The "Gustavian" Set - Chairs, beds, tables... New meshes
Updated: 30th May 2007 at 9:31 PM
This is my new furniture set, inspired by the 18th century decorating style we today refer to as "Gustavian" (after king Gustav III who ruled Sweden between 1771-1792).
The Gustavian style is defined by simplicity and functionality. The colours are light; off-white, eggshell or light grey and the blue-and-white checkpattern is very typical for the era.
This style is still appreciated to this day. The classic lines fit in well even in a 21th century home, but since originals are hard to come by, and very, very expensive if you should be so lucky, reproductions made with the same, old methods as the orginals can be obtained from devoted craftsmen.
Where was I?
Right, about this set...
It's compatible with all EP:s as well as the base game alone EXCEPT for the large 2X2 diningtable that requires Nightlife.
a dining chair and a living chair
a double posterbed
a decorative canopy to put above beds or sofas (using moveobjects on)
a single bed and an endtable
a diningtable 1X1
a diningtable 2X2 (requires Nightlife)
Recolours are included in the .rar-files. The furniture are white by default - the recolours are light grey, as seen in the pictures.
Some of the objects are a bit poly-high. I'm sorry, still trying to learn how to do things right
You may include recolour and meshes with your lots. A mention of me or my site somewhere with your upload would be nice, though...
Recolour all you want. You can include these meshes with your recolours. PM me if you want UV maps with instructions.
Please report any oddness! I haven't noticed anything but all games seem to be different.
r8 hi an gimme beans plz!!!
Large diningtable: 2302
Single bed: 2296
Small diningtable: 2480
Dining chair: 964
Living chair: 2532
Credit goes to RGiles and Numenor for the CEP, Miche, Delphy and Quaxi for SimPE, Wes_H for the Milkshape plug-ins, and a lot of thanks and credits go to the MTS2 staff who helps us newbs out in the creators' forums.
Credit for inspiration, textures and stuff goes to these cool sites as well:
Vårt Svenska Rum
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Too much information to load! Please check each package file individually inside the Downloads tab!
Size: 86.5 KB · Downloads: 7,758 · 17th May 2007
|86.5 KB||7,758||17th May 2007|
Size: 89.8 KB · Downloads: 7,797 · 17th May 2007
|89.8 KB||7,797||17th May 2007|
Size: 578.5 KB · Downloads: 7,917 · 17th May 2007
|578.5 KB||7,917||17th May 2007|
Size: 125.6 KB · Downloads: 7,581 · 17th May 2007
|125.6 KB||7,581||17th May 2007|
Size: 30.6 KB · Downloads: 7,698 · 17th May 2007
|30.6 KB||7,698||17th May 2007|
Size: 41.7 KB · Downloads: 7,819 · 17th May 2007
|41.7 KB||7,819||17th May 2007|
Size: 718.6 KB · Downloads: 9,197 · 17th May 2007
|718.6 KB||9,197||17th May 2007|
Size: 817.7 KB · Downloads: 10,404 · 17th May 2007
|817.7 KB||10,404||17th May 2007|
Size: 1,002.0 KB · Downloads: 10,668 · 17th May 2007
|1,002.0 KB||10,668||17th May 2007|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
My rules or guidelines regarding my creations are simple:
*Do whatever you like with them (and that covers using my textures/meshes/alphas as bases for your own projects) as long as it stays FREE and you give me some mention. A link to my site CarnabySims.com would be just perfect*
Contact me if you need a new bodymesh for your skinning projects. If I'm having a good day I might take requests!