All-placement "Open/Closed" sign (CUSTOM version)
Uploaded 21st Jun 2006 at 12:27 AM · Updated 21st Jun 2006 at 12:36 AM by Numenor
(*CUSTOM* Version. There is also a Global-Mod Version HERE)
Since I first got my hands on Open for Business, I was annoyed by the impossibility to place the "Open/Closed" sign other than on walls.
So, I've created this new "Open/Close" sign that can be placed on the ground and on any surface (tables, end tables, counters). I've set it to change automatically its mesh depending on the chosen position: when placed on the floor, a high stand appears; on tables, there is a short stand; on the wall, the sign just hangs on a hook, like the Maxis sign.
This is a completely autonomous object, it does NOT overwrite anything and can be used as an alternative to the Maxis sign, or in conjunction with it.
There is only a small known limitation: if you open/close your business using this sign, *all* the signs in the lot are changed accordingly (included the Maxis ones); but if you use a Maxis sign, these custom signs will NOT be updated accordingly.
This is because I've "taught" to my sign to recognize and manage the Maxis ones, but no one did the opposite!
If you don't want to suffer this limitation, I've also created a special Global-Modded replacement for the Maxis sign, that can be found HERE: choose freely which "flavour" you like more
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Few know the Open and Closed sign's exciting origins. During an ancient battle, the almost defeated Red Army waved a flag that read "Closed." Utterly confused, the Blue Army stopped fighting. At 9 AM the next morning, the Reds changed the banner to "Open" and went to work on their unsuspecting foes. In a world where war means business, the tradition lives on.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
|Open for Business|
Size: 33.7 KB · Downloads: 18,136 · 21st Jun 2006
|33.7 KB||18,136||21st Jun 2006|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Redistribution Policy and License Agreement
It's FORBIDDEN: to repost my stuff anywhere.
It's FORBIDDEN: to clone my creations.
It's ALLOWED: to create recolours for my objects (and post them on any site, including paysites), BUT you can't include the mesh in your recolour: you must give credits to me for the mesh, and provide a link to the mesh download thread.
It's ALLOWED: to include my creations in your lots, BUT the lots must be uploaded on free sites (except the Exchange), and you must provide credits and a link to the download thread.