Russian clay stove (Please redownload!)
Updated: 27th Oct 2008 at 4:14 PM by -Maylin-
Let me present you another piece of Russian culture.
The interior of typical Russian peasant houses in earlier times was quite simple, even severe, deprived of decorative furniture. But there always was a dominant feature inside any log hut and in people’s life. All the family got together near it in the evening to embroider, to carve wood or just to tell stories. It was a large clay stove, occupying one corner to the left or right of the main door. It was not only the means of heating the house and cooking meals, baking clay pottery or drying herbs and fruits, but also a sleeping place that could accommodate ten to twenty people. I believe it was quite comfy to spend long frosty Russian winters on a warm stove! So comfy that some characters of Russian fairy tales could spend over 30 years on it (not because they were unable to walk, but just didn’t want to leave such a nice place) or they could go to conquest pretty girls right on it like on a car! There are dozens tales, songs, proverbs where the Russian Stove is mentioned. You can read, if you want, one of those stories here.
Your Sims, unfortunately, won’t be able to sleep on my stove, but they quite can cook delicious traditional Russian meals.
This stove comes in two recolors: white and tidy one for an ordinary peasant family, and a shabby one which could make a good addition for a Baba Yaga log hut. Be careful! She also bakes strangers in it! So don’t be surprised if your neighbors start disappearing.
You can find it in Cooking Appliances.
Faces=2665, vertices=3103 for 6 tiles
Additional Credits: and creators, Milkshape, 3D Max, Photoshop
Big thanks to
The Well-Equipped Thief for great textures!
Many many thanks to Jasana_BugBreeder for her help with resolving the problem with the stove interactions.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 528.7 KB · Downloads: 16,777 · 21st Mar 2008
|528.7 KB||16,777||21st Mar 2008|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
You may use my objects in your lots and you may include my creations in your lot files.
You may use my creations for videos, pictures or whatever you like without credits, in case you don't call them yours and there is no profit concerned.
In case you want to modify my mesh or use my textures, please contact me first. Don't be afraid, I'm not biting. ;)
In no case you are permitted to upload my objects on pay sites!
And I would greatly appreciate links to the sites where you might post recolors of my creations or your pictures or videos with them. It's not necessary, just my curiosity.
Thank you for your consideration!