Pack of FULLY ANIMATED spiral stairs
Updated: 29th Apr 2011 at 7:44 PM by leesester
PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLING:
- The animations are in a separate package, don't forget to install it in the same folder!
- These should work with any version of the game
- Each stairs style has a left turn and a right turn version, only the left turn version is recolourable, but the right turn version will use the recolours (repository method)
- The stairs will show with the straight staircases; the thumbnails are off-center but I don't think there's anything I can do about it.
- Objects placed under the stairs will be useable; the downside is that sims will walk through it if no object blocks the way. Now this is easily fixable with an invisible fence.
- The animations work for all ages, sims will use only the regular speed and walk style though; I don't want to spend another 2 months making the rest on top of my job... Now, running in spiral stairs would be a really stupid thing to do
- No pets animations: since we can't use the pets models in Milkshape (yet), I just blocked the animations for them; same for ghosts, I have no issue with them just materializing up and downstairs.
- The stairs are stackable, and the bottom tile is in a weird position so it doesn't interfere with doors in stairwells. Still, a door should be placed facing the bottom step or it will always open the wrong way, except on the last level.
- Simple wood stairs without railing, 5 wood colours included in the "left" package
- Wood and iron stairs with railing, 3 wood colours included, and 3 matching fences.
- Concrete square stairs without railing, 4 stucco/stone colours included + 1 reflective marble, and 5 matching fences.
- Death Trap Deluxe, without railing or center post, for your most reckless sims: white, bright green and red recolours included
Policy : NO PAYSITES, NO EXCHANGE - These can be included in lots with a link back here. If you want to clone the stairs, please contact me.
SimpleSpiralStairs-left: 807 vertices, 396 polys
SimpleSpiralStairs-right: 807 vertices, 396 polys
SpiralStairs-Railing-left: 1776 vertices, 1322 polys
SpiralStairs-Railing-right: 1635 vertices, 1322 polys
ConcreteSpiralStairs-left: 704 vertices, 450 polys
ConcreteSpiralStairs-right: 856 vertices, 450 polys
SpiralStairs-DeathTrapDeluxe-left: 2426 vertices, 3976 polys
SpiralStairs-DeathTrapDeluxe-right: 3014 vertices, 3976 polys
spiralstairs-matching-fence: 827 vertices, 328 polys
spiralstairs-matching-fence2: 827 vertices, 328 polys
spiralstairs-matching-fence3: 827 vertices, 328 polys
ConcreteStairsMatchingFence1: 172 vertices, 158 polys
ConcreteStairsMatchingFence2: 172 vertices, 158 polys
ConcreteStairsMatchingFence3: 172 vertices, 158 polys
ConcreteStairsMatchingFence4: 172 vertices, 158 polys
ConcreteStairsMatchingFence5: 172 vertices, 158 polys
Biggest thanks to Wes_h for making this possible with all his hard work on the Unimesh and Animesh plugins, to Echo and John Brehaut for their tutorials, and to Quaxi for SimPE!
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 186.6 KB · Downloads: 229,090 · 16th Sep 2007
|186.6 KB||229,090||16th Sep 2007|
Size: 634.3 KB · Downloads: 205,451 · 16th Sep 2007
|634.3 KB||205,451||16th Sep 2007|
Size: 138.6 KB · Downloads: 194,269 · 16th Sep 2007
|138.6 KB||194,269||16th Sep 2007|
Size: 354.8 KB · Downloads: 250,409 · 16th Sep 2007
|354.8 KB||250,409||16th Sep 2007|
Size: 618.1 KB · Downloads: 210,919 · 16th Sep 2007
|618.1 KB||210,919||16th Sep 2007|
Size: 571.6 KB · Downloads: 241,503 · 16th Sep 2007
|571.6 KB||241,503||16th Sep 2007|
Size: 10.8 KB · Downloads: 262,682 · 16th Sep 2007
|10.8 KB||262,682||16th Sep 2007|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Long overdue: updated policy
- All my files on MTS2 can be included in your FREE uploads with a link to the original thread or my profile.
- If you want to clone or reuse parts of my work, please ask, I don't bite (... any more ;))! And be aware that some of my stuff, like the spiral stairs, would likely need a little additional information unless you know exactly what you're doing.
- Of course no need to ask if you want to recolour my stuff, still I'd appreciate that you let me know so I get a chance to enjoy your work.