PDA

View Full Version : Looking for extracted gables from Midnight Hollow

fluttereyes
8th Apr 2018, 12:53 PM
I own Midnight Hollow but I'm sick of having it installed just to use these gables. Uninstalling the world is messing with my own Scottish Traditional world.
1. It makes my game heavier with content than I like
2. I'm sick of scrolling through all the crap I don't use to get to just these items and to find my good CC.
Does anyone know if anyone has successfully extracted them from the world? I've tried to open the world file in S3OC but it won't open it and I've given up. If anyone has these gables already extracted I'd really appreciate having them.

Another thing that bothers me is that I love the ship diner from Barnacle Bay but I really don't want all that pirate stuff in my game, so if anyone has that, again I'd really be grateful.

I'm fully willing to screenshot the store page that says I own these worlds if needed.

Thanks

Don Babilon
8th Apr 2018, 4:22 PM
Sharing the extracted items would still be sharing of paid EA content, so piracy in a way.

But you can extract them yourself, using s3rc to decrypt the sims3pack first and then MultiInstaller to extract all package files that are inside the sims3pack. Custard can help you with identifying them (Midnight Hollow contains a lot of items) and decrypted Store stuff can also be opened with S3PE.

Blyss
8th Apr 2018, 4:40 PM
I'm not sure you would have found the items you're looking for, even if you were able to open the world file (assuming you're talking about the file that is in the InstalledWorlds folder).
But there are more than one method to get specific items from a world.

If you don't want to use too many third-party tools:
Launcher
s3rc at MATY (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15129.0.html)

When you install Sims3packs using the Launcher, individual packages contained in the Sims3pack will get extracted in the DCBackup folder. It is not actually used in game and it's just there as, well, a backup.

This means that if you never touched this folder, it should contain a certain number of ".package" files with names like random numbers and letters. Now, what you could do is open every packages in this folder in S3PE and look at their thumbnails or icons to find the right files...

Note that you won't be able to open them with S3PE if you've not run the Sims3packs (before installing) or the packages through s3rc first.
Just drag and drop the files onto "s3rc.exe", wait and it's done!

So that's a first idea, but maybe a bit time consuming even if you decided to create a new Sims 3 folder with only Midnight Hollow installed?

So, you could also use those tools:
Delphy's CUSTARD (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=390235)
Delphy's Multi-Extracter (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038)
s3rc at MATY (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15129.0.html)

Keep a backup of your original Sims3packs for this!

1) Run the Sims3pack through s3rc (if you don't run the files through s3rc, I found that the descriptions stay blank in Custard and that's not really much help when you want to find the right object)
2) Open with Custard, only select the items you want for extraction and save
3) Open Multi-Extracter and extract the packages from your Sims3pack in a folder

or
Extract everything and match the names of the items of interest you find in Custard to the names of the packages.
If you never deleted any files from the DCBackup folder, this name matching can also be done with those files.

Edit: or you could follow what was just said in a much more concise way by Don, aah.

fluttereyes
8th Apr 2018, 6:10 PM
I'm not sure you would have found the items you're looking for, even if you were able to open the world file (assuming you're talking about the file that is in the InstalledWorlds folder).
But there are more than one method to get specific items from a world.

If you don't want to use too many third-party tools:
Launcher

When you install Sims3packs using the Launcher, individual packages contained in the Sims3pack will get extracted in the DCBackup folder. It is not actually used in game and it's just there as, well, a backup.

This means that if you never touched this folder, it should contain a certain number of ".package" files with names like random numbers and letters. Now, what you could do is open every packages in this folder in S3PE and look at their thumbnails or icons to find the right files...

Note that you won't be able to open them with S3PE if you've not run the Sims3packs (before installing) or the packages through s3rc first.
Just drag and drop the files onto "s3rc.exe", wait and it's done!

So that's a first idea, but maybe a bit time consuming even if you decided to create a new Sims 3 folder with only Midnight Hollow installed?

So, you could also use those tools:
Delphy's CUSTARD (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=390235)
Delphy's Multi-Extracter (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038)

Keep a backup of your original Sims3packs for this!

1) Run the Sims3pack through s3rc (if you don't run the files through s3rc, I found that the descriptions stay blank in Custard and that's not really much help when you want to find the right object)
2) Open with Custard, only select the items you want for extraction and save
3) Open Multi-Extracter and extract the packages from your Sims3pack in a folder

or
Extract everything and match the names of the items of interest you find in Custard to the names of the packages.
If you never deleted any files from the DCBackup folder, this name matching can also be done with those files.

Edit: or you could follow what was just said in a much more concise way by Don, aah.

I have the world sims.pack and I installed that on a clean folder alone to try and open each part in the dcbackup folder, also tried opening from library, but S3OC wouldn't open them. I think I'm had it but I really don't want all those horrible clothes and plants back in my game. Mostly I was able to download certain items from store sets I've bought and that helped, there were big sets I only use on items from. Some things like worlds though they don't allow you to download individual items. I paid for that stuff, I should have the right to choose what I want from it.

fluttereyes
8th Apr 2018, 6:12 PM
Sharing the extracted items would still be sharing of paid EA content, so piracy in a way.

But you can extract them yourself, using s3rc to decrypt the sims3pack first and then MultiInstaller to extract all package files that are inside the sims3pack. Custard can help you with identifying them (Midnight Hollow contains a lot of items) and decrypted Store stuff can also be opened with S3PE.

Hardly illegal if the item is bought and paid for, like I said I can prove I bought it by screenshotting the page it's on.

Don Babilon
8th Apr 2018, 8:03 PM
I have the world sims.pack and I installed that on a clean folder alone to try and open each part in the dcbackup folder, also tried opening from library, but S3OC wouldn't open them. I think I'm had it but I really don't want all those horrible clothes and plants back in my game. Mostly I was able to download certain items from store sets I've bought and that helped, there were big sets I only use on items from. Some things like worlds though they don't allow you to download individual items. I paid for that stuff, I should have the right to choose what I want from it.You can't open them because they are encrypted. You will need S3RC in order to decrypt them. There's no other way.

fluttereyes
9th Apr 2018, 7:27 PM
Thanks everyone, look like I need to try the MATY tool and if it doesn't work I lose the gables, not willing to have all that junk in my game anymore.

HugeLunatic
6th May 2018, 9:44 PM
Extracting content from packs you legally purchased for personal use is just fine. We do NOT allow sharing of this type of content on MTS as it is piracy.

Locking because you have been given directions on how to extract your content yourself.