Ashley Cataline Double Bed MESHv2 & 11 recolors
Updated: 12th Sep 2009 at 1:46 PM by -Maylin-
The headboard is rounded with raised trim and accents. The support for the mattress is a simple box with 2 cube-like feet. The feet match the trim and accent colors.
In addition to the base object which comes in onyx-gold (shiny black with gold trim and accents), it comes in lapis (blue marbled with black), malachite (green marbled with black), quartz (off-white marbled), and wood (sort of an orangey color). The backs of the headboards on all of the ones labelled gold 1 and silver 1 match the fronts of the headboards. The backs of the headboards on all of the ones labelled gold 2 and silver 2 are black.
I cloned this from a base Maxis bed so it should work with just the base game. If you experience any problems with this bed, please let me know.
Thanks to Teknofil for showing me how to mesh, to Fresh-Prince for patiently spending hours guiding me through and the object creation process and answering my questions, to HystericalParoxysm, Simaddict, LyricLee, JohnBrehaut, Lethe, Delphy, Star, Anna, Missangela, and everyone else at the sims2community chat who put up with my incessant questions (sorry for any names I left out), and to Monkeeleader for inspiration. I could not have done it without you folks! Thank you!
Recolors are welcome. I want people to enjoy this. You may upload this with lots. My only restriction is that I do not want any recolors being put in the pay section of any paysites.
Here are some of the other pieces of this furniture set:
Ashley Cataline Single Bed MESH and 11 recolors The single version of this bed based on the improved mesh.
Ashley Cataline End Table with Doors Based off of the nightstand from my real furniture set. Comes with 11 recolors.
Ashley Cataline End Table with Drawers A drawered version of the nightstand. 11 recolors.
Ashley Cataline Mirror Floor mirror that can be set behind objects without moveobjects cheat. Created to match the upcoming dresser. 11 recolors
Ashley Cataline Dresser MESH: a 3-tile wide dresser that doubles as a surface.
Ashley Cataline Armoire. 2 tile wide armoire that doubles as a surface.
Coming sometime in the future... Ashley 2-tile TV stand (as soon as I work out the kinks). You can see a preview here
I also recommend my Simbeam Animated Wall Clock based on the Sunbeam clock I have in my room.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: The Ashley Cataline Double Bed- Onyx combines sleek curves with elegant accents to create a comfortable and luxurious feeling in the bedroom. created by Su with lots of help from Fresh-Prince. Thanks also to Simaddict99, JohnBrehaut, HystericalParoxysm, Teknofil, Delphy, LyricLee, Lethe, Starbuck, Monkeeleader, and anyone else who put up with me.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 53.4 KB · Downloads: 1,058 · 18th Feb 2007
|53.4 KB||1,058||18th Feb 2007|
Size: 35.6 KB · Downloads: 1,077 · 18th Feb 2007
|35.6 KB||1,077||18th Feb 2007|
Size: 62.1 KB · Downloads: 952 · 18th Feb 2007
|62.1 KB||952||18th Feb 2007|
Size: 77.6 KB · Downloads: 951 · 18th Feb 2007
|77.6 KB||951||18th Feb 2007|
Size: 62.0 KB · Downloads: 956 · 18th Feb 2007
|62.0 KB||956||18th Feb 2007|
Size: 79.4 KB · Downloads: 972 · 18th Feb 2007
|79.4 KB||972||18th Feb 2007|
Size: 63.6 KB · Downloads: 963 · 18th Feb 2007
|63.6 KB||963||18th Feb 2007|
Size: 79.5 KB · Downloads: 997 · 18th Feb 2007
|79.5 KB||997||18th Feb 2007|
Size: 62.8 KB · Downloads: 1,013 · 18th Feb 2007
|62.8 KB||1,013||18th Feb 2007|
Size: 79.4 KB · Downloads: 1,032 · 18th Feb 2007
|79.4 KB||1,032||18th Feb 2007|
Size: 8.3 KB · Downloads: 1,139 · 18th Feb 2007
|8.3 KB||1,139||18th Feb 2007|
Size: 207.8 KB · Downloads: 1,412 · 18th Feb 2007
|207.8 KB||1,412||18th Feb 2007|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
I can sometimes do requests (so long as its not too complicated) so feel free to PM me with any requests or suggestions. Be warned that I work quite slowly though.
I haven't yet figured out how to make items for Sims 3 and I've lost all of my data for Sims 2.
I am interested in learning more about making Sims 3 items though.
Also, I talk way too much...