The Dark Project
Uploaded 17th May 2007 at 9:13 AM · Updated 23rd Mar 2008 at 1:09 PM by The Guild Masters
so you're looking for something new? Or something very old?
These pages will take you straight to the darker ages. You'll find echoing halls and medieval towns full of shadowy corners that could just house a monster. On the town square you'll find the paupers, scrounging to get their next meal and wearing rags to cover themselves. Looking down on them are the cold hearted nobles, the gypsies and the bandits, all making their way in life despite everyone else. In dank basements alchemists and wizard pore over tomes written on black paper, and try to make lead into gold.
We will also take you to victorian times, to a world that is certainly more elegant, but not less dangerous. In the backrooms of abandoned mansions, men who think they are gods tinker with howling contraptions and flying machines.
Table of contents
This project is very wide-ranging, including objects, lots, hair and rooms filled to bursting with clothes. Please don't stray from the path, traveller.
Once you click to view all comments, this list will help you on your way.
Please see the actual posts for the files to download!
Or click the "Click here to view all Comments" at the bottom of the page
- Post 2: Build Sets - updated July 25
- Post 3: Clothes: Medieval Women - updated May 22
- Post 4: Clothes: Medieval Men - updated May 22
- Post 5: Clothes for Victorian Women
- Post 6: Clothes for Victorian Men
- Post 7: Dark clothes for Curvy Women
- Post 8: Dark clothes for Bodybuilders
- Post 9: Hair meshes
- Post 10: Dark Lots
- Post 11: New object meshes
- Post 12: Object recolours
- Post 13: Walls and floors
- Post 14: Resources for this theme
- Post 15: Clothing Mesh Info (coming)
Your Guild masters are: Alexasrosa, Besen, Corvidophile2, Crocobaura, EnblithTheFair, Fresh-Prince, Iamliz13, JohnBrehaut1, Lethe_s, Tiggerypum, V1nd1care, Xanathon, Zoej
Our thanks to everyone who contributed ideas, nengi65, liegenschonheit and especially Hysterical Paroxysm, Helaene, Delphy and the staff.
- Please don't steal any of these works and claim them as your own, post them on P2P programs or sell them on eBay.
- Please don't reupload any of the lots anywhere.
- You are very welcome to recolour any of the objects, clothes and hair meshes and upload them, as long as you make your own textures (so no colour slider recolours, please).
- For policies about including meshes and recolours in your uploads, please check with the creator (all thumbnails have pictures of the items and the name of their creator).
- Please don't ask for 'one big file'. Use Q-Xpress instead, and click on this link to download all files in the entire thread. Do make sure to read the posts and check for necessary meshes and such though.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 125.1 KB · Downloads: 64,523 · 21st May 2007
|125.1 KB||64,523||21st May 2007|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.