferred something much more genuine. Are they going to stick with this awful merchandising line? Hope not ...

acid_fairy
11th May 2012, 11:12 AM
Diesel is Italian. It's all over the UK (I haven't seen any stores but their line are in plenty of shops). It's sold on Asos as well.

And I don't think any of these clothes are in fashion anywhere. I'm pretty disappointed by this and baffled as they are not representing themselves well in this SP. Their actual clothes look much better.

Ahh see I order by price when shopping on Asos which is probably why I've never seen it ;) I only know them by their perfumes which are divine.

I also find the use of English lettering odd, that's something that really bugs me and I'd hate to find a random townie walking around with 'DIESEL' splashed across their chest!

purexevil666
11th May 2012, 11:21 AM
Damn,when EA announce new EP......we allready have two SP but no clue about next EP
1- Yeah i find it weird how they'll release two stuff packs in a row O_o
2- We do have a clue, according to the fullbuild files and the buy debug from the 1.32 patch
the next EP will be based around magic/fantasy.

matrix54
11th May 2012, 12:21 PM
The Katy Perry Stuff isn't a stuff pack.

Saturnfly
11th May 2012, 12:29 PM
Well obviously SP's are easier to make than EP's, therefore make more money...

olomaya
11th May 2012, 2:42 PM
Though we haven't seen all they have to offer, but if there are no high-waisted wide-leg jeans or pants in the game, then I consider it a failure. However, that living room set would be nice to have in game but not worth buying the whole SP. I wish they would have made this a Store set instead of an SP.

I don't even know why they bother with SPs anymore now that they have the Store. Just seems like duplication of effort. At least on the Store, we can pick and choose what we want and then don't have to spend money on crap we don't want just to get the one thing that we do....and I just answered my own question. Ah.

BartholomewMaximillion
12th May 2012, 1:13 AM
Though we haven't seen all they have to offer, but if there are no high-waisted wide-leg jeans or pants in the game, then I consider it a failure. However, that living room set would be nice to have in game but not worth buying the whole SP. I wish they would have made this a Store set instead of an SP.

I don't even know why they bother with SPs anymore now that they have the Store. Just seems like duplication of effort. At least on the Store, we can pick and choose what we want and then don't have to spend money on crap we don't want just to get the one thing that we do....and I just answered my own question. Ah.
But the only thing more overpriced than stuff packs are the store items/store worlds...

Simsdestroyer
12th May 2012, 2:10 AM
I don't know what Diesel is, and I live in states. But I like the grunge look, it makes the game a little more realistic to me, so I rather have this then the KP stuff pack where none of the items I would use in my game.

TheTripWasInfragreen
12th May 2012, 2:30 AM
Decent jeans? Furniture that isn't totally fugly/useless? Color me surprised!

DigitalSympathies
13th May 2012, 7:00 PM
The Katy Perry Stuff isn't a stuff pack.

I thought that we were all in general agreement that those who don't like it pretend it's a name for a porno. ;)

Katy Perry Sweet Treats? YOU'RE LEWD.

matrix54
26th Jun 2012, 7:34 PM
That live chat... not bad.

crocobaura
26th Jun 2012, 7:49 PM
There was a live chat?

Bij0ux
26th Jun 2012, 8:51 PM
That live chat... not bad.
It took so long for them to showcase the stuff correctly =/
I don't like the fact that they "staged" it with a kinda story (the party thing, makeovers, blablabla).. It was a waste of time. The lightning was really bad and showcasing the clothes and furniture outdoors was not a good choice. Also when they tried to show the ceiling lamp and new roof (included in the Diesel patch)... that guy sucked at the controls, at some point I even felt Graham being annoyed by it.
BUT the content makes up for it in my opinion, I really love that SP even if people think it's too much photoskinning (which I disagree)

matrix54
26th Jun 2012, 9:15 PM
Oh, not it wasn't perfect by any means. :p

Compared to other live chats, it wasn't bad at all.

sierrakusterbeck
26th Jun 2012, 10:16 PM
Is there a link to watch a recording of the live chat? I missed it.

ninedoors
26th Jun 2012, 10:28 PM
Is there a link to watch a recording of the live chat? I missed it.

For you (and anyone else who might have missed it): live chat link (http://www.origin.com/the-sims-3-diesel-live-chat)

Ahhh, all the male clothes we so desperately need! Now let's throw in some better hairstyles...

SimmerSinceTS1
26th Jun 2012, 10:30 PM
As if we weren't really able to distinguish the difference between the in-game clothes and the real-life ones. Yeah, Graham. Right.

However, this is definitely looking to be the best SP for The Sims 3. It's like the The Sims 2 H&M equivalent for The Sims 3, only with a different brand and style of clothes.

Artimis
26th Jun 2012, 11:11 PM
The clothes on this stuff pack awful, when are they going to bring out the sims 3 tesco? That would just be wonderful.

crocobaura
26th Jun 2012, 11:27 PM
Why is Graham growing his nails? :lol: :wtf:

matrix54
26th Jun 2012, 11:40 PM
Why is Graham growing his nails? :lol: :wtf:

To look like a werewolf for the live chat later.

SimmerSinceTS1
27th Jun 2012, 12:00 AM
To look like a werewolf for the live chat later.

He might as well trim them, seeing as how werewolves are going to be wussified. :)

Actually, I didn't notice that he had long nails. It's just probably from being overworked.

tiffyandthewall
27th Jun 2012, 12:05 AM
This looks so...uninteresting? Uninspired? I don't know, I'd actually pick the KP SP over this (in theory - I wouldn't spend money on anything that I thought might get back to her). It just seems like poorly fitting versions of clothing they already have in the base game. Maybe they just didn't pick the best stuff for the previews? New advertising concept?

sierrakusterbeck
27th Jun 2012, 1:08 AM
Ok, the lighting in the live chat is terrible. I get that they want the whole fancy party/bachelor pad vibe in the video, but I could hardly see any of the details on the "assets" that they were raving about.

Srikandi
27th Jun 2012, 2:11 AM
For those asking "why Diesel, as opposed to some other brand": presumably because that is who they could cut a lucrative deal with. Branded stuff in the Sims is purely and simply in-game advertising; something I always thought a majority of simmers have always opposed, based on the overwhelmingly negative reaction to ads on the billboards and so on that were originally going to be part of the game (but were never really implemented, due I assume to player resistance).

EA presumably gets a chunk of change from the brand as well as what it gets selling the packs, which means it's double-dipping. If they gave these ad packs out free, that'd be one thing, but CHARGING for em is like making you pay to watch an infomercial :p

So, just like Katy Perry, I will just be saying no to this one.

ninedoors
27th Jun 2012, 2:50 AM
I don't know, to me it doesn't matter that this has a brand attached to it. I'd never heard of Diesel before the announcement of this SP and I can't say it gave me any growing desire to go out and buy their things. Not that I think their clothes were horrible--I just associate the SP with the opportunity for new clothing/furniture styles, things I believe we need.

Just like the H&M SP in TS2, it never made me think "OMG MUST GO TO H&M NOW HERE'S MY CREDIT CARD!" I just always thought "OMG, CLOTHES. DECENT CLOTHES." and left it at that.

I can't say I'm like the SimGurus and am desperate to go out and buy the clothes that I've put on my favourite Sim. Is anyone else a little disturbed by that notion? I like to keep my Simming and my real life separate, or who knows what might happen... suddenly my enemies' pools (pssh, I wish I had friends with pools) will have walls around them or my friends will be starting up torrid affairs just because I'm bored of their significant others or perfect lifestyles.

pico22
27th Jun 2012, 3:07 AM
It's like the The Sims 2 H&M equivalent for The Sims 3 ...
H&M had three (or was it four?) new clothing stores.

'nuff said ...

matrix54
27th Jun 2012, 3:28 AM

'nuff said ...

It was 3. ;)

Pleasant View, Veronaville and City.

Also, the difference between H&M stuff, and Diesel is that H&M came with more Clothing and items. EA probably should have opted to giving us fake boutique stuff. A salon can easily become a clothing "store".

A clothing deco rack, a sign, and some counters can do wonders. ;)

SimmerSinceTS1
27th Jun 2012, 6:42 AM

'nuff said ...

And what good would those stores do in Sims 3 when our Sims can't even shop for clothes? They shop at The Dresser.

aGOLDENbox
27th Jun 2012, 2:17 PM
For those asking "why Diesel, as opposed to some other brand": presumably because that is who they could cut a lucrative deal with. Branded stuff in the Sims is purely and simply in-game advertising; something I always thought a majority of simmers have always opposed, based on the overwhelmingly negative reaction to ads on the billboards and so on that were originally going to be part of the game (but were never really implemented, due I assume to player resistance).

EA presumably gets a chunk of change from the brand as well as what it gets selling the packs, which means it's double-dipping. If they gave these ad packs out free, that'd be one thing, but CHARGING for em is like making you pay to watch an infomercial :p

So, just like Katy Perry, I will just be saying no to this one.

Yeah, the fact that the word "Diesel" is written in big, block English letters in a game full of Similish is a pretty big advertisement and makes me not want to buy this stuff pack I was somewhat interested in. The content looks good but I dislike the English spelling in the game and I can't help shake the feeling that I could find similar content scrolling through free CC sites.

kennyinbmore
27th Jun 2012, 2:32 PM
I could use some plain stuff in my game. I like it. But..I won't pay a premium price for the brand...so guess I will wait until it goes on sale.

I only buy stuff packs on sale

pico22
27th Jun 2012, 3:07 PM
And what good would those stores do in Sims 3 when our Sims can't even shop for clothes? They shop at The Dresser.
They don't shop, they get them for free. Which is the way it shouldn't be.

I use this mod (http://www.modthesims.info/d/412721) to get around the issue. It should be resolved by EA, of course; they had another chance with this SP, but missed it once more.

SimmerSinceTS1
27th Jun 2012, 7:13 PM
They don't shop, they get them for free. Which is the way it shouldn't be.

I use this mod (http://www.modthesims.info/d/412721) to get around the issue. It should be resolved by EA, of course; they had another chance with this SP, but missed it once more.

I was being facetious. I know they get clothes for free, and I agree that it shouldn't be that way. Do you remember in the very first set of screenshots of The Sims 3 base game that there was a clothing store?

Link: http://www.g4tv.com/images/827/screenshots-the-sims-3/15542/

And thanks for that link! I had totally forgotten about that great mod!

ShortyBoo
28th Jun 2012, 12:22 AM
I hadn't paid much attention to this pack, but I ended up watching the live chat yesterday and I wasn't impressed. There's a few outfits I like, but with the amount of clothes that have English writing on them, there's not much I'll use. I don't like having writing in the game that isn't in Simlish. I don't get why they couldn't do a Simlish version of those outfits. I don't remember the H&M pack having writing all over the clothes.

ButchSims
28th Jun 2012, 1:10 AM
I don't like having writing in the game that isn't in Simlish. I don't get why they couldn't do a Simlish version of those outfits. I don't remember the H&M pack having writing all over the clothes.

This.

The only time I have ever come across anything by this brand is some CC underwear, back when there weren't as many options. I suppose it's trendy enough, but it seems like a lot a grey, a lot of denim. The styles look ok, but thank goodness for CAST.

zigersimmer
28th Jun 2012, 2:20 AM
What's the ratio of girl clothing to guy clothing in this SP? 20 to 1?

ShortyBoo
28th Jun 2012, 3:55 AM
What's the ratio of girl clothing to guy clothing in this SP? 20 to 1?

From what I've seen in the screenshots and from the live chat, it looked fairly even.

SimmerSinceTS1
28th Jun 2012, 4:10 AM
Actually, I heard there are more clothes for males this time. Let's hope it's true. I also hope children get something. Then again, the Michigander in me is totally unfamiliar with Diesel. I have no idea if they sell clothes for children. It doesn't seem so from the trailer.

ShortyBoo
28th Jun 2012, 5:20 AM
Actually, I heard there are more clothes for males this time. Let's hope it's true. I also hope children get something. Then again, the Michigander in me is totally unfamiliar with Diesel. I have no idea if they sell clothes for children. It doesn't seem so from the trailer.

The live chat confirmed that there are no clothes for toddlers, kids, teens or elders. Right at the beginning of the chat they said the clothes are just for young adults and adults. It's stupid because since Diesel makes kid's clothes it wouldn't be that hard for them to make a few more outfits for the kids and toddlers. And they could have easily made some of the same outfits that are for adults for teens and elders.

matrix54
28th Jun 2012, 5:48 AM
^Don't forget that kitchen set!

Which is, literally, the first thing you see when looking at furniture on the site.

And I wonder if that pattern on the bed is CASTtable. It's nice and all, but I don't want a grunge pattern on everything.

SimmerSinceTS1
28th Jun 2012, 4:50 PM
The live chat confirmed that there are no clothes for toddlers, kids, teens or elders. Right at the beginning of the chat they said the clothes are just for young adults and adults. It's stupid because since Diesel makes kid's clothes it wouldn't be that hard for them to make a few more outfits for the kids and toddlers. And they could have easily made some of the same outfits that are for adults for teens and elders.

I guess I should be accustomed to the other life stages getting left out. Silly me.

ButchSims
3rd Jul 2012, 2:05 AM
Don't know if this has been posted here yet, if so my bad. Official Trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIff0Q65RXo&feature=youtu.be

Anniversary
3rd Jul 2012, 2:26 AM
The furniture is kind of cool...it looks kind of messy, in a weird "made by a 3rd party CC creator who tries too hard to make their furniture look realistic and ends up making it look out of place instead" kind of way, but not so bad that it looks unusable.

Awful lot of english on the clothes, though...I guess I can pretend that in Sim World there's a third world nation out there that speaks English instead of Simlish, and that's where this stuff comes from :P

simsample
3rd Jul 2012, 11:45 AM
Why does a pair of worn out jeans lead to 'successful living'? :lol:

Also, I agree with Anniversary that I do not want english writing on my sims' clothes. I like some of the styles and furniture, though.

lisfyre
3rd Jul 2012, 7:06 PM
Awful lot of english on the clothes,

Oh hell no!! I use objects with English on it for challenges but never in my play game. Challenge stuff I delete usually but in my play game I'm a purist, no English allowed. Guess this is a pass for me.

lewisb40
3rd Jul 2012, 8:34 PM
There is an option to CASt out the "Diesel" on the shirts. I was happy when they said that.

DigitalSympathies
3rd Jul 2012, 9:17 PM
The furniture is kind of cool...it looks kind of messy, in a weird "made by a 3rd party CC creator who tries too hard to make their furniture look realistic and ends up making it look out of place instead" kind of way, but not so bad that it looks unusable.

I said this when the thread was first started, actually. It looks like they had a different design team or SOMETHING. It all looks like CC to me . . . I don't honestly know if I'll get it if not for the jeans, which we all need for our guys desperately.

ninedoors
3rd Jul 2012, 9:17 PM
There is an option to CASt out the "Diesel" on the shirts. I was happy when they said that.

It was also my understanding that some of them you wouldn't be able to. Like the Diesel tank top, for example, would always have the lettering. Unless the lettering itself is CAStable and you could just change it to the colour of the shirt so there wouldn't be any logo or design.

lewisb40
3rd Jul 2012, 9:32 PM
It was also my understanding that some of them you wouldn't be able to. Like the Diesel tank top, for example, would always have the lettering. Unless the lettering itself is CAStable and you could just change it to the colour of the shirt so there wouldn't be any logo or design.

Hmm, I have to listen to the walk through again. I thought he said that in keeping with promoting Diesel's products they had to create the tops with their logo, but there will be an option in CASt to color them out. I did assume it would cover all the Diesel stencils.

Personally, I am purchasing it for measley amount of furnishing, quite expensive compared getting it as pay items from a CC creator, but I wanted the living/bedroom set. Wished they did the kitchen, would be more happy with the SP. Clothes is a big meh moment for me.

Bij0ux
10th Jul 2012, 6:23 PM
No one got it?

matrix54
10th Jul 2012, 6:59 PM
Shocking right! :rofl:

I'm getting it soon. Just not today, though.

Bij0ux
10th Jul 2012, 7:01 PM
I thought people would already be all up in this thread by this time ;)

Periandre
10th Jul 2012, 7:48 PM
Hmm, I have to listen to the walk through again. I thought he said that in keeping with promoting Diesel's products they had to create the tops with their logo, but there will be an option in CASt to color them out. I did assume it would cover all the Diesel stencils.

Personally, I am purchasing it for measley amount of furnishing, quite expensive compared getting it as pay items from a CC creator, but I wanted the living/bedroom set. Wished they did the kitchen, would be more happy with the SP. Clothes is a big meh moment for me.

He said that some of the outfits could have the stencil removed, but not all. Then he pointed out that one of the items that couldn't have the stencil removed was the female tank top.

TheLB
10th Jul 2012, 7:55 PM
I'm gonna pass on this one. IMO, it's just so boring. This looks like a lot of the same crap I already bought from store packs. Also, the english letters weird me out perhaps more than they should.

Just cause there's so much hate ITT: I bought the Sweet Treats stuff. And liked it.

http://emotibot.net/pix/3017.gif

~MadameButterfly~
10th Jul 2012, 8:06 PM
I'm not getting this one. If they gave it to me for free, though, I'd take it.

SimmerSinceTS1
10th Jul 2012, 8:16 PM
I should get my copy on Saturday, which is generally late for me when it comes to the release date of packs. But yes, I'm surprised no one has it yet. You probably just have to go to the official forum. I'm sure a plethora of players there have it already. ;)

Captain THPS4
10th Jul 2012, 8:43 PM
I like a lot of the stuff in this pack especially the male clothes, but the English writing really bugs me. I avoid a lot of CC for the same reason. If someone made a default replacement mod that made all the English writing into Simlish or MrHawk makes a Be Less Stupid fix that disables the English clothing from random then I would be easily sold.

matrix54
10th Jul 2012, 10:40 PM
I went and got it. I couldn't I am not ashamed. ;_;

Anyway, the stuff for Sims themselves are VERY expensive. All the items are either the first, (usually) second, or third MOST expensive item in the subcategory. Don't get the grunge look fool you. I haven't looked at the clothing yet. *goes to fiddle with the stuff*
Edit: I hate the bed now. You can only change the color on the bedding, but not the pattern. >.<

matrix54
10th Jul 2012, 11:19 PM
The rumor is true. The underwear in DS gives males... um... it blesses them. :rofl:

applefeather2
11th Jul 2012, 1:31 AM
The rumor is true. The underwear in DS gives males... um... it blesses them. :rofl:
boyohboy and you won't share a peek? :bunny: :deal: :!: :alarm: :blink:

ninedoors
11th Jul 2012, 1:38 AM

as the bro saying goes: pics or it didn't happen.

Srikandi
11th Jul 2012, 1:49 AM

Hah, first thing that's piqued my interest in this pack ;) Not enough to buy it though.

As for the stencils, Velocitygrass said she was looking into getting her stencil remover to work on clothes... let's hope she succeeds :) and Matrix54, you could try some of the options on the furniture version of that on the bed... the stencil or mask remover might remove the pattern so you can do your own (just depends how it's set up).

matrix54
11th Jul 2012, 2:04 AM
Actually, none of the furniture items have multiple stencils on them, which REALLY sucks. What you see is what you get. There is all of one stencil on everything, and it stays that way, except for the bed, you can recolor it to be blue, red, etc. But the stencil remover (<3) fixes that right up.

I'll get pics. ^_^

matrix54
11th Jul 2012, 2:37 AM
Ken Doll:
http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/6299/screenshot322t.jpg

People:
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4972/screenshot323r.jpg

And some pictures of the bed and how I modified it.
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4852/screenshot324b.jpg
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3079/screenshot325u.jpg

And why I ******* LOVE THIS COUCH! It's modern and has pillows! *even if mine are ugly*
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9757/screenshot326r.jpg

================================================================

And a room...
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4739/screenshot327b.jpg

zigersimmer
11th Jul 2012, 3:36 AM
Already got a mod for that.

matrix54
11th Jul 2012, 3:48 AM
There are also nude mods but that's not the point.

When was the last time EA gave men packages? People were in shock when we got a breast slider.

ButchSims
11th Jul 2012, 4:36 AM
i agree it's about time they gave men a package, even if it isn't as "blessed" as my mod gives em....wonder if they will make a slider for THAT?

lewisb40
11th Jul 2012, 5:52 PM
So the bed is stuck with that stencil on the covers?! That sucks. I am going to pick up my copy of Diesel today, where can I find your bed with the stencil removed, Matrix?

matrix54
11th Jul 2012, 5:58 PM
Download the stencil remover. ^_^
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=478307

That bad has SO MUCH LIFE when it's taken off. It can totally be used in a girly-girl bedroom (given the fluffiness of the pillows), or in a rough and rugged grunge loft (since it's diesel). Truly one of the most usable beds (and furniture sets) in the game, if you use them right. Good for men and women... if the stencils could be removed! :wtf:

ninedoors
11th Jul 2012, 7:46 PM
And, once again, why modders come to the rescue. It does seem to fit perfectly for just about anything when you add the right textures/fabrics/colours. Thanks for showing us, matrix!

matrix54
11th Jul 2012, 8:12 PM
You're welcome. :heyhey:

I should make a frilly pink room now. :lol:

Edit: You know what - I'll make one for every EP and SP in combo with diesel. *bored* The last one I did was just the base game (aside from the BG)

soylentfiend
11th Jul 2012, 9:18 PM
Lovely job Matrix! May I ask, do you have any plans on uploading those bed recolours or are those patterns available in game already? I love the pink one.

zigersimmer
11th Jul 2012, 9:31 PM
There are also nude mods but that's not the point.

When was the last time EA gave men packages? People were in shock when we got a breast slider.

Except the EA junk only appears on the Diesel stuff, not with everything else.

matrix54
11th Jul 2012, 9:32 PM
Oh, I am so sorry, the bed recolor is gone now. It was just for reference. I'm sorry again. :(

~MadameButterfly~
11th Jul 2012, 9:39 PM
I love the stencil remover. I've been having so much fun with it. Especially with store bought clothes that have burned me in the past. I'd go to color something, only to find that it wasn't recolorable!

I bet it is really handy to use on this SP. I almost wonder how handy it would be to use on the Sweet Treats, also.

ninedoors
11th Jul 2012, 9:52 PM
For those of you who have yet to buy Diesel and want a quick preview, LGR has released his review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sboyE8OBhq8

velocitygrass
11th Jul 2012, 9:58 PM
As for the stencils, Velocitygrass said she was looking into getting her stencil remover to work on clothes... let's hope she succeeds :)
The new version already supports both build/buy and CAS.

MiniMimi
12th Jul 2012, 12:39 AM
Yeah but removing the stencils of all the NPCs who decide to wear Diesel written clothes would be really long and an endless process if you have to load CAS for each NPCs, I'll make a default stencils override thing. It's fast to do when you're used to it. Plus if I restyle too many npcs generally my game crashes so I have no choice actually. The ideal would be an option to click on the sims "remove stencil", just like the furniture.

matrix54
12th Jul 2012, 1:00 AM
Now, time tired. :lol:

World Adventures:
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7127/screenshot328i.jpg

Ambitions (I hate this one):
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3207/screenshot334i.jpg

Late Night:
http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/4479/screenshot331v.jpg

Generations:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9089/screenshot332t.jpg

Pets:
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4526/screenshot333z.jpg

Showtime (It looks like an EA shot, and I love it :rofl:
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6466/screenshot329a.jpg

zigersimmer
12th Jul 2012, 4:02 AM
I already have so many sets of furniture in my game that these items just don't pop for me. Actually, they meh instead. I'm not at all impressed by the guys clothing (jeans = Levi's, it's in the Bible) and, quite frankly, I never need another piece of gal clothing added to my game ever again; I'd like to get rid of pretty much all of what I have already.

I agree with LGR, a Vin Diesel Stuff Pack would be better.

DigitalSympathies
12th Jul 2012, 4:39 AM
WHY IS EVERYONE CALLING IT DS

I AM DS

*runs and hides under table, rocking back and forth whilst hyperventilating*

THIS IS TOO MUCH TO HANDLE

*TV turns on*

In other news, DigitalSympathies will be embarking on a four-day trip to house hunt with her boyfriend (and his son) and will probably buy this stuff pack there, hoping and praying that when she gets back home that people will have stopped calling it DS so that she can crawl out from under her mental table. Now, in sports -

matrix54
12th Jul 2012, 4:42 AM
What abbreviation would you like us to give? :)

DigitalSympathies
12th Jul 2012, 4:56 AM
DIES?

*snickers*

matrix54
12th Jul 2012, 5:05 AM
You... you monster... D:

I was gonna write that! :gjob:

kiwi_tea
12th Jul 2012, 5:32 AM
Sims 3DS

wiqvonfrege
13th Jul 2012, 9:10 AM
I wonder if I'm pervert enough to get it just because of the male junk.

lewisb40
13th Jul 2012, 7:50 PM
Well my mom said there is nothing like "bought sense". Guess she was right, but I have paid too much to learn do not trust EA's walkthrough and Q&A's. This pack sucks (IMHO) and if I didn't use velocitygrass' mod, I wouldn't use to many pieces in the game. Did I say I hate how the clothes fit on my huskier males, and my curvy females? Yeah, I hate the clothes too. EDIT: Well the male undies are quite impressive. :)

Why did I have to go buy this SP? Hope I learned my lesson this time because it is getting expensive and my hard head needs softening. :faceslap: :help:

wiqvonfrege
13th Jul 2012, 8:46 PM
Is it just me or the clothes have kinda photoskinned/flat look (except for male undies of course :DDD)?

chyrun
13th Jul 2012, 8:51 PM
I'm not impressed at all. The mens jeans look like they've been crawling in the sewers, eww. The furniture is plain ugly, except for the bed(without the eye-gourging pattern), couch and armchair. And the tops make everyone look fat. Period. I'm considering uninstalling it. The only reason I have not done it yet are the womens jeans.

This stuff pack seems to have the least items? Am I right?
IMHO, it's not worth a purchase, like at all. Unless you're a die-hard Diesel fan and I'm not. But then again, who is?

Captain THPS4
13th Jul 2012, 8:53 PM
Yeah a few of them do look photoskinned, the one that stands out most to me is the jean jacket for males. I think the reason why this pack seems to have the least stuff is because they put more emphasis on clothing. Not sure about exact item counts but there probably are more clothes than usual in a stuff pack but of course much less furniture as a result.

I want a Thomas The Tank Engine stuff pack featuring Diesel now. It's actually not that bad an idea since the kids always need more stuff. Thanks, phreakindee. :lol:

lewisb40
13th Jul 2012, 8:58 PM
And the tops make everyone look fat. Period. I'm considering uninstalling it. The only reason I have not done it yet are the womens jeans.

Thinner sims look a bit better in the clothes, but who play with only one size of sims? Well I don't, so I don't think my actives will be wearing much of the clothing. I did dress up one of my active males in the sweater and dark jeans, they look okay but not well fitted for his buffed body.

Can someone explain to me why EA only like to make male jackets so short? It looks too odd and turns me off from some of the male clothes that have potential if they were a bit longer. Sigh.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention the tank dress that's mid-calf lenth in the female outfits section. I can see the SP team just took the Grandma dress for female elders and added a tank top cut on the upper body, then categorized it for YA/Adults. Wow, that is being creative. (ends sarcasm)

matrix54
13th Jul 2012, 9:16 PM
Yeah, that dress was kind of ugly. :/

Like, why did it even go into the stuff pack. There was nothing special about it at all. And the female tank and dress with diesel written across it. :rofl:

virgalibabe
13th Jul 2012, 9:30 PM
I'm so disappointed that this pack didn't come with any shoes. Especially when these

http://i.imgur.com/Dh7F6.jpg

look so hot and go so well with

http://i.imgur.com/j0lAo.jpg

Just imagine the red, blue and the large white bit of the shoes CAStable to match the hoodies.

*Drools*

Captain THPS4
14th Jul 2012, 2:27 AM
Heh, that would have been great if those shoes were added in. I like colour coordinating my wardrobe and that usually translates to my sims.

Srikandi
14th Jul 2012, 3:03 AM
BTW, for people who like the clothes but don't like the logos, VelocityGrass HAS now added stencil/overlay/etc removal capability to CAS :D http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=478307

Not good enough for me personally to pick this one up, but seemed like there were a few people for whom that was the sticking point :p

cookniro
14th Jul 2012, 6:41 AM
Well my mom said there is nothing like "bought sense". Guess she was right, but I have paid too much to learn do not trust EA's walkthrough and Q&A's. This pack sucks (IMHO) and if I didn't use velocitygrass' mod, I wouldn't use to many pieces in the game. Did I say I hate how the clothes fit on my huskier males, and my curvy females? Yeah, I hate the clothes too. EDIT: Well the male undies are quite impressive. :)

Why did I have to go buy this SP? Hope I learned my lesson this time because it is getting expensive and my hard head needs softening. :faceslap: :help:
Was curious how they looked on heavier Sims since the Team made a point to sending all the Sims Females to the "Gym" before they could come to the party wearing the clothes. Also would be nice to see on heavier men.
Pleas post a few pics on heavier Sims, especially the outfits with the real problems. So, we have a better preview. :report: That is if you don't mind.
Thanks.

matrix54
14th Jul 2012, 6:52 AM
There was a heavier Sim at the party. He was in Shorts.

Fashion, as a market, lends itself to thinner people. Sad, but true.

I predict about 15 dislikes. Life goes on.

lewisb40
14th Jul 2012, 6:58 AM
There was a heavier Sim at the party. He was in Shorts.

Fashion, as a market, lends itself to thinner people. Sad, but true.

I agree and will probably get as many dislikes, but I don't care. EA usually do a good job of offering clothes that will compliment any sized sim but the clothing in this pack is EFF'D UP. Well, except for the male undies. Very surprised about the male undies. :up:

To the person that ask me to post pictures, I can't right now because I am away from home and posting on my tablet. If you can wait until Sunday, I will gladly post some. :)

zigersimmer
14th Jul 2012, 8:29 PM
I agree and will probably get as many dislikes, but I don't care.
I'm working on my Disagree honor badge. :jest:

annoellyn
15th Jul 2012, 3:25 PM
well, glad I'm not the only one really disappointed in this stuffpack. No shoes. Some really questionable dresses and tops and I thought there was going to be way more content. A few of the ladies jeans are nice.

Annie

BloodyScholastic
16th Jul 2012, 2:44 PM
Ahahahaha!! I couldn't stop laughing watching LGR review. He's always hit the right spot what I, and umm also the entire simmers, were really want to say about the content, honestly.

Mind me to write my honest opinion about this SP for second time? After seeing all stuff showed in LGR youtube video of course.

I was hoping that the clothing and stuff that will show up in review could be better compared to the preview images earlier. I was hoping I was wrong, at that time. Well, the fear has come. The clothing, look pretty average too me. The female clothing, overall not too bad and not that really great. Look too photoskinned, especially for the jeans and male jackets. When I saw clothing in Late Night and Generation EP, clothing textures aren't too photoskinned like in Diesel SP.

I don't really dislike about the clothing texture factor, umm, yeah, they're still okay, to deliver semi-realistic appearance clothing especially for simmers that like to put more realistic wear on their sims, rather than "shiny" clothing that simmers have always complained about. The jeans, the specialty of Diesel brand that really bring onto the SP were, awesome :gjob: Very nice texture quality, apparently they're big improvement compared to the old jeans on earlier EP & SP.

Also those awkward looking living chair and coffee table. Am I the only one thinking the white living chair looks too CC? Pause LGR video on 3:56. "We also got this really stupid looking tables" as LGR says to the blue table... See the flat bluish texture...I don't know what to call it... futuristic? Glass? Stingray fossil? Ugh.. Whatever is that, the table wouldn’t fit into my décor.. Then the study table, isn't look really bad, I like the design and color, maybe it looks too modern for some simmers. Unfortunately the only colorable channels are the legs of the table, as LGR says.

My problems are:
-Blatant advertising with English word written over the clothes. We customers would pay the Stuff Pack with the big title "DIESEL" on the middle of cover, why would we receive big "DIESEL" ads all over again, on the clothes the sims wearing?! We already knew that clothes are Diesel Stuff Pack..
Branded stuff pack.. is not the point we simmers purchase the *virtual* clothing pack. We put clothes that fit nicely on our sims and also nice to our eyes, not to pay an attention of that annoying and distracting big "DIESEL" words. I bet those clothes would be unused completely, then simmers would find the alternatives, like mods, CC, to remove those big hideous words, only to make those clothes usable. If EA concerns about the Diesel sponsor side, put the Diesel word with smaller, reasonable font (just don't burn our players' eyes) on poster hanging on wall, blend with picture of sims models wearing Diesel clothing, for example. Just like H&M on TS2 poster, isn't too annoying, it's pretty actually. Put the Diesel word on sims' cap and accessories like hand-band, bracelet, sunglasses, can be a good idea. Apparently there is no poster, just coffee tables, living chair, and bed. The words stuck on clothing unfortunately :(

-Disappointing male clothes. This SP supposed to be filling the gaps for male clothing, after the *coughcoughKatyPerrycoughcough* What EA has done was put “average” looking clothes for male. Jacket, shirt, t-shirt, hoodies.. Really average that aren’t too special to put on Stuff Pack. There is no reason of less making male clothes because limited style factor of male clothing compared to the female ones, look at these variations of DIESEL male fashion show: http://www.dieselblackgold.com/men/preview_fw12/gallery

-Where are the shoes.. and the accessories?? Again, these sections are a bit neglected. Very lacking in male section. Look how many male accessories on this (http://www.diesel.com/accessories/filter/male/ss12) and this (http://www.diesel.com/eyewear/male) and this (http://www.diesel.com/jewellery/filter/male/s12)

-...And kids clothing???? Actually Diesel has them: HERE (http://www.diesel.com/diesel-kid/collection)