Updated: 17th Nov 2008 at 2:30 AM
A collection of low-budget furniture, all made from wooden crates. All items are compatabile with the base game alone, or with any and all expansion packs. The crate labels are from images of actual antique packing crate labels, found on crate label collector sites. Not all color options are shown
The bookshelf functions like any standard bookshelf, but it doesn't have the University study options. If you have University, the version with the study options is here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=184237
The end table is two more crates stacked up - includes color options with and without the cans.
The Coffee Table is an old glass tabletop resting on two more crates.
The TV stand is the standard Maxis TV set with an old crate used as the stand.
The desk is made from a couple of crates, some cinder blocks, and an old door.
The dresser is two crates filled with clothes and shoes. There is no "open dresser" animation, your Sims will simply walk to the dresser, spin, and change clothes.
All these items may be recolored/re-skinned.
You can use and alter my alphas and bumpmaps as you wish - no credit needed.
Please put some effort into it, don't just flood-fill or adjust the hue of the whole image, there are many good tutorials here that will show you how to make something you can be proud of.
If you are posting your work here, link to the thread so people can get the mesh.
If you are posting on the Exchange, you should also link to the thread since meshes do not always package up properly in complete Sims and Lots.
If you are posting them on your own site you can offer my mesh for download on your site too. Credit for the mesh is appreciated but not required.
If you are altering the mesh for any reason, please take the trouble to do it correctly - change the filename, use fix integrety, and re-link it to your own color .packages.
You can use all my items in your lots, screenshots, stories, movies, and complete Sims - no credits necessary, just have fun with them.
To make this perfectly clear, what I am saying is that you can do whatever you want with my items, and post them anywhere you like. That includes free sites, the Exchange, paysites, and donator-only areas.
I just ask that you take the trouble to do it correctly so your stuff doesn't interfere with anyone else's.
Bookshelf = 1316
Coffee Table = 382
Desk = 1006
Dresser = 1058
End Table = 1488
TV and Stand = 976
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 820.9 KB · Downloads: 4,569 · 11th Aug 2007
|820.9 KB||4,569||11th Aug 2007|
Size: 849.0 KB · Downloads: 4,829 · 11th Aug 2007
|849.0 KB||4,829||11th Aug 2007|
Size: 585.3 KB · Downloads: 4,750 · 11th Aug 2007
|585.3 KB||4,750||11th Aug 2007|
Size: 322.1 KB · Downloads: 4,597 · 11th Aug 2007
|322.1 KB||4,597||11th Aug 2007|
Size: 605.3 KB · Downloads: 4,660 · 11th Aug 2007
|605.3 KB||4,660||11th Aug 2007|
Size: 931.9 KB · Downloads: 4,235 · 11th Aug 2007
|931.9 KB||4,235||11th Aug 2007|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The Bodyshop Mechanic program was updated March 14 - if you use Bodyshop at all, you might want to take a look.
All my vehicles have now been updated to work, without alterations, with Numenor's Drivable Cars without NightLife mod.
Some of my downloads got corrupted in the recent hard-drive crash - These are all replaced now - and a big thanks to those who helped by sending the original .zip files.