Metal hand accessory... and handless outfits!
Updated: 6th May 2007 at 5:57 AM by The_French_Sim
This is my first bodyshop set, as I'm more of an object maker. Now why did I create that? I was just sick of seeing one of my favourite sims, the obnoxious Sg'glu, magically grow back her left hand when she changed her clothes...
So here is my metal hand accessory (230 faces), directly extracted from the mad scientist outfit and wearable by just anyone. It works better for YAs to Elders though! It's also compatible with other accessories, stays on all the time, has the original texture, washes your laundry, does your homework and is environment-friendly. (the Tooltip in the makeover screen is Metal hand (of doom!))
I have also included at least one clothing item with no left hand for every clothing category, and one extra top for the casual one. Weirder items are also available in the FemaleMeshes_More and FemaleWeirder archives.
For some reason, the accessory doesn't seem to be compatible with the game's alien skintone. You may need to change your alien's skintone to a custom one using to let them wear it.
Also, you need the Seasons EP for the outerwear to be selectable, duh.
Feel free to recolour (but please give credit) or make more meshes with the left hand missing. And please don't upload this on any paysite or the Exchange, or Sg'glu will come for you. Is that clear?
All these meshes are Maxis ones with less polys, except for the spiky dress (1874 polys).
Thanks to the creators of and the PJSE tools, and to Tig, who explained the latter to me. It's a life saver!
Also, thanks to Kavar from the Weirdo zone for the spiky dress, bubbligirl for the skull undies/bikini, Manzanita88 for the trikini and vectorlover for the sci-fi suits
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Too much information to load! Please check each package file individually inside the Downloads tab!
Size: 206.0 KB · Downloads: 1,571 · 6th May 2007
|206.0 KB||1,571||6th May 2007|
Size: 682.1 KB · Downloads: 987 · 6th May 2007
|682.1 KB||987||6th May 2007|
Size: 139.6 KB · Downloads: 833 · 6th May 2007
|139.6 KB||833||6th May 2007|
Size: 670.2 KB · Downloads: 911 · 6th May 2007
|670.2 KB||911||6th May 2007|
Size: 1.95 MB · Downloads: 1,003 · 6th May 2007
|1.95 MB||1,003||6th May 2007|
Size: 1.62 MB · Downloads: 902 · 6th May 2007
|1.62 MB||902||6th May 2007|
Size: 1.48 MB · Downloads: 972 · 6th May 2007
|1.48 MB||972||6th May 2007|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.