Making Useless Maxis Meshes Useful - Replacement Pack for AMBodyDisco (Defaults & Non-Defaults Added!)
Updated: 2nd Jul 2013 at 8:00 PM
Default replacement version (for OfB): I have done a new mesh which will replace the default, removing the stupid scarf and the ring. In order to get them to go away entirely (as there were still shadows left on the textures even with those mesh parts removed) I had to do default replacement textures, and in doing so, I thought I'd make some much more simple, understated, useful recolours. These will ENTIRELY replace the five Maxis outfits already in your catalogue and will not have a * on them (they'll be in with the Maxis clothing) and only work for adults. The mesh will also work for any other recolours you may have, though if they left on the scarf shadow and ring shadow on their texture, it may look a little odd. You may have to clear out the contents of your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Thumbnails folder (delete all the .package files within - they just regenerate so this is perfectly safe) for the new textures and mesh to show up properly on the thumbnails, but they should work regardless on your sims. The default replacement version requires Open For Business!
Remember that if you do recolours based on my new mesh, you'll need to direct downloaders to my mesh to make sure your creation looks the same in their game as it does in yours. These recolours, being default replacements, will -not- pack with sim uploads, so if you want to share a sim wearing one of these outfits, you'll need to link downloaders to get this pack separately (or in their game the sim will be wearing one of the ugly originals).
2161 polygons, 1635 vertices (lower than the original by a few). Has a fat morph - not Maxis dumpy "I'm pregnant with a throw pillow" fat but more just a normal, non-slim body that contrasts nicely with the extra-slim body shape of this mesh.
- Tiggerypum, for teaching me almost everything I know about meshing.
- Wes_h, for the Unimesh plugins for Milkshape, used in the creation of this mesh.
- Dr Pixel, for all kinds of various bits of useful meshing info that have helped me along the way.
- Everyone who has contributed to the creation and development of SimPE.
- MTS2, the rest of the staff, and Delphy, for creating a such a fantastic place to learn and share information, so I could figure out how to do cool stuff like this.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 1.44 MB · Downloads: 9,492 · 28th Sep 2006
|1.44 MB||9,492||28th Sep 2006|
Size: 1.31 MB · Downloads: 15,916 · 28th Sep 2006
|1.31 MB||15,916||28th Sep 2006|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.