-Open Coals Rotisserie Spit- For Cavemen and Campers Alike!
Updated: 3rd Aug 2008 at 1:13 AM
I really suck at planning ahead. Like really. Yet another challenge entry right around the deadline. This time my problem was (once again) what should I make? Well, I looked around and tried to figure out exactly what was missing for your Neanderthals to make a good life for themselves and I couldn't find a decent stove or grill that suited them. So I made one. I took the ugly boxy community grill and tossed the coals on the ground and borrowed a couple of Fido's fetch sticks and built myself a little open coals spit grill. You can make hamburgers and hot dogs on it. If you have custom foods that you can cook on a grill (a Hunk o' Flesh perhaps?) you can cook it on this too.
This cute little grill is also useful OUTSIDE the theme! Campers enjoy the roughing-it feeling it provides and every little Sim Scout out there is bound to have to set one of these up to earn their Merit Badges!
My First Time: Not learning how to do something new on the Challenge Theme...
Previous Knowledge: Basic Milkshape skillz.
Compatibility: Anybody and Everybody
Custom Content by Me:
- Open Coals Rotisserie Spit
Nitty-gritty: Please don’t upload any of my creations anywhere, they are my toys to share, but I want to be the one to share them. If you use my grill in a lot you upload, please link back to me instead of including it. Thanks for respecting my work! You can, however, recolor it and upload those recolors here at MTS2 without asking for my permission. Not sure why you'd want to, but go for it if you want too!
#Create, I think I asked for help or advice or something from them in there on this one. I dunno, I'm having trouble differentiating the days from each other, let alone conversations at this point...
All the CC in the pictures can be found on MTS2, I've used a combination of other contest entries (Create a Cave is wonderful!) and downloads from the Simstone's Project. If you are looking for something I used, cruise around a bit on the site, there are lots of hidden (older) goodies available! The Neanderthals themselves I created after some research on the facial structure.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Sometimes a stove just isn't practical, sometimes you are out camping under the stars, or sometimes they haven't been invented yet. Either way, nothing beats a hot meal. - Created by Phaenoh, MTS2. Please do not reupload or include in lots.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 34.6 KB · Downloads: 23,446 · 21st Jun 2008
|34.6 KB||23,446||21st Jun 2008|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Blurb and Updatez:
- Please don't reupload my work anywhere else. Just point them back here, I'm not going anywhere! :)
- Please ask permission before using my work as a base for your project. I almost always say 'yes' and often times I will help you with your project! :bunny:
- If you make something (like a story or a video) and it has something of mine in it, send me the link, I love to see my stuff 'in action'!
- Sadly, but honestly, I can't take on requests. You can ask if it's something already related to one of my current projects, but I'm not likely to take on your project for you. MTS has lots of wonderful tutorials ;)