Updated 18/12/06: Beach life Vs the Street life
Updated: 13th Oct 2007 at 4:42 PM
G'day guys! Me and my gorgeous girlfriend are having a dilemma. See, we're planning to furnish our living room, and we're having a disagreement; yknow, she's a full-on beach kinda girl, and I'm more street kinda guy, so whose passion is going up the wall, her surfboard or my skateboards?
Anyway, so I thought Id let you guys get in on this for a bit, being champs that you are :P
Since some of you guys requested these items from my last thread, would you guys please test these out for me?
This set contains 7 new meshes, and recolours.
Require only the base game
I'm pretty happy with the specs, although it's still mixed bags, with some older objects having too high a face counts. Here are the specs: (Polygon count)
As you can see, I've improved the polygon counts since my last object, but Ill make a special mention that the Table Lamp has really high Pol count and should only be used by PC's of the higher end, sorry to say.
These are made with: SimPE, 3ds Max, Wings 3d, MilkShape and UVMapper
Textures of the skateboards are from the skateshop, and one of them is mine
Longboards are by Walden
The wall lights can be found in Lighting > Wall,
The Surfboard and Skateboards can be found in Decorative > Wall hanging,
And Coffe table in Surfaces > Coffee Table... I'm prety sure you don't need me saying that one, but just following procedures
Recolours: Please refer to my profile
The Sofas are mine from here
Dark blue wall by http://holysimoly.com/index.cfm?go=...047D1008013395F
the rest are maxis' or mine.
Ok, have you decided which room looks better? Cmon, skateboards on the wall looks way better don't you reckon? :P
Alright, thanks for testing these out if you are, and please report any faults and problems
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 113.0 KB · Downloads: 20,877 · 18th Dec 2006
|113.0 KB||20,877||18th Dec 2006|
Size: 148.9 KB · Downloads: 22,637 · 14th Dec 2006
|148.9 KB||22,637||14th Dec 2006|
Size: 354.8 KB · Downloads: 21,005 · 14th Dec 2006
|354.8 KB||21,005||14th Dec 2006|
Size: 58.4 KB · Downloads: 23,519 · 14th Dec 2006
|58.4 KB||23,519||14th Dec 2006|
Size: 332.1 KB · Downloads: 32,676 · 14th Dec 2006
|332.1 KB||32,676||14th Dec 2006|
Size: 303.4 KB · Downloads: 28,714 · 14th Dec 2006
|303.4 KB||28,714||14th Dec 2006|
Size: 48.5 KB · Downloads: 27,054 · 14th Dec 2006
|48.5 KB||27,054||14th Dec 2006|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Also I've received numerous messages that seem to be enquiring on recurring topics. Here Ill put on a couple of faq's to help you.
Q - Those walls and floors in my screenshots in the "Great Aussie Bathroom", where can I get them?
A - You can't, those were made by me, and deleted by me, stupid me.
Q - After Ive installed the apartment expansion, the maxis modular sofas don't work anymore, why?
A - If you have my modular sofas with Inge's patch, chances are you'll need to download the updated patch by Inge. I've provided the link to Inge's page on my modular sofa's pages.
Q - The shiny floor??
A - Those were made by Murano and Ive provided the credits for those, didnt I?
- Any other problems you think mightve been caused by my creations, report them on the downloads page. Please only send a pm when yuor questino is unrelated to the particular objects etc. or if it's personal or inappropriate to the public eyes... nothing disturbing thogh :-)
- My objects can be packaged/uploaded in your lots
- No need to credit me, just share, sharing is good
For those recolouring,
- Don't need to link back to page for my meshes, i.e., you can include them in your downloads if you want