Backdoor Lane 29a -- City Starter
Updated: 21st Sep 2008 at 9:19 PM
Tested: Yes (a copy)
Nightlife and OfB required.
Custom content included: Invisible Driveway by roddyaleixo
For sims that are sick of living in the suburbs, Backdoor Lane provides an alternative: a couple of small town lots with a more urban look and feel. They fit together like a jigsaw puzzle, creating a maze of backyard gardens and interconnected alleyways when placed in a tightly spaced neigbourhood. Most of them work as corner lots as well as facing the street, creating a very different impression depending on how you place them and what's on the lot next door.
Backdoor Lane 29a
is one of a mini series of four small starter houses (Backdoor Lane 29a/b/c/d), they're almost identical on the outside but have slightly different floorplans. All houses have a small garden in front + back, a front and back porch, and parking space for one car behind the garden. This house has:
1 x double bedroom
1 x single bedroom (empty)
1 x bathroom (a small one -- only toilet + shower)
1 x kitchen/dining/living room
All basics included: lights in all furnished rooms and outside, phone, burglar and fire alarm, trashcan, bookshelf. This house also comes with a stove and a cheap car.
The 1-tile empty space behind the stairs could be made into a mini storage room with access from the front porch -- I didn't include that because there's other things that matter more for a starter house, I thought.
- Street view
- Interior, detail
- Overview, ground floor
- Floor plan, ground floor
- Floor plan, top floor
- Lot overview
- Neighbourhood view (all four houses; to the left of them is Rodney's Radio Shack (Backdoor Lane 13 and a small parking lot, to the right is Backdoor Lane 20)
This collection (frillen) as well as this one (loba) and that one (windkeeper), the mini lots by Andi8104 and the ones based thereupon (MaryLou) have been very useful in making the Backdoor Lane neighbourhood. Thanks for making them available, as well as for the driveway of course.
Please don't PM me with neighbourhood terrain requests (look in the Neighbourhoods section instead), downloading issues (I can't help you -- look in Site Issues, Q-XPress forums etc), or Build Mode questions (general questions go here, lot specific questions in the d/l thread). Thanks.
Lot Size: 1x3
Lot Price: 19.922§
Number of bedrooms:
Custom Content Included:
Build content only: only Walls, floors, terrain paint, fences, stairs, windows, doors, etc.
Starter Furnishings: Lot is furnished similar to how one would expect a real life furnished house or apartment to be
|Filename||lotSegmentForUpload.sims (inside pbox_BackdoorLane_29a.Sims2Pack)|
|Title||RL 1 x 3 by MaryLou www.marylousims2.it|
|Description||RL 1 x 3 by MaryLou www.marylousims2.it|
Base Price: 900|
Sellable Price: 6870
Keepable Price: 3886
Architecture Price: 10333
Furnished Price: 19922
|Size||1w x 3h|
|Open for Business|
Size: 830.9 KB · Downloads: 9,313 · 14th Apr 2007
|830.9 KB||9,313||14th Apr 2007|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
- You may want to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Official Site. instead of the game's installer, which will let you install sims and pets which may otherwise give errors about needing expansion packs. It also lets you choose what included content to install. Do NOT use to get around this error with lots and houses as that can cause your game to crash when attempting to use that lot. Get here:
Sharing and recycling:
– Feel free to recycle, you don’t need to ask.
– For the attribution, please link to the upload you’re using wherever possible (instead of my profile). This is particularly important with edits made for/with different games or game versions.
– If you use my stuff in something you make, please upload the result to a free, accessible, noncommercial site with no more restrictions than these. Code must remain open source; meshes and other material must remain re-usable.
Please do not redistribute any unmodified files – link to the upload post instead.