New mesh, new fun object: examinable casket
Updated: 7th Dec 2008 at 10:23 PM by -Maylin-
So, this is a casket. A sim can:
- open it
- close it
- examine it, in both open/close states - functionality is heavily 'borrowed' from book reading functionality: sim grabs the casket; finds a seat, if not, stands or sits on floor; then looks into casket, sometimes shows thought about it, sometimes changes face expressions (smile, confused, interested, surprise), and increases Fun quite fast (forgive me, the poor cheater :o ); when cancelled or finished, sim stands up and tries to place casket on nearby surface (sometimes drops on floor; sorry, I still don't understand well how this part functions)
It can be found in Hobbies/Recreation.
It should cost more as time passes (+25 simoleons per day); sorry my lazyness, though - I didn't waited for whole day to see if it's really so. Please inform me if I'm mistaken in this part :o
It works in base game an with all EPs.
The mesh consists of 2 subsets: 'casket' and 'contents'. Both are recolorable and bumpmap-enabled. 'contents' subset is actually 2 planes one under another - I decided that it's no use of putting high-poly mesh there, so you can recolor it to almost anything relatively flat.
The package includes 3 recolors for each subset:
- for casket - wooden with black panels, textiled, and chrome
- for contents - pearls, gold jewelry, and empty (the last recolor contains no texture files, so it's no use to recolor off it - use the other two)
- casket - 60 faces, 114 vertices
- contents - 4 faces, 8 vertices
Mesh was created in 3dsmax and imported using skankyboy's smd plugin.
The joint-related stuff (CRES and GMDC), and prototype for open animation was taken from microwave object; joints were moved, animation was remade from scratch in MilkShape.
Thanks to Echo for telling how to play animation backwards and for the adding BHAV tutorial.
Carry animations were taken from platedessert object and were edited in itself. Thanks to quaxi for the and built-in ANIM editor
Thanks to Akulina for the screenshots well, it was her request in the beginning :p
Feel free to recolor, but please link back to this thread.
For this object only, I allow to clone and remesh it, and alter joint positions/animations. Please mention, though, that I created the prototype :o and don't post on pay sites.
Added: those who asking where hair/shirt/anything else other than the casket came from, see this comment in this thread.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||OBJ_decorcasketsquareJasana.package (inside OBJ_decorcasketsquareJasana.rar)|
|Title||Casket - Square|
|Description||This casket that can be opened, closed, and examined in both states (increases Fun). Requested by Akulina. Made by Jasana, ICQ: 54729609.|
Size: 842.4 KB · Downloads: 14,868 · 23rd Aug 2006
|842.4 KB||14,868||23rd Aug 2006|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Feel free to recolor my objects/clothing meshes, but don't post them as donation or pay items, and don't forget to credit me properly.
Ask for permission if you want to clone my object/mesh. I'm likely to give permission if result is going to be free.
You may use my creations in your sims/houses, and include them to upload, if they are posted as free items. Please give link to the thread where you got them - for bugreporting and updates.
Please don't upload my stuff to Exchange.
I do not take requests - I have more unfinished projects and ideas then the time to complete them :(
For Russian-speaking downloaders - если у вас есть жалобы по работе моих объектов, оставляйте их здесь, пожалуйста. Я не могу исправить ошибки, если я о них не знаю ;)